Options

The Vampire Diaries Season 2 UK

Comments

• Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See that bint Damon met when he and Stefan rescued Elena. The english accent character I mean. She is that annoying bastard from Supernatural season 3 isn't she. Sorry to use that type of language but it is the only suger coated way I can describe her. I almost lost interest in Supernatural because of her character in the show she really REALLY got under my skin. I just hope the character she plays in TVD is not annoying. Too early yet to know for sure. She's gorgeous but she did make me want to kick my tv screen in while watching Supernatural.

If this post has any angry comments in it I here by apologise maybe though it will show you how much that actresses character annoyed me. I never knew a tv character could annoy you as much as she did with what she did to Sam and Dean.

Yes:D Are you me? :D
  • Options
    SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As they say "great minds think alike" :cool:

Seriously though I hope her character in TVD is actually bearable this time. As she is gorgeous so I would like to drool at the mere thought of her and not actually want to run her over in a car or something.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 276
    Forum Member
    Im definately going to have to watch it again I got so confused.

When was the moonstone done? Before Katherine in that Klaus wanted to kill he to break the spell or did he want to kill her for the 'fun' of it and then she did the moonstone and now he wants Elena to break the spell???

I loved the bit where Katherine pointed out she was safest in the tomb though
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im definately going to have to watch it again I got so confused.

When was the moonstone done? Before Katherine in that Klaus wanted to kill he to break the spell or did he want to kill her for the 'fun' of it and then she did the moonstone and now he wants Elena to break the spell???

I loved the bit where Katherine pointed out she was safest in the tomb though

I think, if the originals are the first Vamps, that it must have happened before Katherine (although I get the feeling she might not have been the first to look like her-hence the doppelgänger tag) and that now he wants to kill her because she escaped him and stole the moonstone.

Elena can break the spell because she's human, so naturally Klaus will want her and Katherine wanted Elena- I guess- as a bargaining chip for Klaus to save her own life. Despite saying she needs to be protected.

Phew:D This show doesn't half exhaust you.
  • Options
    DeniseDenise Posts: 12,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think, if the originals are the first Vamps, that it must have happened before Katherine (although I get the feeling she might not have been the first to look like her-hence the doppelgänger tag) and that now he wants to kill her because she escaped him and stole the moonstone.

Elena can break the spell because she's human, so naturally Klaus will want her and Katherine wanted Elena- I guess- as a bargaining chip for Klaus to save her own life. Despite saying she needs to be protected.

Phew:D This show doesn't half exhaust you.

Yes, I got the idea that Elena and Katherine aren't the first to look alike based on Katherine being a doppelganger before Elena existed. Could get confusing if we have a third arrive :D Wonder what happened to the other, is she also a vampire and why Katherine was needed when she was human?
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See that bint Damon met when he and Stefan rescued Elena. The english accent character I mean. She is that annoying bastard from Supernatural season 3 isn't she. Sorry to use that type of language but it is the only suger coated way I can describe her. I almost lost interest in Supernatural because of her character in the show she really REALLY got under my skin. I just hope the character she plays in TVD is not annoying. Too early yet to know for sure. She's gorgeous but she did make me want to kick my tv screen in while watching Supernatural.

If this post has any angry comments in it I here by apologise maybe though it will show you how much that actresses character annoyed me. I never knew a tv character could annoy you as much as she did with what she did to Sam and Dean.

Im so glad I wasnt the only one to dislike her character in Supernatural she really was annoying & so as soon as I saw her I took and instant dislike to Rose :D

Also I just had to look up where Lauren Cohan is from because her accent has been bothering me & it says she was born in the US & then moved to the UK as a child which probably explains the slipping between accents she seems to do :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    Yes, I got the idea that Elena and Katherine aren't the first to look alike based on Katherine being a doppelganger before Elena existed. Could get confusing if we have a third arrive :D Wonder what happened to the other, is she also a vampire and why Katherine was needed when she was human?

Doppelgänger high-jinks ensue!:D:D

Can you imagine? *l*

Perhaps, though, the person who originally looked like them both was sacrificed to make the curse in the first place?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doppelgänger high-jinks ensue!:D:D

Can you imagine? *l*

Perhaps, though, the person who originally looked like them both was sacrificed to make the curse in the first place?

Ahh could be, wonder if we will find out. They kept just saying doppelganger as opposed to specific doppelgangers lol.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure I understand this doppelganger idea. I thought doppelganers were supposed to be evil clones, bad luck etc. not just someone who looks identical to a ancestor that seems to skip a few generations. So was Katarina a doppelganger of one of her ancestors?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    Not sure I understand this doppelganger idea. I thought doppelganers were supposed to be evil clones, bad luck etc. not just someone who looks identical to a ancestor that seems to skip a few generations. So was Katarina a doppelganger of one of her ancestors?

Doppelgangers seem to change a bit depending on the writer/folklore. Katherine could be the evil doppelganger, with a good one prior to her which is now Elena. We have one good and one bad at present and don't get the feeling that Katherine was ever nice in whichever life lol. We have had a couple of glimpses of Katherine showing some feeling, but each time it was in cases pertaining to herself.

When Katherine was telling her story to Elena, she said that Klaus needed her as the doppelganger to sacrifice to break the curse 300 odd years ago, so without Elena being born for a few hundred years yet, there must have been another. Would be interesting to find out about the third, or should I say first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denise wrote: »
    Doppelgangers seem to change a bit depending on the writer/folklore. Katherine could be the evil doppelganger, with a good one prior to her which is now Elena. We have one good and one bad at present and don't get the feeling that Katherine was ever nice in whichever life lol. We have had a couple of glimpses of Katherine showing some feeling, but each time it was in cases pertaining to herself.

When Katherine was telling her story to Elena, she said that Klaus needed her as the doppelganger to sacrifice to break the curse 300 odd years ago, so without Elena being born for a few hundred years yet, there must have been another. Would be interesting to find out about the third, or should I say first.

I have to say Nina has done a fantastic job playing 2 characters. She has made Katherine and Elena two very different characters - the complete opposite. Imagine if she has to play another doppelganger? That's 3 different characters but she has the capability to pull it off.

Yesterday, I watched the episode 'The Sacrifice' online which will be shown here next week (I couldn't help myself and gave in and watched it :p) and all I can say is Wow!!! :eek: This series keeps on suprising me!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hera wrote: »
    I have to say Nina has done a fantastic job playing 2 characters. She has made Katherine and Elena two very different characters - the complete opposite. Imagine if she has to play another doppelganger? That's 3 different characters but she has the capability to pull it off.

Yesterday, I watched the episode 'The Sacrifice' online which will be shown here next week (I couldn't help myself and gave in and watched it :p) and all I can say is Wow!!! :eek: This series keeps on suprising me!

She really has! I wasn't sure if she'd be able to pull off the 'baddie' role after playing such a sweet character but she does both of them brilliantly.

Oh you've intrigued me now. :p *Must stay away from spoilers*
  • Options
    maidenscotlandmaidenscotland Posts: 19
    Forum Member

glad to know I'm not the only one without the willpower to wait until Tuesday :o:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woah.

Ok, a lot of things to get our heads around yet again. Elijah, could he actually be protecting Elena, stopping the spell being broken? This is confusing. Maybe the warlocks aren't enemies? Which is it?

This programme could never be called predicable like most!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ Yep I'm confused too. He goes to all that trouble to track her down then decides to just leave her where she is anyway. Hmmm. Just when you think you know who the baddies are, everything it's turned on it's head!

Poor Stefan's now in the clutches of Katherine.. and Damon has his best chance yet to charm Elena.

I'm kind of hoping that Caroline and Tyler get together but no idea how that would work considering they are supposed to be enemies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you remember, he didn't originally track her down, Rose and the other one brought Elena for him, at the time he didn't know there was another doppelganger. Maybe now he wants to keep her safe from Klaus so the curse isn't broken? He maybe needed to keep track of her for safety?

It is confusing, we assumed an enemy because Elena was being handed to him and Damon/Stefan were the ones to attack. The fact he just left tonight after killing the other vampires and then said to the warlock he spared Damon as he will risk his life to save Elena has put me in a spin and seems we are bad at working out who is the enemy lol.

Stefan locked in the tomb with Katherine now and Damon protecting Elena is going to be very interesting .....

Caroline and Tyler is really sweet, both in similar situations. Disliked both of them in the start, but now I really feel for them both.

I hope Bonnie gets help from the other witch and maybe the warlocks if they aren't enemies, four of them together would hopefully stop it killing Bonnie.
  • Options
    suspect10suspect10 Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Well, its taken me all week to work out the last episode, now i'm back to square one.lol

don't get me wrong, i like a strong woman but sometimes elana abuses the priviledge, jeremy also.
  • Options
    clangers23clangers23 Posts: 162
    Forum Member
    I can see I am going to have to start from the beginning of the series again to try and de-confuse myself lol. Good job I have recorded it :D

I am also amazed at how good an acting job Nina is doing. I have to remind myself the two characters are being played by the same actress!!
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How great was that episode last night - there were so many storylines I think I need to watch it again to make sense of everything :D

I cant believe Stefan has got himself locked in the tomb with Katherine :eek: surely he wont be left there too long or will he :confused: and will Elena be jealous of them being trapped together like Stefan is bound to worry about Damon & Elena being stuck outside together

Am I the only one who wants Jeremy & Bonnie together, I really like Jeremy this season & think he needs a new love interest after losing Anna :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    How great was that episode last night - there were so many storylines I think I need to watch it again to make sense of everything :D

I cant believe Stefan has got himself locked in the tomb with Katherine :eek: surely he wont be left there too long or will he :confused: and will Elena be jealous of them being trapped together like Stefan is bound to worry about Damon & Elena being stuck outside together

Am I the only one who wants Jeremy & Bonnie together, I really like Jeremy this season & think he needs a new love interest after losing Anna :)

I am not sure I would want Bonnie with Jeremy, things aren't looking good for her at the moment and each time Jeremy is with someone they get killed within a short while. Jeremy needs someone nice and who understands what is going on, just not sure it's Bonnie, but will see how it developes. Anna would have been best for him, I was so sad when she got killed.
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the first time yesterday I thought that the episode was a total filler!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, I don't think it was as good as some of the episodes have been but I guess it set us up for upcoming problems à la Stefan & Katherine, Elijah and whatever he's planning, etc.

Natalie I also want Jeremy and Bonnie together. They're quite cute. :) Although I honestly didn't realise that Jeremy is only sixteen!? I forget that most of them are still in high school, they all seem older.

Still can't wait to see what the almighty Klaus looks like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blemished wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't think it was as good as some of the episodes have been but I guess it set us up for upcoming problems à la Stefan & Katherine, Elijah and whatever he's planning, etc.

Natalie I also want Jeremy and Bonnie together. They're quite cute. :) Although I honestly didn't realise that Jeremy is only sixteen!? I forget that most of them are still in high school, they all seem older.

Still can't wait to see what the almighty Klaus looks like.

If this programme was made 40 years ago, then Klaus would be some ugly & scary looking fella but in the 21st Century, we say hello to sexy ass bad vampires. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I really enjoyed last nights, there have been some that have been slower going, but plenty happened to think about. My mind is still on Elijah and the warlock wondering what they are doing. We also get the going up sections of the roller coaster, setting it up for the fast bumpy ride down :D

Very well written, I love how it's done so we aren't constantly second guessing right, in fact get it wrong a lot of the time. It definitely can't be called predictable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If this programme was made 40 years ago, then Klaus would be some ugly & scary looking fella but in the 21st Century, we say hello to sexy ass bad vampires. :D

I never understood the need for ugly vampires, if you are going to turn someone then you would pick appealing ones to spend eternity with lol. Vampires are also supposed to be sexual in my mind, they prey on the neck mainly, an erogenous zone and often seduce their prey. Suppose we all have different ideas of what they should be.