Most Pointless Announcement Ever

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Seriously? No proper release date, no price, and not even an image of the bleeding thing? What was the point in that announcement?

Comments

• PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You now know part of the specs and a release date + info about the controller and some of the games.

So no, not the most pointless announcement ever
  • sheep88sheep88 Posts: 521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Seriously? No proper release date, no price, and not even an image of the bleeding thing? What was the point in that announcement?
    it leaves you asking these questions and creates hype for E3
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    sheep88 wrote: »
    it leaves you asking these questions and creates hype for E3

Exactly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most pointless thread ever more like, this already being discussed in numerous places on these forums yet we need to another thread saying how pointless the meeting was

Yesterday PS4 didn't official exist, today is does and people are discussing it, if that isn't a point a don't what is
  • macman11macman11 Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    I think Sony have played a good one here in regards to hype.

If they waited until E3 for the full official unveiling, it would have the same billing as the new XBox. This way they are creating excitement ahead of a full unveilng at E3 so have stolen a march on Microsoft.

Of course, if the new XBox blows everyone away in comparison, then it won't matter.
  • thapthapthapthap Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last Gen I bought all three - twas the only way to be sure.
    Wii got canned fast - gave it to some children to cover in chocolate and break - pos that it was.

Xbox 360 lasted quite well - Oblivion kept me busy for a long time and Forza 4 is still a pretty good game but it gathers dust more than gets turned on though.

PS3 became my machine, home hub, media centre gaming machine etc.

the PS4 announcement was a lot of vague speigl about social gaming with a few tasters of what was to come whilst actually revealing very little to us who want to know facts.
    I think the only way to be sure you pick the right console this gen is to buy them all :D

except nintendo, they have sucked since the Snes tbf.
    the wii was my last waste on tendo crap.
  • DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Oh stop moaning :rolleyes:

They did not need to show the PS4 console itself they have months left to hype the PS4 up. There was no need to show Everything in one announcement. We got the info on what the PS4 can do and thats enough for now. E3 will see see the console itself, a price and a release date.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We know far more about the PS4 now than we did about the Wii U when Nintendo announced it 22 months ago. In fact Nintendo still haven't confirmed the CPU/GPU clock speeds and it's available to buy.

I also find out funny that people are complaining about the social features, saying how immersion breaking it's going to be when the single biggest request that Sony have received for the PS3 and the sticking point that many 360 owners use as proof of Live's superiority to the PSN was the integration of cross game chat.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »

They are saving all of that for E3. If they were to show everything now, then it would leave Microsoft to steal the show and get all the publicity.

Sony have done the right thing.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Sony have done the right thing.

Yep. If they announced everything, we'd all be talking about it for a few months then the buzz will die down. Whereas, doing what they're doing, people are talking about it now & when more details are released at E3, there'll be more to talk about for a while in the run up to launch. It will always be getting talked about & not forgotten about when Microsoft announce theirs
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been away from the internet for 24 hours, are people really hung up on not having been shown a plastic box?
  • Bio MaxBio Max Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been away from the internet for 24 hours, are people really hung up on not having been shown a plastic box?

Personally I do find it a bit bizarre they wouldn't show it - it's obviously just so they can draw it out and build up anticipation.

For me I want to see it because the damned thing will be staring at me in my lounge for the next few years - so yeah it's important to know what it looks like / how big it is.
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bio Max wrote: »
    Personally I do find it a bit bizarre they wouldn't show it - it's obviously just so they can draw it out and build up anticipation.

For me I want to see it because the damned thing will be staring at me in my lounge for the next few years - so yeah it's important to know what it looks like / how big it is.

Bearing in mind that Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president Hiroshi Kawano has admitted that he is yet to see the final design of the PlayStation 4, I'm guessing the casing isn't finished yet, anyway.

It might also be a tactic to delay any clone consoles coming out of China. I'm pretty sure Sony wouldn't appreciate a FunStation4 hitting the mail order oultets / market stalls before their new baby comes out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bearing in mind that Sony Computer Entertainment Japan president Hiroshi Kawano has admitted that he is yet to see the final design of the PlayStation 4, I'm guessing the casing isn't finished yet, anyway.

It might also be a tactic to delay any clone consoles coming out of China. I'm pretty sure Sony wouldn't appreciate a FunStation4 hitting the mail order oultets / market stalls before their new baby comes out.
    Yeah kind of hilerious that there were fake iPhone 5 phones out in China based off leaked photos before they even announced the iPhone 5!

PS3 was shown and changed a bit after its first unveiling so yeah, I'm wondering if the console does something, like has a function that they don't want to show yet.