'Comedians' lapped up by Joe Public but you can't stand..

Space CadetSpace Cadet Posts: 363
Forum Member
John Bishop

Yet to hear a funny word out of the man's gob. Oh, he's scouse, has he mentioned it?

Mikey Flanagan

Yes, you're cockney and 'funny'. So are Chas N Dave.

Sarah Milligan

Poor man's Caroline Ahern.

Comments

• SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say I "can't stand" them because they're probably perfectly pleasant, but I find Jack Whitehall, Russell Howard and James Corden rather annoying.
  • Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leigh Francis
    Sarah Millican
    David Walliams
    Peter Kay
    Sacha Baron Cohen (although to be fair he was brilliant in Les Mis)
    James Corden (though to be fair to him, he is a good serious actor)

Mainly I can't stand anyone who's act revolves around being as vulgar as is humanly possible. David Walliams, meanwhile, just creeps me out like little else and I can't understand how he's seen as a national treasure.
  • MagicCoppeliaMagicCoppelia Posts: 20,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie Boyle. Don't personally find him funny, just offensive and insulting.:(
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sacha Baron Cohen (although to be fair he was brilliant in Les Mis)

I hated him in Les Mis. I was expecting so much better than the scene-ruiners he and Bonham-Carter turned out to be :(

Back on topic... Ricky Gervais.
  • 4smiffy4smiffy Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Bishop.
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,102
    Forum Member
    Bishop, Flanagan & Bridgestock
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate all of them and hate the panel shows that they are on even more :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason Manford. I have to turn over the TV whenever he comes on, unfunny cheating muppet.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gervais - personification of smug.
    Russell Howard - just not funny. & far too self conscious
    Michael McIntyre- bland, awful drivel.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gervais - personification of smug.

You do know that his fans will turn up soon to say that the "smugness" of Gervais is just part of a character he plays don't you??
  • MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    Ricky Gervais even when he's being himself I don't seem to like him.The appearance on the one show where he laughed all the time like a little child at the cooking section just forever put me off him
    David Walliams I just think is too creepy. When he just stands there smiling I still think creepy
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ricky Gervaise
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we hadn't had a "comedians I don't like" thread for a while :)

not a moan at all .. it's just one of the threads on DS that is re-posted as new every couple of months.
  • Space CadetSpace Cadet Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    Ricky Gervais and his false laughing is a right turn off
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankie Boyle. Don't personally find him funny, just offensive and insulting.:(

Couldn't agree more.

I also forgot to add Ricky Gervais to my list. Just awful, act or no act.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Carr on the Royal Variety Performance was shockingly bad. Reading out a series of unfunny cue cards and a bit of shrugging
    Sarah Millican's only joke is you don't expect dirty talk from such a sweet looking young lady.
    Will someone please inform Keith Lemon that Paul Carf wants his act back, except Paul Carf was funny.
    I can't understand a word John Bishop says so I have no idea if he is funny.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    Russell Howard
    Russell Brand

This isn't an anti Russell protest, just a coincidence I'm sure.:) I'd add Jack Whitehall to that list as well.

I wouldn't say I 'can't stand' them but it genuinely amazes me how mainstream they became, with such little talent.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Urgh, yes. I remember when he was the inescapable flavour of the month and I just couldn't understand why. He still pops up a lot but the hype does seem to have died down somewhat, thank God.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jon Richardson

I've had more amusing bouts of diarrhoea
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It'll descend into one of those 'list threads' again, but there are so many! I'm not a fan of most modern comedy.

Jimmy Carr is just horrible. His mere presence on TV programmes is off-putting.

Sarah Millican is very screechy and shrill. Don't like her act at all.

Victoria Coren - typical indignant feminist type.

Keith Lemon/Leigh Francis - how does he remain on TV? Just seems very bargain bucket.

David Walliams - apparently a 'national treasure' but still unspeakably creepy!

Russell Brand - why this mess of a person is so revered and glorified I will never know.
  • ukbadgeukbadge Posts: 363
    Forum Member
    James Corden - although his mum thinks he is funny!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Whenever I've had the misfortune of accidentally turning on 'Russell Howard's good news' he is always dry humping an imaginary partner and it makes me feel sick
  • ChipPaperChipPaper Posts: 18,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twinkletto wrote: »
    Jimmy Carr on the Royal Variety Performance was shockingly bad. Reading out a series of unfunny cue cards and a bit of shrugging
    Sarah Millican's only joke is you don't expect dirty talk from such a sweet looking young lady.
    Will someone please inform Keith Lemon that Paul Carf wants his act back, except Paul Carf was funny.
    I can't understand a word John Bishop says so I have no idea if he is funny.

And she likes cake. And trifle. *rolleyes*

Leigh Francis/Keith Lemon is truly atrocious. Every time I see him on TV I just think 'What happened to wit? Remember when comedians were witty?' There's no comedy to his act, just swearing and knob gags *rolleyes* (we really need that smiley back).
  • BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So glad to see it's not just me that finds Walliams so physically repellant. If he were unmasked as a child molester I wouldn't be in the least surprised.

Also:

Russell Brand - could benefit from an introduction to a live steam hose, and having his thesaurus surgically removed...

Frankie Boyle - I detest Jordan as much as the next sentient being, but that was just out of line...

Michael McIntyre - just... not funny, especially the skipping...

Ricky Gervaise - smug, unfunny and a piss-poor liar ("I was using 'mong' in its modern usage": yeah, and those twitter faces ?)...

Sacha Baron Cohen - Ali G was genius, everything else since then is dross...

Jennifer Saunders - one her own, as amusing as leprosy.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miranda Hart. about as funny as slipping in dog crap.