Bra Fitting Help

2»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fredster wrote: »
    I am a 40D, and use M&S for that reason. alot of brands stop at 38DD.but M&S go up to 44 and big cup sizes.
    Do bravissimo go up to bigger sizes and where are their stores?, I live in Hertfordshire.
    Check their website for store locations. I can't say enough about the bra from them I love, their best seller, been around years now. Can PM the link to that page if you want
  • 80sQueen80sQueen Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't laugh but Ann Summers staff know their stuff when it comes to measuring bras.

If you go in store they will do it for you, or if you have a party the Organiser should be trained in bra fitting. I used to do bra fittings and was horrified at some of the sizes M&S and Debenhams used to sell people.

As a rough guide, measure around the bottom bra line in inches. If it is an even number, add 4. For an odd number, add 5. Example; if you measure 32" add 4" (36) - if you're 33" add 5" (38) That gives you the bra size.

Then to get the cup size, measure around the fullest part of the breasts. From the even number you just got from the first measurement, if its 1 inch bigger, you're an A, 2 ins, B etc etc etc

Hope this helps
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sQueen wrote: »
    Don't laugh but Ann Summers staff know their stuff when it comes to measuring bras.

If you go in store they will do it for you, or if you have a party the Organiser should be trained in bra fitting. I used to do bra fittings and was horrified at some of the sizes M&S and Debenhams used to sell people.

As a rough guide, measure around the bottom bra line in inches. If it is an even number, add 4. For an odd number, add 5. Example; if you measure 32" add 4" (36) - if you're 33" add 5" (38) That gives you the bra size.

Then to get the cup size, measure around the fullest part of the breasts. From the even number you just got from the first measurement, if its 1 inch bigger, you're an A, 2 ins, B etc etc etc

Hope this helps

I will have a try tonight. Thank you.

Can I just ask. You said 'from the even number you just got' - is that the true even number ... or the even number plus 4 ?
  • 80sQueen80sQueen Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Porcupine wrote: »
    I will have a try tonight. Thank you.

Can I just ask. You said 'from the even number you just got' - is that the true even number ... or the even number plus 4 ?

The even number plus 4 or odd number plus 5. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also had a hillarious bra fitting in M&S, they kinna got me the right size, although the bra that would fit me was only in one style and rather looked like the Madonna cone bra's, literally with a nice roomy area in front of my nipples only, I insisted on trying my t-shirt on top of it and I almost collapsed laughing whilst they told me it looked lovely. Yet another vote for Bravissimo, perfect every time and last for ages.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiya everyone! Thanks so much for all of your replies :)

I got fitted again yesterday at Debenhams and the bras I bought fit me much better than the M&S ones. I don't think I'll be able to return them though as my dad threw away a load of my receipts and my M&S one must have been among them :(

I really can't get over how bad the service was in M&S and how inept the fitters were. I shall never be going there again! My mom had a bad experience there too, with the ladies talking about her thinking she'd gone away, and I've also heard things from my friends. Nasty people.

I shall have to go to Bravissimo at some point! I think the nearest one to me is in Solihull, but that's still quite far and I can't drive :( I'll have to beg my mom to take me :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I got fitted again yesterday at Debenhams and the bras I bought fit me much better than the M&S ones. I don't think I'll be able to return them though as my dad threw away a load of my receipts and my M&S one must have been among them :(

I really can't get over how bad the service was in M&S and how inept the fitters were. I shall never be going there again! My mom had a bad experience there too, with the ladies talking about her thinking she'd gone away, and I've also heard things from my friends. Nasty people.

I shall have to go to Bravissimo at some point! I think the nearest one to me is in Solihull, but that's still quite far and I can't drive :( I'll have to beg my mom to take me :p

I suggest you try the knickerbox bras at Ann Summers if you can find a store that has them. Had a couple of those bras and they were a great fit for me (obviously you could be different) and they've lasted ages without loosening up much or having bits of under wire sticking out (had this problem with a couple of m&s bras).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you think you know your size of even close they have a great mail order service, I'm pretty sure their returns policy is good too, worth a thought.
  • elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member

Magenta01 wrote: »
    If you think you know your size of even close they have a great mail order service, I'm pretty sure their returns policy is good too, worth a thought.

And their customer service people are super helpful and know their stuff, they can also give you some fitting advice over the phone.
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    I would expect better service than that from M&S.

If I were the OP (hardly, wrong gender even) I would write a letter to the manager. I would detail the problems and say that I didn't want to criticise individual staff, but feel that the service I received wasn't as good as it should have been. And leave it there. Even if they don't decide to make things better for you, it'll probably mean that future customers receive a better service.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    I find that shops that offer a bra fiting service all measure diffrently I think the best thing to do is find a style of bra that suit you and stick to it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,173
    Forum Member
    i'm not sure why you then bought the bras if you were uncomfortabe in them. but that's not the issue. were you wearing them on the 3rd hook? because if you were, then they're definitely too small. i suggest you measure yourself and then buy bras according to the size that you measure yourself at. a lot can depend on the style of bra. i always find a balcony bra better fitting then any other style. but that might not be the same for you. for what it's worth though, in general i've never found m&s bra's to be very well fitting. also, i seem to remember someone in la senza telling me once that if you're wearing the bra on the tightest hook straight away then it's too big around the back. over time, the elastic will give, and you'll need to be able to put it on a tighter hook

oh... and if you've still got the too small bras... might be worth investing in some of these: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_152010112294?CMP=OTC-GOOGLEPS&tmcampid=28&tmad=c&sku=6441283
  • GrizzyDeeGrizzyDee Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    then giving them a wee shoogle to get in the cups properly is the best way....

I have never given my breasts "a wee shoogle". Can you do a demo video so we can all learn? :D
  • chawlvischawlvis Posts: 201
    Forum Member
    I recommend the Asda Smart Price bras, they always fit.