Options

New song: Kylie Minogue - SKIRT - first release of def jam

Comments

• Options
    MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can you confirm where is says its the first release? which is what you claim.

that artical does not say its the first release
  • Options
    Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is the first record she has allowed her fans to hear. I don't mean an official release I mean a release to radio to the Internet etc. we haven't heard any music since she signed the deal. I thought that would be pretty obvious
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Where's the tune?
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it reminds me a bit of Where Have You Been :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im glad she is moving away from pop and having a more urban rnb sound! I think it will do her good 2 have a new sound.
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it's the first single. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's the first single. :o

I never said it was her first single!!! I said it is the first release under def jam recordings!
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never said it was her first single!!! I said it is the first release under def jam recordings!

eep! I meant to say I hope it's not the first single but got caught up reading the thread :o
  • Options
    CloudbusterCloudbuster Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is rather good. Some great hooks and she sounds great.

Exciting times in KylieWorld
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    I actually quite like that and I'm not really a Kylie fan ! I'm interested to her what her music will sound like under Def Jam
  • Options
    kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Im a huge fan, i like the new sound and the chorus is very Kylie sounding...just not sure it suits her..just yet. The song was released for her birthday today and serves as a little taster for the new album...so excited!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,073
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She released timebomb for K25 as a gift and this for her birthday. Both are pretty good. They are treats for fans.
  • Options
    JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This lady NEVER fails to impress me!
    New Kylie is always something to get excited about. :D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I really like this. It's a new sound for her.
  • Options
    glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love this. I think this is the sound she should have gone for her last album. I think she played it too safe with Aphrodite - despite it containing a few very good songs.

I often wonder what direction she would have gone in after Body Language had she not taken ill. Body Language was just perfect.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I LIKE IT!

Remins me as another poster said with the Urban vibes of Body Language (my fave of hers) it gave me slight Hard Candy vibes too with the disco popping/R&B fusion and the Dubby breakdowns are very breezy...i really like it, nice surprise and a really ace song at that...didnt like Time Bomb last year but this is right up my alley....
  • Options
    Space CadetSpace Cadet Posts: 363
    Forum Member

Eh? Her Managment are ROCNATION, she's still signed to EMI/Parlophone, so it's not a release by Def Jam.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    This lady NEVER fails to impress me!
    New Kylie is always something to get excited about. :D

Completely agree!! I've only listened to it twice so far but i like what i hear
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it! I hope this is the direction she goes for her new album.
  • Options
    Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it and I'm not a huge Kylie fan. I'm glad she's trying something a little different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    I like it and I'm not a huge Kylie fan. I'm glad she's trying something a little different.

Are we the same person?? ;):cool:

love it! :D
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, I think it's awful! I'm a long time Kylie fan but think this is one of the worst things she's recorded. Awful generic dance rubbish, so monotonous, where's the tune?! I hope she has better stuff on her next album and it's not all along the same lines as this stuff. I'm so sick of this kind of sound on so many songs around now, it's so dated already!
  • Options
    newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Kylie has a problem. For every person that wants her to try something new, there's someone else that wants her to stay in the past. She's never going to please everyone.

I, for one, am relieved she's trying something a little different and am happy the response so far has been largely positive. On Aphrodite, the sound was slightly behind the curve, but this sounds very now, which I think is a good thing.

Well done Kyles.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newplanet wrote: »
    Kylie has a problem. For every person that wants her to try something new, there's someone else that wants her to stay in the past. She's never going to please everyone.

I, for one, am relieved she's trying something a little different and am happy the response so far has been largely positive. On Aphrodite, the sound was slightly behind the curve, but this sounds very now, which I think is a good thing.

Well done Kyles.

Totally...i mean not comparing her to Madonna, Bowie or Kate Bush....but i do lvoe it when an artist doesnt stay in the "safe zone" for too long...and Kylie for X and Aphrodite i really feel she kinda had seculded herself in the Electropop format with the singles/producers etc...and yes APhrodite was slightly behind the trend in so many ways...i mean Electropop had seen its peak the year prior and the whole vibe didnt translate...mind you it sounds better in the summer. I do find it cohesive but bland whereas on X it wasnt cohesive but there were some real gems amongst it...you could divide it almost in half!

but this sounds like a push into mixing it up again :)
  • Options
    newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    Totally...i mean not comparing her to Madonna, Bowie or Kate Bush....but i do lvoe it when an artist doesnt stay in the "safe zone" for too long...and Kylie for X and Aphrodite i really feel she kinda had seculded herself in the Electropop format with the singles/producers etc...and yes APhrodite was slightly behind the trend in so many ways...i mean Electropop had seen its peak the year prior and the whole vibe didnt translate...mind you it sounds better in the summer. I do find it cohesive but bland whereas on X it wasnt cohesive but there were some real gems amongst it...you could divide it almost in half!

but this sounds like a push into mixing it up again :)

I bloody love Kylie and I love the Aphrodite album but I understand why people criticise it nowadays. With hindsight, it seems slightly lacking in substance - and that's from someone whose favourite Kylie album is Light Years! :D

I remember X getting a bit of an unfair kicking at the time but, for me, it's really stood the test of time and I do think it is one of her strongest albums in terms of the quality of the songs on it. But of course I agree it's all over the place.

Skirt still sounds very electropop, if you ask me, but I think it's Kylie with more of an edge than we've heard for ages, and I tend to think that 'EdgyKylie' is exactly what she needs to be to stay "relevant" (god I hate that term) and continue having hits nowadays. We shall see!

I can see Radio 1 playing this, to be honest. If it was Get Outta My Way Part 2, I wouldn't see them touching it with a bargepole.