When will the Sky Box Office channels be removed from the EPG?

arrasarras Posts: 407
Forum Member
Even though the SBO channels all closed yesterday, when will they actually be removed from the EPG?

Comments

• Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most likely when Sky have sold the SD EPG slots or put something else in the 700's, maybe a few Sky Store screens/channels (in HD only) will appear?
  • DiscoDisco Posts: 1,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These channels are not on the Sky Q EPG. I assume they were before 4 January but didn't have Sky Q at the time.
  • KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disco wrote: »
    These channels are not on the Sky Q EPG. I assume they were before 4 January but didn't have Sky Q at the time.

If I remember correctly, I think I read that the Box Office channels were never actually on Sky Q.
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All 'Sky Box Office' channels have now been removed.
  • HeathHayleHeathHayle Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    why has the Sky Box Office channels been removed? what has happend to Sky Box Office?
  • rob_knightrob_knight Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Are You Serious???

It Closed Down A Month Ago!

Do Try And Keep Up Ffs!!!
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,939
    Forum Member
    On Demand has effectively made the linear Box Office channels obsolete.
    Frankly I'm surprised that they carried on for as long as they did.
    It does remove the facility from legacy SD boxes, but I guess Sky decided that there were too few of them left that it would be used on to justify the expense of transmitting the channels by satellite.
    :)
  • mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    On Demand has effectively made the linear Box Office channels obsolete.
    Frankly I'm surprised that they carried on for as long as they did.
    It does remove the facility from legacy SD boxes, but I guess Sky decided that there were too few of them left that it would be used on to justify the expense of transmitting the channels by satellite.
    :)

I still can't get why Sky hasn't jettisoned the SD cruft. Give paying subscribers a free HD or Sky+HD box, everyone else doesn't make them money so they don't need to be considered. There can't be too many subscribers clinging onto a 10+ year old box now.

They were fairly aggressive about replacing Thomson HD boxes with a new DRX890...
  • NsewellNsewell Posts: 824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    I still can't get why Sky hasn't jettisoned the SD cruft. Give paying subscribers a free HD or Sky+HD box, everyone else doesn't make them money so they don't need to be considered. There can't be too many subscribers clinging onto a 10+ year old box now.

They were fairly aggressive about replacing Thomson HD boxes with a new DRX890...

For subscribers with an old SD box, Sky agents should have the option of a door stop swap out for a refurbished Sky+HD box.

Customers with older boxes who used Box Office were also contacted before Christmas offering them a free Sky+HD box due to the closure.
  • simon olivesimon olive Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rob_knight wrote: »
    Are You Serious???

It Closed Down A Month Ago!

Do Try And Keep Up Ffs!!!

how rude ffs. I didn't know this either so I bow to your superior knowledge
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    There can't be too many subscribers clinging onto a 10+ year old box now.

Well i hung on to my 10 year old Sky + box till today as it did the job for me without fail
    plus i wasn't really that interested in a slightly better HD picture or all the other interactive services that come with the SKY HD boxes.

But as the thread title i had to finally bite the bullet and upgrade as it's the only way i
    can still have access to the PPV movies on the Sky platform i only hope the box they
    sent me works half as well as the one im replacing it with.
  • rob_knightrob_knight Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    how rude ffs. I didn't know this either so I bow to your superior knowledge

Well you can't have been that interested in it then or you would have seen the promo they were running across all the old channels saying it had closed and directing people to Sky Store, and would have known what was going on.
  • simon olivesimon olive Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rob_knight wrote: »
    Well you can't have been that interested in it then or you would have seen the promo they were running across all the old channels saying it had closed and directing people to Sky Store, and would have known what was going on.

The idea of a forum is to share and find out stuff. I have sky and I haven't seen a promo so your point is what ?