The last of us coming to ps4

gothergother Posts: 14,655
Forum Member
✭✭
Apparantly http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/03/27/the-last-of-us-is-coming-to-playstation-4
If a video on Turkish website Multiplayer is any indication, The Last of Us is coming to PlayStation 4 this summer, and it will come packing single-player DLC Left Behind.

According to NeoGAF user Quirah (via user chadskin), Sercan Sulun – PlayStation’s Eurasian Software Market Manager -- says that while a sequel to The Last of Us may not be forthcoming any time soon, the “first game will be released this summer for PS4 as a physical and digital copy, with enhanced graphics.”

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never finished the PS3 version so this is good news! :)

(Hopefully a graphically enhanced GTA shouldn't be long either!) :cool:
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't re buy it. If it was 20 quid id think about it but no doubt it'll be full price and as enjoyable as it was. ..no.
  • TheVoidTheVoid Posts: 3,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither, wouldn't rebuy this.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,295
    Forum Member
    They should expand the story beyond Joel and Ellie, perhaps with different characters (Fireflies maybe?) fighting the Infected.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't rebuy it either. Already got the game and DLC on PS3
    Forum Member
    If they added more giraffes, I might consider it.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    If they added more giraffes, I might consider it.

Thats guaranteed!
  • WoodbineWoodbine Posts: 14,187
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I get a PS4 I'll probably re-buy it again.

I'm a bit of a sucker when something I like comes out improved. I'm the same with bu rays, if a film I like comes out on blu ray, I just have to buy it even though I have it on normal DVD.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Played through this about 3 times so wouldn't buy again but for those coming to PS4 from 360 and never played it on PS3, this is a must but as it's one of the best games that was released last gen
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    While the game would benefit from 60fps gameplay I hope this isn't a trend we'll see more of this coming generation. This game was a PS3 "classic" and it should stay that way IMHO, it recieved very high ratings from critics and gamers alike and most people were satisfied with the experience, no need to invalidate the PS3 game just for the sake of a "definite" PS4 edition. The time spent porting it would be better spent on a sequeI I'd of thought.

Also while this news may be true, surely it would be quite a tough game to port? I'm not too familiar with the development process on PS3 and how much of it is done on PC before the crunching starts but this game like other ND ttles was custom designed to make full use of the Cell and unique architecture of the PS3. I can't imagine it being a simple task to get it running well on PS4, let alone 1080p60 which most people assume would be the case.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely it would also make a selling point of their ps now service to play it rather than porting it.
  • the ocelotthe ocelot Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    Really don't see the point in this. The game is barely a year old, graphically it still holds up and is on a par with some current gen titles. It's way too early to be given a "restored and remastered classic" treatment.

Though with this news it's becoming more apparent Naughty Dog aren't keen on doing a sequel and have more or less finished with TLoU, especially given the game's bleak ending.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd get a PS4 if this was to come out :)
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having jumped to PS4 from my xbox 360 I would love this to be released. It's the one game I've always wished I had the chance of playing.
  • mikey86ukmikey86uk Posts: 5,657
    Forum Member
    I would like to play it again on my PS4!

Played it on my 40GB Phat PS3 and it sounded like a jet taking off in my room so could hardly hear what was going on!
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't pick it up again personally having played through it multiple times but it's a good way for non-PS3 owners to get a must-play game.
    Forum Member
    It's worth playing three times at least, in order to get all the upgrades.

It's also more enjoyable to go through the game again, with stronger weapons, and foreknowledge of enemy movements and tactics, although some parts of the game never really get any easier, such as the Ellie levels, in particular, defending both sides of that room at the end of the bridge in the mill (where the Bloater appears) and being lost in the snowstorm in David's compound (by far the most difficult part of the game IMO).
  • Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a 360 to PS4 convert I'm excited for this, not had many games to get excited about yet on PS4 personally but cant wait for this
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    As a 360 to PS4 convert I'm excited for this, not had many games to get excited about yet on PS4 personally but cant wait for this

Feel the same. I only got my PS4 last week, and almost bought a PS3 instead because I really wanted to play this game. Can't wait now!! :)
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Missed out on this when it came to PS3, so I'll probably wait for the PS4 version.

As mentioned above, there are lots of newcomers to the world of PlayStation who will jump at the chance to play the new version of this game.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When its released for the PS4 I'll pop my PS3 on and play it, the graphics still look amazing even after playing PS4 games. Might even use the PS4 controller :p
  • AdsAds Posts: 37,037
    Forum Member
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Having jumped to PS4 from my xbox 360 I would love this to be released. It's the one game I've always wished I had the chance of playing.

Likewise. Its the only PS4 game I have been excited about so far
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 971
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i knew it would be worth waiting for a ps4 version!
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When its released for the PS4 I'll pop my PS3 on and play it, the graphics still look amazing even after playing PS4 games. Might even use the PS4 controller :p

Does it work on ps3? I didn't know that.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does it work on ps3? I didn't know that.

It does but you have to plug it in, a bit old skool but the DS4 is superior in many ways.