The Reason Abbey Was In The Bottom Two

Comments

• CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eye leyek teh liverpuul akssent dough, it's well cred in't it dough, so cahm down, cahm down
  • Olls~Olls~ Posts: 3,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Girls hate girls..........full stop !

Nonsense.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    Wow, so since five of the six people I've voted for so far this series are of the female persuasion, I can look forward to growing my penis any day now. Will I have to give up the handbags and high heels?

Nope, just stay away from Mail readers :D

(Your username + penis + handbag makes me think of the Delta Queen, my favourite boat!)
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This argument is trotted out a lot. I don't believe there's some vendetta against attractive women on shows like this otherwise how would Kara or Alesha have won?

However, I do think there's a case for hot guys picking up extra votes because of their looks - something I don't think attractive female contestants benefit from. This year that's Ben.

So I don't believe Abbey "loses" votes because of her perceived attractiveness but she probably doesn't "win" free votes because of her looks either.

I think it was a combination of voter complacency and the fact there were so many ties that the gap between the top and bottom of the leaderboard shrunk.
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlighthi wrote: »
    Isn't it funny that although females like Kara and Leona Lewis can do well in these competitions, as a general rule the men do better. More women have been in the bottom 2 and have left Strictly, even though the women are generally better than the men. None of the men eg Ben and Ashley have been in danger like Abbey, Deborah and Rachel. And until this week on X Factor it has been women voted off week after week, with no boys in the bottom 3 even those who are inferior to the girls. Shocking I say.

15 male Top 3 celebs, 15 female Top 3 celebs, 6 male winners, 4 female winners.

That's one snazzy showdance away from parity.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    (Your username + penis + handbag makes me think of the Delta Queen, my favourite boat!)

Would that make me Steamboat Willy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would that make me Steamboat Willy?

Snazzy Steamboat Willy!
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The funny thing is that the 2 guys considered to have unfairly won are not exactly heartthrobs. Don't think either Darren Gough or Chris Hollins won because women couldn't control their levels of lust. :rolleyes:

It also seems that the board this year seems to have a lot of infighting between fans of the beautiful women with fans of a Ben being pretty restrained. :confused:
  • smudesmude Posts: 17,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The stupid points allocation doesn't help. Never heard of a competition where the points are split as in SCD.
    Top should have been 11
    Next three tied places 10
    Fifth place should have been 7
    Going down to last who should always have 1
    If judges are manipulating the scores as is always suggested make sure there are no tied places.

Not of fan of Abbey as the accent does it for me and she is a bit needy but no way should she have been bottom two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Snazzy Steamboat Willy!

:D:D:D
  • MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, no offence but you trot out this argument a lot, and not just on Strictly. You seem to have a real problem with attractive women, or women you think are attractive not doing as well you'd like on reality shows.

Tamera is arrogant, has had bad press from the start and is overrated. That is why she was in the bottom two. It didn't surprise me at all to see her there. Abbey fell foul of poor judging decisions and people thinking she was safe. Nothing more sinister than that.

Plenty of attractive women have done very well on these shows, and as others have stated, neither Natalie, Susanna or Sophie are mingers by any stretch of the imagination. There is no agenda, the public connect with some people more than others.

It is just my opinion and I am afraid I will stick by it both Girls are imo the most attractive in their relative shows both are almost the favourite to win and yet are bottom two. My wife actually unprompted said to me tonight that she was not surprised by both shows as some Girls just don like other girls especially when they are stunning. I appreciate other people don't agree which I fully accept.
  • Bouzouki BoyBouzouki Boy Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, so since five of the six people I've voted for so far this series are of the female persuasion, I can look forward to growing my penis any day now. Will I have to give up the handbags and high heels?

No.

I'm a man, married to a woman and I like flowers.

Do what you like and 50d the rest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    There are many reasons why people wouldn't vote for Abbey:
    She isn't as well known as some others,
    She's paired with a new dancer who doesn't have his own strong fan base built yet (compared to Anton for example)
    She isn't on people's screens daily or even weekly outside of the show.
    She is married to a footballer and some people do hold prejudice towards those women grouped as 'WAGs' (a term I hate btw)
    Some may find her personality grating
    She's neither the comedy act nor the top of the class . . .

My point is OP you can't state viewers would discriminate against her because she is attractive, people may have thought their vote would be of more use given to someone else, they may have thought she was safe. Rachel is also quite attractive (so my boyfriend and his uni friends used to tell me when I caught them watching countdown) was she in the bottom two for the same reason?
  • MonksealMonkseal Posts: 12,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Outside of Jo Wood, models have never done well in the public vote on this show, regardless of whether they're a WAG or not. I'm not convinced male models would be any different, if any were famous enough in this country.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassy990 wrote: »
    There are many reasons why people wouldn't vote for Abbey:
    She isn't as well known as some others,
    She's paired with a new dancer who doesn't have his own strong fan base built yet (compared to Anton for example)
    She isn't on people's screens daily or even weekly outside of the show.
    She is married to a footballer and some people do hold prejudice towards those women grouped as 'WAGs' (a term I hate btw)
    Some may find her personality grating
    She's neither the comedy act nor the top of the class . . .

My point is OP you can't state viewers would discriminate against her because she is attractive, people may have thought their vote would be of more use given to someone else, they may have thought she was safe. Rachel is also quite attractive (so my boyfriend and his uni friends used to tell me when I caught them watching countdown) was she in the bottom two for the same reason?

Two huge shows both using public votes both girls one the fav to win the other almost fav to win both excellent performers both imo the most attractive on their shows both in the bottom two, sorry but it is too much of a coincidence imo.
  • JethrykJethryk Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smude wrote: »
    The stupid points allocation doesn't help. Never heard of a competition where the points are split as in SCD.
    Top should have been 11
    Next three tied places 10
    Fifth place should have been 7
    Going down to last who should always have 1
    If judges are manipulating the scores as is always suggested make sure there are no tied places.

Not of fan of Abbey as the accent does it for me and she is a bit needy but no way should she have been bottom two.

You can blame the Tom Chambers debacle and the insistence if having a dance off in a 3 person semi-final for this. They came up with a points system that causes even more problems. Just so they could get the 2 attractive girls into the final....oh!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monkseal wrote: »
    Outside of Jo Wood, models have never done well in the public vote on this show, regardless of whether they're a WAG or not. I'm not convinced male models would be any different, if any were famous enough in this country.

Jodie Kidd got to Week 10.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Two huge shows both using public votes both girls one the fav to win the other almost fav to win both excellent performers both imo the most attractive on their shows both in the bottom two, sorry but it is two much of a coincidence imo.

Well in the case of the other girl negative publicity and a sour look on her face throughout may be partly to blame. Shows a real lack of imagination to presume votes are all looks based ;)
  • karina_karina_ Posts: 965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is just my opinion and I am afraid I will stick by it both Girls are imo the most attractive in their relative shows both are almost the favourite to win and yet are bottom two. My wife actually unprompted said to me tonight that she was not surprised by both shows as some Girls just don like other girls especially when they are stunning. I appreciate other people don't agree which I fully accept.

BIB - Rubbish, none of my friends or family think like that.

The x factor girl has a criminal record. Abbey is more likely to be a victim of people thinking she was safe.

In any case Natalie is the favourite to win and the fact she is paired with Artem, barring injury, can't see anyone stopping her.
  • tawnytawny Posts: 1,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    isledance wrote: »
    Who are you Blind Pugh....?

That is my opinion & I'm entitled to it as are you::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassy990 wrote: »
    Well in the case of the other girl negative publicity and a sour look on her face throughout may be partly to blame. Shows a real lack of imagination to presume votes are all looks based ;)

I never said all are looks based I am just posting my opinion others can post their reason why both talented girls were in the bottom two.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jodie Kidd got to Week 10.

And
    Lisa Snowdon got all the way to bacofoil.
    Kelly Brook was doing marvellously until she had to pull out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And
    Lisa Snowdon got all the way to bacofoil.
    Kelly Brook was doing marvellously until she had to pull out.

You had to mention bacofoil, didn't you?! Don't you realise how hard I've worked to repress that memory? :mad: :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    karina_ wrote: »
    BIB - Rubbish, none of my friends or family think like that.

The x factor girl has a criminal record. Abbey is more likely to be a victim of people thinking she was safe.

In any case Natalie is the favourite to win and the fact she is paired with Artem, barring injury, can't see anyone stopping her.

I am a Natalie supporter and vote for her every week but imo she will not win. Please don't call my post rubbish it shows a lack of respect.
  • Alli-FAlli-F Posts: 32,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never said all are looks based I am just posting my opinion others can post their reason why both talented girls were in the bottom two.

Rachel? Talented? That's a stretch. :eek: She was ripped limb from limb on this board last week and she's a dance off veteran.

And has been mentioned ad nauseum people didn't vote for Abbey because they assumed she was safe.