Options

What is the creepiest thing to have ever happened to you? (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bump.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Was looking forward to a catch-up of this thread during my lunchbreak but it's gone very quiet. Bump!
  • Options
    LaineyTLaineyT Posts: 6,392
    Forum Member
    I remember you posting this a while back-and I got mixed up about whether you meant he wore corduroy trousers or underpants!:D:D

He definatley had BROWN CORD TROUSERS on :D if he had brown cord pants on Id have run a mile lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I've been visiting this forum for a while now and have been enjoying reading threads such as this so recently decided to join. While not supernatural creepy, this is definitely one of the scariest things that's happened to me.

It was a Sunday afternoon, I'd been out on the Saturday and was feeling slightly 'delicate' and had dozed off on the sofa in the living room. I woke up about 4pm and could hear that there was somebody else in the house, at that time there shouldn't of been anyone in but myself. Although isn't uncommon for family and friends to let themselves in, I didn't recognise the voice I could hear so cautiously got up to investigate. As I left the living room I could see straight away that this person was in the bathroom, they'd left the door slightly open and I could hear them speaking to someone else. At this point I'd clocked that it was an intruder and in a bit of a panic started running round all he other rooms in the house to check that nothing obvious had been lifted or was out of place. Everything appeared to be fine so I approached the bathroom again and knocked on the door and shouted "who's that?!". At that point it became obvious that the other person he was talking to was on the phone, he hung up and came to the door. I didn't recognise the guy at all, he was probably late 20's, quite thuggish looking and quite clearly under the influence of something. Trying to stay calm I asked him why he'd walked in and told him to leave. Slurring his words, he said that the door was open and then informed me that he'd helped himself to a bottle of beer out of the fridge, which he then showed me. He apologised a few times and desperate to get him out of the place, I started acting almost friendly with him saying that it was ok and led him down the stairs towards the front door. Things were going quite well and he was cooperating until we got to the landing leading down to the front door. He stopped suddenly and looked me in the eye before reaching into the pouch on his hoodie and producing the handle of what seemed to be a fairly sizeable knife (he didn't pull it out far enough to see a blade). He looked down as if to direct my attention to it then looked at me again with a much more sinister grin. All kinds of thoughts were going through my head at this point, but my reaction was to just firmly say, "leave". Thankfully with that, he walked down the remaining steps and out of the door, with me locking it swiftly afterwards. I checked every room a bit more thoroughly afterwards and everything did seem to be fine. On returning to the living room, our cat (who wasn't to be seen throughout) emerged from it's hiding place behind the TV cabinet. The cat had previously been sleeping on a chair opposite me before I fell asleep and only ever hides when it's really scared, which makes me believe that at some point this guy was in the room with me while I was sleeping!

The police were called after I was happy that nothing had been stolen, more for the suspected knife than anything, but nobody was ever caught. Needless to say, the front door stays locked most of the time now!

I enjoy reading all the supernatural/mysterious posts on here, just thought this was worth sharing!
  • Options
    Pea1Pea1 Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    I honestly think I would rather see a ghost than have to confront someone in my house who shouldn't be there. I arrived home from visiting my Mum in the evening a couple of years ago, it was dark when I arrived and as I pushed open the front door I could hear voices upstairs. I thought at first it was my husband then realised his car wasn't outside, I could hear at least 2 men's voices upstairs. I ran out to my next door neighbour who called the police, I'd dropped my handbag in the hall when I ran out and possibly foolishly ran back in to get it, thinking they're not having the contents of my bag as well. They must have heard me and ran down the stairs out of the back door. When I went upstairs it looked as if it had been hit by a bomb.

Thinking about it later, I have 2 cats and they were nowhere to be seen when I first walked in, whereas usually they are at the door waiting for me when I turn the key. The first thing I do now when I arrive home is check the cats are by the door when I open it, thankfully since the incident they have been, but if they ever are not I will know something is very wrong!
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muz_ wrote: »
    I've been visiting this forum for a while now and have been enjoying reading threads such as this so recently decided to join. While not supernatural creepy, this is definitely one of the scariest things that's happened to me.

It was a Sunday afternoon, I'd been out on the Saturday and was feeling slightly 'delicate' and had dozed off on the sofa in the living room. I woke up about 4pm and could hear that there was somebody else in the house, at that time there shouldn't of been anyone in but myself.
    [snipped for space]

The police were called after I was happy that nothing had been stolen, more for the suspected knife than anything, but nobody was ever caught. Needless to say, the front door stays locked most of the time now!

I enjoy reading all the supernatural/mysterious posts on here, just thought this was worth sharing!

It was. Thank you.

Frankly, I can't decide if you were brave or foolish for confronting him when you could have left the house and called the police. I'm very glad you weren't harmed, though. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Takae wrote: »
    It was. Thank you.

Frankly, I can't decide if you were brave or foolish for confronting him when you could have left the house and called the police. I'm very glad you weren't harmed, though. :D
    Thanks.

I did wonder if that was the right thing to do afterwards, it did cross my mind at the time that I should leave and call the police. I just felt that I'd rather have him out ASAP rather than leave him alone inside while I waited on the police to arrive.
  • Options
    open-armsopen-arms Posts: 474
    Forum Member

Having some stranger just walk into the house would terrify me :o, that is why I keep my door firmly locked no matter whether I am in or out.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst I love reading all stories this thread has to offer I particularly enjoy the more realistic stories than those involving ghosts etc. mainly because the situation of having an intruder in your home is much more terrifying and realistic than anything paranormal. But hey, that's just me. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Thankfully nothing that creepy has ever happened to me. However, two close friends of mine who are reliable sources have shared stories in a similar vein to the most recent posts here.

So the first story comes from a friend who grew up in rural Kentucky and it actually happened to his sister. She had recently married, moved in with her husband and had a baby boy. While the baby was still young, the husband and wife moved him from his nursery to the crib in their room as he had been crying during the middle of the night. Shortly after they managed to lull him to sleep, not fully in a deep sleep himself after tending to the baby in the dead of the night, a sound at the door of their bedroom woke the husband up. The door had been left ajar from getting up to move the baby in with them and through the darkness of the hall he could make out the silhouette of a hand slowly pulling the door shut from the outside, in an effort to make as little noise as possible. The husband immediately woke his wife up and together they shoved their wardrobe in front of the door to prevent the intruder from getting in and called the police. When the police arrived they found two faint pairs of footsteps all over the house with nearly every room ransacked - including into the baby's nursery, which to this day, the parents are still thankful for the baby waking them up during the night otherwise the intruders might have done something to silence him.

Another story, which is more creepy to me as it happened to a good friend just a couple of houses down the road from where I live. The gardens of the houses on her street all backed onto a local primary school, which used to be a common area for youths to hang about, playing football in the playing field so they were relatively used to the odd disturbance. However, late one night, my friend was up watching TV in her bedroom which was at the back of the house and she heard a rustling in the back garden. Thinking it was too late to be any of the kids out playing, she got up, opened her blinds and looked out the window into the pitch black darkness to see a hooded figure standing motionless staring into the house from the middle of the garden. Terrified she ran into her parents room who immediately woke up, with her dad grabbing the nearest thing he could to protect himself and running out the back to chase whoever it was away, but by the time he got there the hooded figure was nowhere to be seen.

I know they both sound quite cliché horror film style scenarios but I promise you they are both true - every time I think about them I get goosebumps!
  • Options
    pollipolli Posts: 2,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolls wrote: »
    My favourite on this thread is the Martha's Minister experience of the old Catholic church by Polli.
    Update on that dolls.
    The caretaker hasn't been seen in months and we suspect he is now finally at rest .
    I am no longer a Martha's Minister due to returning to work commitments , but I keep in touch with the other ladies still through dance classes etc ,and I occasionally help out for special occasion preparations . We lost two of the elderly brothers in early summer and both men came from the same part of Ireland as the caretaker. They had joined the order together ,the 3 of them .The two we lost had been young fellas on joining , while the caretaker was past middle age when he joined with them and they spent most of their time together, apart from some missionary work each were sent on over the years. Anyway we suspect once his friends had passed over and joined him the caretaker no longer felt the attachment he had to our church and he's not been seen since their passing . Kind of sad, but also nice that he is resting at last .
    By the way the crypt under the church is open this month (the month of the dead) , but only on certain days and for a very limited time . Again work commitments mean so far I've not been able to squeeze in a visit , but maybe (fingers crossed) before the end of the month I'll get down there . Planning to take my camera along even though my OH reckons it is a boring place . We'll see .
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If we're talking about non-supernatural creepy events mine would have to be when I was about 13 and waiting alone at a bus stop. A guy pulled up his car by the stop and asked me for a light and then when I said I didn't smoke he grabbed me and tried to drag me into the car. Someone came around the corner and I shouted for help, so the guy dropped me and just dumped me by the road and drove off. This was early afternoon and it was sunny, not like I was out after dark, but I guess because I was on my own he thought he'd get away with it

When my cousin lived at home her bedroom was on the ground floor and she once woke up in the night to find a man trying to break into her room with a glass cutter to remove the window. She screamed and the man just ran away, the police found the glass cutter which he apparently dropped at the scene but he was never caught
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    polli wrote: »
    Update on that dolls.
    The caretaker hasn't been seen in months and we suspect he is now finally at rest .
    I am no longer a Martha's Minister due to returning to work commitments , but I keep in touch with the other ladies still through dance classes etc ,and I occasionally help out for special occasion preparations . We lost two of the elderly brothers in early summer and both men came from the same part of Ireland as the caretaker. They had joined the order together ,the 3 of them .The two we lost had been young fellas on joining , while the caretaker was past middle age when he joined with them and they spent most of their time together, apart from some missionary work each were sent on over the years. Anyway we suspect once his friends had passed over and joined him the caretaker no longer felt the attachment he had to our church and he's not been seen since their passing . Kind of sad, but also nice that he is resting at last .
    By the way the crypt under the church is open this month (the month of the dead) , but only on certain days and for a very limited time . Again work commitments mean so far I've not been able to squeeze in a visit , but maybe (fingers crossed) before the end of the month I'll get down there . Planning to take my camera along even though my OH reckons it is a boring place . We'll see .

Oh Polli thank you very much for the update! I would guess then that the monk caretaker used to visit to see the other brothers, who would have been a big part of his life while they all served together. Now he doesn't need to as they will all have met up together again in the afterlife - I would hope - that is a sweet comforting story.

Good luck with going down the catacombs and taking those photos - it sounds like it would be quite an experience. Who knows you may get something interesting on the photos even! (I'm not sure if ghosts can be photographed - but anyway).

The human intruder stories were really scary! I always lock all of my doors!
  • Options
    Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the place I have in London we are quite used to the taps turning on and doors opening by themselves but an incident earlier this year was unsettling, we had been at an industry function and returned just past midnight, I went to make a cuppa and the OH went into the bathroom to change for bed. Anyways cuppas in hand we settled down to watch TV when we heard a faint noise from the kitchen, I dismissed it as nothing until there was a rather loud pop in the hall.

Jumping up I ran to the door but before I opened it a face appeared as if it was coming through the door, no eyes but just a mouth an a rather mouldy brown green hood is what I remember, according to the OH who witnessed it as well there was a horrid rotting flesh smell by her side. I was startled and screaming like a girl but it just disappeared. We never slept that night, it could have been imagination on our part but for weeks afterwards guests felt uncomfortable and the smell of rotting flesh was ever present and no amount of Febreeze shifted it.

Neighbours have had the same issues with smells ect, and another creepy incident was the sighting of a coach without horses on a lonely country road near an area known for spooky activity.
  • Options
    matty168matty168 Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Still reading part 1 of this thread, love reading eveything :)

I remember when i was about 9 or 10, I went on a school trip to somewhere called Castleton i think?? Anyway, the place where we were staying just felt creepy and old, I remember i was looking out the window and saw a kid walk behind a car and didn't come out the other side, was probably just kneeling down for some reason, but it was so weird. Then i remember i was in the room by myself and the room we were in had a fireplace and i heard something fall in the fireplace. I walked over and a really old looking spanner had fallen from the chimney to the fireplace, really creeped me out, thankfully that was on our last day :)
  • Options
    eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In a non-supernatural context, when I was about seven/eight years of age, I was coming home from school with my 'boyfriend' when we were approached by a couple (similar in age and image etc. to Brady and Hindley). They offered us thruppence if we kissed each other. The man held out his hand to show us the money on offer. My 'boyfriend' promptly snatched it and we both ran away at break-neck speed We spent the thruppence on sweets.

At the time, I felt pretty pleased with the exchange; but later in life realised how potentially dangerous the situation could actually have been. I'm fairly confident (and grateful) that the couple weren't B&H, as according to newspaper reports they had already been arrested by then.
  • Options
    goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A strange thing but if you've read this thread you know my house has been very haunted in the past - well now all seems to have ceased. I miss it really - it was interesting and in the end, looking back, only mildly scary: the interest outweighed the scariness - maybe ghosts just get bored and move on...... :confused::(

Come back ghostie!
  • Options
    Phoenix LazarusPhoenix Lazarus Posts: 17,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump.
  • Options
    cinnamon girlcinnamon girl Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eva_prior wrote: »
    In a non-supernatural context, when I was about seven/eight years of age, I was coming home from school with my 'boyfriend' when we were approached by a couple (similar in age and image etc. to Brady and Hindley). They offered us thruppence if we kissed each other. The man held out his hand to show us the money on offer. My 'boyfriend' promptly snatched it and we both ran away at break-neck speed We spent the thruppence on sweets.

At the time, I felt pretty pleased with the exchange; but later in life realised how potentially dangerous the situation could actually have been. I'm fairly confident (and grateful) that the couple weren't B&H, as according to newspaper reports they had already been arrested by then.

That is really chilling!
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Right not really creepy as such but I was walking home from my grandma's house earlier and had a feeling I was going to find a kitten. I was actually pondering what you even give to a teeny kitten, I'm sure my dad gave our old cat baby formula in a syringe as she wasn't being fed by the mother.

Anyway, thought nothing of it till I was getting ready to come up to bed - checking the door was locked and heard a meowing. Open the door to a tiny jet black kitten!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a Sunday afternoon, I'd been out on the Saturday and was feeling slightly 'delicate' and had dozed off on the sofa in the living room. I woke up about 4pm and could hear that there was somebody else in the house, at that time there shouldn't of been anyone in but myself. Although isn't uncommon for family and friends to let themselves in, I didn't recognise the voice I could hear so cautiously got up to investigate. As I left the living room I could see straight away that this person was in the bathroom, they'd left the door slightly open and I could hear them speaking to someone else. At this point I'd clocked that it was an intruder and in a bit of a panic started running round all he other rooms in the house to check that nothing obvious had been lifted or was out of place. Everything appeared to be fine so I approached tI he bathroom again and knocked on the door and shouted "who's that?!". At that point it became obvious that the other person he was talking to was on the phone, he hung up and came to the door. I didn't recognise the guy at all, he was probably late 20's, quite thuggish looking and quite clearly under the influence of something. Trying to stay calm I asked him why he'd walked in and told him to leave. Slurring his words, he said that the door was open and then informed me that he'd helped himself to a bottle of beer out of the fridge, which he then showed me. He apologised a few times and desperate to get him out of the place, I started acting almost friendly with him saying that it was ok and led him down the stairs towards the front door. Things were going quite well and he was cooperating until we got to the landing leading down to the front door. He stopped suddenly and looked me in the eye before reaching into the pouch on his hoodie and producing the handle of what seemed to be a fairly sizeable knife (he didn't pull it out far enough to see a blade). He looked down as if to direct my attention to it then looked at me again with a much more sinister grin. All kinds of thoughts were going through my head at this point, but my reaction was to just firmly say, "leave". Thankfully with that, he walked down the remaining steps and out of the door, with me locking it swiftly afterwards. I checked every room a bit more thoroughly afterwards and everything did seem to be fine. On returning to the living room, our cat (who wasn't to be seen throughout) emerged from it's hiding place behind the TV cabinet. The cat had previously been sleeping on a chair opposite me before I fell asleep and only ever hides when it's really scared, which makes me believe that at some point this guy was in the room with me while I was sleeping!

**** that Muz
    Disturbed of Dagenham
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spimf wrote: »
    Right not really creepy as such but I was walking home from my grandma's house earlier and had a feeling I was going to find a kitten. I was actually pondering what you even give to a teeny kitten, I'm sure my dad gave our old cat baby formula in a syringe as she wasn't being fed by the mother.

Anyway, thought nothing of it till I was getting ready to come up to bed - checking the door was locked and heard a meowing. Open the door to a tiny jet black kitten!

Aww bless. What you going to call it?
  • Options
    eva_prioreva_prior Posts: 2,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spimf wrote: »

This is the sweetest post I have ever read on DS.

What will you call your 'bundle of joy' ?

Before I had my kids, I used to fantasise about finding a baby on my doorstep!
  • Options
    spimfspimf Posts: 6,342
    Forum Member
    Sorry to disappoint but unfortunately I can't keep the wee fella, he belongs with a lady further along the road. Was a very cute coincidence though, and I very much enjoyed giving him a good cuddle.

When I was about 12 a stray kitten moved in under our rabbit hutches, he was there a good few days we asked around and no one claimed him so we convinced our dad to let us bring him in, we named him Orlando (circa pirates of the Caribbean) quickly altered to "stripey" - he was fantastic and lived with us happily for 9 years. Lost kittens must just be drawn to me :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a Sunday afternoon, I'd been out on the SaturdaHu y and was feeling slightly 'delicate' and had dozed off on the sofa in the living room. I woke up about 4pm and could hear that there was somebody else in the house, at that time there shouldn't of been anyone in but myself. Although isn't uncommon for family and friends to let themselves in, I didn't recognise the voice I could hear so cautiously got up to investigate. As I left the living room I could see straight away that this person was in the bathroom, they'd left the door slightly open and I could hear them speaking to someone else. At this point I'd clocked that it was an intruder and in a bit of a panic started running round all he other rooms in the house to check that nothing obvious had been lifted or was out of place. Everything appeared to be fine so I approached the bathroom again and knocked on the door and shouted "who's that?!". At that point it became obvious that the other person he was talking to was on the phone, he hung up and came to the door. I didn't recognise the guy at all, he was probably late 20's, quite thuggish looking and quite clearly under the influence of something. Trying to stay calm I asked him why he'd walked in and told him to leave. Slurring his words, he said that the door was open and then informed me that he'd helped himself to a bottle of beer out of the fridge, which he then showed me. He apologised a few times and desperate to get him out of the place, I started acting almost friendly with him saying that it was ok and led him down the stairs towards the front door. Things were going quite well and he was cooperating until we got to the landing leading down to the front door. He stopped suddenly and looked me in the eye before reaching into the pouch on his hoodie and producing the handle of what seemed to be a fairly sizeable knife (he didn't pull it out far enough to see a blade). He looked down as if to direct my attention to it then looked at me again with a much more sinister grin. All kinds of thoughts were going through my head at this point, but my reaction was to just firmly say, "leave". Thankfully with that, he walked down the remaining steps and out of the door, with me locking it swiftly afterwards. I checked every room a bit more thoroughly afterwards and everything did seem to be fine. On returning to the living room, our cat (who wasn't to be seen throughout) emerged from it's hiding place behind the TV cabinet. The cat had previously been sleeping on a chair opposite me before I fell asleep and only ever hides when it's really scared, which makes me believe that at some point this guy was in the room with me while I was sleeping!

Sod that Muz...:/
    Certainly worth sharing. Thank you.