Levi Roots is probably at home now ordering a chinese...

Comments

• HeyyouoverthereHeyyouoverthere Posts: 5,117
    Forum Member
    So would I if the alternative was one of his ready meals.

Hmm not suprised at that remark!
  • SlimSimSlimSim Posts: 3,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm not suprised at that remark!

Ditto.
  • Glyn WGlyn W Posts: 5,819
    Forum Member
    bambii wrote: »
    They had no idea who he was really did they? (the twins)

So what? I haven't got a clue who he is either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jaydash wrote: »
    Slightly off-topic, but seeing as we're talking about Levi....

I was thinking he's got a really great voice for reggae. I know that he's made millions from the sauce now, but surely he could have been a recording artist, something I assume he originally wanted to do?

Levi is already a well known Reggae artist. This extract is from his Wiki page:

"Roots has performed with James Brown and Maxi Priest and was nominated for a Best Reggae Act MOBO award in 1998. He was a friend of Bob Marley when he resided in the UK and performed "Happy Birthday Mr. President" for Nelson Mandela in 1992 on his trip to Brixton. He gained widespread fame after appearing on the UK television programme Dragons' Den, where he gained £50,000 funding for his Reggae Reggae Sauce."
  • Andy_GAndy_G Posts: 11,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glyn W wrote: »
    So what? I haven't got a clue who he is either.
    He's probably best known for his creation 'Reggae Reggae Sauce'... available at a supermarket near you.
    He's made a fortune from the stuff.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Levi is already a well known Reggae artist. This extract is from his Wiki page:

"Roots has performed with James Brown and Maxi Priest and was nominated for a Best Reggae Act MOBO award in 1998. He was a friend of Bob Marley when he resided in the UK and performed "Happy Birthday Mr. President" for Nelson Mandela in 1992 on his trip to Brixton. He gained widespread fame after appearing on the UK television programme Dragons' Den, where he gained £50,000 funding for his Reggae Reggae Sauce."
    I watched him on Dragons Den, bet him and his sponsor have made a few bob since then.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In the Daily Mail's fake pr story about Gina, she said her bf's family sold a brand of sauce that was available in Harrods, so she knew he had money.

I did wonder if the bf is related to Levi Roots, and that he and Gina are aready acquainted.

Maybe. Would have been funny if he'd said, "your boyfriend needs to get out of the music business."
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Levi should not wear all that jewellery on his hands when he is preparing food. It's unhygienic and could even be dangerous.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The HMs did know who he was, before they were let out into the garden from the window, they were shouting and screaming "its Levi Roots".

8:11pm: The HMs are still talking about Levi like he's some manner of mythical authority figure. Like Gandalf or Obi Wan Kenobi.
  • An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member
    muggins14 wrote: »
    I think they may lose weight - it seems easier for Joe as he's already a couple of stone lighter than Jack. I predict at least one of them will lose their virginity within 2 weeks of leaving the BB house, not that we will know :D (thank the lord lol)

With a bee or a wasp? Which do you reckon?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like his name. There is something very rhythmic and magical about the name Levi Roots...especially when said in a Jamaican accent. :)
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Food on his mind as usual.
  • D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like his name. There is something very rhythmic and magical about the name Levi Roots...especially when said in a Jamaican accent. :)

His actual name is Keith :D

:(
  • What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking he's got a really great voice for reggae. I know that he's made millions from the sauce now, but surely he could have been a recording artist, something I assume he originally wanted to do?

He was in the past. Wiki is your friend.
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he probably was tho , I mean he must get sick of all that Carribean food ,
  • reader123reader123 Posts: 4,105
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love the title,lol.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 268
    Forum Member

cos they said he's at home now having a Chinese? he might very well have been. what is this. i dont even...
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Levi seemed to be a very calming influence to the house with his song and cuisine.:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he probably was tho , I mean he must get sick of all that Carribean food ,

I am Caribbean, I have eaten it all my life....Love mi Caribbean food for LIFE!:D

I know Levi Roots, loves and enjoys, and is very passionate about Caribbean food.:D
  • dechechodechecho Posts: 1,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SlimSim wrote: »
    I am Caribbean, I have eaten it all my life....Love mi Caribbean food for LIFE!:D

I know Levi Roots, loves and enjoys, and is very passionate about Caribbean food.:D

But don't you like a Chinese every now and then for a change?
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SlimSim wrote: »

yeah but it's his job , I mean if you work in a curry restaurant you probaby wanna go home and have some fish and chips .
  • pegasus2pegasus2 Posts: 5,293
    Forum Member
    I did a double take when he said that. He'd just had a Caribbean meal, and by the look of the kitchen there seemed to be plenty of leftovers, and the glutton wanted a Chinese meal as well? They really need the help of a good dietician when they get out or diabetes/heart problems could well come calling. Here's a thought for them, if they were still hungry then why not eat some of the fruit left over, actually having said that didn't Sophie mention they had clotted cream and she was going to mix some sugar with it to sweeten it?:eek:
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sam's reaction to Jack (or was it his brother?) said it all.

After stuffing himself at the BBQ, he could still ram a Chinese takeaway down his gob! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Off to YouTube with you, now.
    There's tons of great Levi Roots stuff. He was ace.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dechecho wrote: »
    But don't you like a Chinese every now and then for a change?

No, its full of red chemicals. Its bad for you, a lot of them don't even cook real chicken.