XF: UK vs US vs OZ Series 2 | Live Show 1

jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Welcome ladies and gentlemen to a brand new series of The X Factor: VS Series! This series is UK vs US vs OZ 2011, featuring acts from the British, American and Australian versions of the show broadcast back in 2011. Please welcome our fifteen brave acts battling it out for the public vote tonight:

Kuda_Kunaka and the Boys
Reece Mastin
Craig Colton
Marcus Canty

Soppyfan and the Girls
Christina Parie
Janet Devlin
Drew

Noonan15 and the Over 25s
Mitchell Callaway
Sami Brookes
Stacy Francis

Pingu58011 and the Groups
Audio Vixen
The Risk
Lakoda Rayne

Yohinnchild and the Wildcards
Declan Skyes
Kitty Brucknell
Rachel Crow

In order to speed up tonight’s proceedings, I will post three performances at once and the judges will give their comments for all three and I may be quite intermittent due to a family function. Unfortunately Kuda will not be with us tonight, but I will be posting his comments and he has already voted in the rankings tonight so the Boys aren’t at a disadvantage.

Tonight’s theme is “Inspiration”. Any songs which have an inspirational meaning or inspire through their lyrics. So judges, is everybody ready for the first Live Show of UK vs US vs OZ Series 2?!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I`m ready and so are the groups!! :D
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am here and my three girls, Janet, Drew and Christina are dressed up and ready to perform. :D
  • noonan15noonan15 Posts: 1,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am as game as a badger! And so are my Overs!
    Forum Member
    Are we sticking to the order we comment? :)
  • jackamakkajackamakka Posts: 4,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Up now will be the first three acts for tonight’s show.

A girl who stole the shows with her diva like ways and ended up going for a drink with Lady Gaga. No wonder David’s nicknamed his Wildcards “Team Quirky”. First up with her Inspiration performance, it’s Kitty Brucknell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5NK49QBZQ

---

The second act taking to the stage tonight is the winner of the third season of the Australian X Factor. Mentored by Guy Sebastian and hoping to win again under the watchful eyes of Kuda, it’s Reece Mastin!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4xK0MlyMik

---

Concluding our first set of performances is a lady with a big voice and an even bigger heart. She’s never going to give up! Nicole Scherzinger only took her so far in the US X Factor, but can our newest mentor Tom take her even further? It’s Stacy Francis!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0et-zyoKLw

Judges, please post your comments for Kitty, Reece and Stacy. Next three will be up shortly!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitty! Kitty Kitty Kitty! An unusual one for you tonight, not what I was expecting at all but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was fun, quirky, you are a natural born performer. I hope you keep on going up because you deserve it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Reece, this is a hard one, because I don’t know whether I loved it, or hated it. I am on the fence, would have loved to see you perform a nice rock song tonight, but you know, first live show and all! Erm.. good job tonight, still on the fence haha!
    Forum Member
    Kitty Brucknell

Kitty what a way to open the series. It is probably something I wouldn`t expect from you but it suited you really well. It was fun and as always your vocals were amazing and your mentor really knows what their doing with you. You could be an underdog through the competition I think!!

Reece Mastin

Reece that was just beautiful. Your voice is just enhancing and when you sing all you can focus on is the voice. That song was just perfect for you and the vocals were effortless. You`ve made a lot of ladies out there want to be by your side!!!

Stacy Francis

Stacy I`m sorry but that was quite a predictable song for you. It was nice but I wanted to see fantastic and in some parts of the song I just felt you were shouting. I really think you could be a contender but after that performance the public may not vote for you as they`ll just see you as a singer that just screams and warbles when I know you are not. Good luck later tonight!!
  • yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,502
    Forum Member
    I'm here... presumably i'm commenting last as per Jack's PM over running orders etc :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kitty Brucknell

Kitty, welcome to the show and well done for opening tonight. Personally, I wasn't a fan of this song choice, even though it had some element of your style which we see sometimes. But at the same time, it was well sung and for some reason, I can see you going very far as you have a lot of support. Good luck with this competition.

Reece Mastin

Reece, that was a good song choice form you and your mentor who isn't here tonight. I normally don't like songs from Selena Gomez herself, but this cover was really well sung and I actually enjoyed that version a lot. Well done to you, Reece.

Stacey Francis

Stacey, I am a big fan of ballad songs and with you, your voice is able to slay that style for all time. I commend your mentor for keeping you current whilst giving you a chance to shine. It was predictable, but I liked that simple performance from you.
    Forum Member
    Kitty Brucknell
    What a way to kick off the first live show of the second series! Uniquely brilliant about sums it up for me. I picked you for the lives as there is so much potential with you as a performer and you have such an amazing job. The song choice enabled you to get across your creative side and to have some fun up there. The theme is inspiration and the last thing we want to sit through on the first live show is slow ballad after slow ballad. This was different and you totally rocked it! The vocals were outstanding and I hope that people get you and what you're all about. You are a different artist and you bring a lot of fun to this competition so I hope people vote for you tonight as there is so much more to come from you!

Reece Mastin
    Wasn't expecting that from you tonight, I have you down as much more of an artist with a rockier edge. Saying that though it is good to show different sides to you and that you are able to sing different types of songs. I think you're a very interesting act and one that should have something to sing that a little grittier and rockier as most of the performance came across as a bit Bieber for me and that's not really how I see you. The vocal was ok from you but I think the song lacked an impact tonight and I'm afraid you might get a little bit lost in the mix tonight... I hope not though as I'm excited by what you can bring to the competition and future shows.

Stacy Francis
    Stacey that was a good first performance from you and a song that managed to show off the tone of your voice. Whilst I know this is only the first week, I feel do think the song choice sounded a little dated and in some ways quite old fashioned. This is only the first week so there is always room for you to grow as the competition progresses however I guess it's something to watch out for in future shows. The song grew as it went along, I found it a little dull to start off with, but you got into it more towards the end. An OK first performance from you; well done.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Standing ovation*

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BRING THE HOUSE DOWN FOR MISS STACEY FREEKIN FRANCIS!!!! That note, at the end there, was sensational, I am so happy to be your mentor; you are like a little thing with a huge voice! I’m so proud of you tonight! Do not listen to mr nark over there (Pingu) he is just jealous he doesn't have you in his category!
    Forum Member
    Standing Ovations already :D

You'll be doing crowd invasion come the final ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LOL, crowd surfing come semi-finals
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Which is my party trick. :p
    Forum Member
    noonan15 wrote: »
    *Standing ovation*

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN BRING THE HOUSE DOWN FOR MISS STACEY FREEKIN FRANCIS!!!! That note, at the end there, was sensational, I am so happy to be your mentor; you are like a little thing with a huge voice! I’m so proud of you tonight! Do not listen to mr nark over there (Pingu) he is just jealous he doesn't have you in his category!

I`m entitled to my opinion. Already a bit of tension in the air!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pingu58011 wrote: »
    I`m entitled to my opinion. Already a bit of tension in the air!! :p

I can see that, I can be a fiesty one with a big mouth if you get on the wrong side of me.. lol
    Forum Member
    I can see that, I can be a fiesty one with a big mouth if you get on the wrong side of me.. lol

haha I`m always the one that gets into arguments on here!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haha I`m always the one that gets into arguments on here!! :p

You may have found your match, scouser I am, born and raised! Don't want me as your enemy lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry folks. Part 2 is on the way
    Forum Member
    You may have found your match, scouser I am, born and raised! Don't want me as your enemy lol

haha I`m from Manchester, and ohhhhhh I`m scared!! :p
    Forum Member
    jackamakka wrote: »
    Sorry folks. Part 2 is on the way

It`s ok. Shall we stick to the comments rota or just scrap that idea? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems like the new judging panel are offering a mix of critique tonight. It’s definitely going to be an interesting series! Here are our next set of performers!

It’s the first of the Groups tonight, previously mentored by Tulisa on the UK show and changed members around on a regular basis. None of that tonight though as they plan to light up the sky, it’s The Risk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_CkoJOXhcA
    Ashford:Do you ever feel like a plastic bag
    Drifting through the wind, wanting to start again?

Charlie:Do you ever feel, feel so paper thin
    Like a house of cards, one blow from caving in?

Derry:Do you ever feel already buried deep?
    Six feet under screams, but no one seems to hear a thing

Andrew:Do you know that there's still a chance for you
    'Cause there's a spark in you?

All:You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine
    Just own the night like the 4th of July
    'Cause baby, you're a firework
    Come on, show 'em what you're worth
    Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
    As you shoot across the sky
    `Baby, you're a firework
    Come on, let your colors burst
    Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
    You're gonna leave 'em falling down

Charlie:You don't have to feel like a waste of space
    You're original, cannot be replaced
    If you only knew what the future holds
    After a hurricane comes a rainbow

Ashford:Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed
    So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road

Andrew: Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow
    And when it's time, you'll know

All:You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine
    Just own the night like the 4th of July
    'Cause baby you're a firework
    Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
    Baby, you're a firework
    Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh

Derry: Boom, boom, boom
    Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
    It's always been inside of you, you, you
    And now it's time to let it through

All:'Cause baby you're a firework
    Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh
    Baby, you're a firework
    Make 'em go, oh, oh, oh

---

Up next is the Australian beauty from 2011, with a great voice to boot. It’s the first of Steve’s Girls tonight and she wants to receive your votes – it’s Christina Parie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN7283-LhSg

---

Now we’re going back to the Wildcards (or Team Quirky to keep David happy) and we take the Australian of the pack. Hoping to raise the bar higher tonight, it’s Declan Skyes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPsXxasjSpY

Judges, please post your comments for The Risk, Christina and Declan. The next set of acts will be coming shortly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It`s ok. Shall we stick to the comments rota or just scrap that idea? :)

Aye, just scrap it...

Oh sorry.. went all Scottish on you there :o
    Forum Member
    The Risk

Boys you were just incredible. You lit up that stage with your amazing voices and I am so happy I have got to work with you. You work so hard and there is no other boy group like you and you truly deserve this. Forget katy perry you made that your own. You have to be through to next week!!

Christina Parie

Christina I can`t believe you are only 17. Your voice is incredible and that song was just suited for you, and you really are one of if not the biggest contender for my groups and I just can`t see you going out of this competition anytime soon with performances like that!!!

Declan Skyes

Declan I am unsure about that performance. It just didn`t seem to go anywhere and I was a little bored. The vocals from you were on top form but I just didnt feel the performance like I should, and you didn`t make an impact into the competition. I know it`s only show 1 but you could do much better!!