EE - An Innocent Man (TM) & His Revenge

Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
Forum Member
✭✭
All the Beale/Mitchell haters foaming at the mouth due to the prospect of Max getting his revenge while ignoring the fact he's out to ruin the lives of hundreds of innocent people who had nothing to do with his imprisonment:D

I admit it's an interesting direction to take his revenge storyline in but I hope Innocent Billy, Innocent Donna, Innocent Denise, Innocent Mick and the rest of the innocent residents of Albert Square will get the same sympathy An Innocent Man (TM) got when The Philth and Beale the Squeal let him get banged up for Lucy's murder. Somehow I doubt it;-)

Comments

• MuddyMooseMuddyMoose Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be funny if Max's revenge involves the Carters actually losing The Vic. I actually can't see them losing The Vic though, Max might become a partner. I can't see the family fit in anywhere else
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd quite like Max to find out about Billy's secret stash of Lucy photos.

And tie Ian to some train tracks who squeales uncontrollably until Kathy and Jane come to the rescue on a hand powered rail cart.
  • tr78tr78 Posts: 640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MuddyMoose wrote: »
    I can't see the family fit in anywhere else

They don't fit in IN the Vic. Hopefully it will culminate in them all being written out of EE
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Collateral damage - his targets are obviously those who've wronged him.

He wouldn't be out for revenge if the Beales, Mitchells and others hadn't done what they did. That's what it boils down to.

Of course it's wrong if anyone unconnected suffers, but Max at least has good reason for being twisted and acting the way he is. While on the run, he inferred to Jane that prison is no picnic for a man up for killing a young girl. He's clearly broken hence the self-harm.

Other than Ian and Jane, Bobby's deluded parents, none of those covering for Bobby really had good reasons for their actions. It was plot-driven sh**e that by rights should've ended several characters who're still around in plots obviously designed to undo the damage and get us liking them again . However, it's only really worked with Jane, which is a surprise given her body-dumping antics.
  • Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Between the Beales and the Mitchells, they do own a lot of the area so I suppose it makes sense from that aspect.
  • Aaron_SilverAaron_Silver Posts: 32,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent point well made Broken_Arrow ;-)
  • davejc64davejc64 Posts: 6,077
    Forum Member
    I suspect the reason that others are being hinted at as being targets is because the bloke Max was meeting with has an axe to grind with the residents of Walford and Max is going along with it because the people he is angry with will get caught up in it too, if that is the case then the point of Max's revenge will be somewhat diluted and as a result the full impact won't be felt by the ones who wronged Max, on the whole I would rather Max take the legal route to get justice for being wronged rather tit for tat revenge of any other sort.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tr78 wrote: »
    They don't fit in IN the Vic. Hopefully it will culminate in them all being written out of EE

Agreed.
    LHolmes wrote: »

Like Max when The Philth and co. framed him?:D
    He wouldn't be out for revenge if the Beales, Mitchells and others hadn't done what they did. That's what it boils down to.

It still doesn't excuse him destroying the lives of those who had nothing at all to do with it.
    Of course it's wrong if anyone unconnected suffers, but Max at least has good reason for being twisted and acting the way he is.

By that reasoning Jane and Ian should be fully excused for what they did to protect Bobby. That was a pretty good reason to be fair:p
    While on the run, he inferred to Jane that prison is no picnic for a man up for killing a young girl. He's clearly broken hence the self-harm.

True. At least he's somewhat interesting for the first time since he joined the show.
    Other than Ian and Jane, Bobby's deluded parents, none of those covering for Bobby really had good reasons for their actions. It was plot-driven sh**e that by rights should've ended several characters who're still around in plots obviously designed to undo the damage and get us liking them again . However, it's only really worked with Jane, which is a surprise given her body-dumping antics.

That's true aswell.
    Excellent point well made Broken_Arrow ;-)

Thanks, Aar:)
    davejc64 wrote: »
    I suspect the reason that others are being hinted at as being targets is because the bloke Max was meeting with has an axe to grind with the residents of Walford and Max is going along with it because the people he is angry with will get caught up in it too, if that is the case then the point of Max's revenge will be somewhat diluted and as a result the full impact won't be felt by the ones who wronged Max, on the whole I would rather Max take the legal route to get justice for being wronged rather tit for tat revenge of any other sort.

I suspect the writers knew Max would never get the better of The Philth and so this mysterious businessman has been dragged into it to give the storyline some gravitas. We all know the square is going nowhere so hopefully this is the end of Max when the truth comes out.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Max tries to screw over the entire community, including those who had absolutely nothing to do with his imprisonment, then surely his days in the show are numbered? He can't exactly stay in Walford as public enemy number one.

Maybe this return for Max is just a six month stint to tie up the revenge story and leave.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    bass55 wrote: »
    If Max tries to screw over the entire community, including those who had absolutely nothing to do with his imprisonment, then surely his days in the show are numbered? He can't exactly stay in Walford as public enemy number one.

Maybe this return for Max is just a six month stint to tie up the revenge story and leave.

But the set is going to be changed and brought up to date starting this year so it is going to happen. Some of the locals might hate the idea but I'd say the viewers are excited and the likes of Ian will not object. It's a good way of rebuilding the set without having to restrict filming.
  • Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I expect he'll chicken out at the last minute and turn against the chairman. I'm sure Dot, Lauren, Abi and the rest will take him on a long guilt trip until he switches sides. All will go back to normal since no one liked Max to begin with:p
    Forum Member
    In my opinion the only ones really deserving of any kind of revenge are Ian and Jane, they knew right from the start it was Bobby and did everything they could to cover it up and dragged others into it by guilt tripping them with 'what would you do if it was your child' nonsense, so no one else should be a target as far as I am concerned.
  • bass55bass55 Posts: 18,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I expect he'll chicken out at the last minute and turn against the chairman. I'm sure Dot, Lauren, Abi and the rest will take him on a long guilt trip until he switches sides. All will go back to normal since no one liked Max to begin with:p

You're probably right. Max has always been a bit of a loser. Every time he plays with the big boys he ends up getting his fingers burned.
    davejc64 wrote: »
    In my opinion the only ones really deserving of any kind of revenge are Ian and Jane, they knew right from the start it was Bobby and did everything they could to cover it up and dragged others into it by guilt tripping them with 'what would you do if it was your child' nonsense, so no one else should be a target as far as I am concerned.

I'd argue it's Philth who has treated Max the worst. Ian and Jane at least had a motive for their actions (protecting Bobby) and Jane went out of her way to stop Max going down by lying in court about the affair. They also showed at least some remorse. Phil's only motivation for stitching Max up was that he didn't like him.
    Forum Member
    I'd argue it's Philth who has treated Max the worst. Ian and Jane at least had a motive for their actions (protecting Bobby) and Jane went out of her way to stop Max going down by lying in court about the affair. They also showed at least some remorse. Phil's only motivation for stitching Max up was that he didn't like him.

Could be argued if Jane and Ian hadn't covered up Bobby killing Lucy in the first place then no one including Max would have been in the frame for it in the first place and Phil wouldn't have been able to stitch Max up for it. :p
  • bumpandgrindbumpandgrind Posts: 12,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jane, Ian, Kathy, Phil, Sharon, Peter, Cindy, Liam and Lauren all knew Max didn't do it. Didn't Mick suspect or also know?

They all deserve some form of punishment.

I always assumed Phil helped Max go down as revenge for Max getting Ben to sign over the Arches to him when Phil was wrongfully imprisoned for the car crash on the day of Ronnie and Charlie's wedding.
    Forum Member
    You're probably right. Max has always been a bit of a loser. Every time he plays with the big boys he ends up getting his fingers burned.

It was Jane that set the ball rolling. She even lied to Ian and Peter letting them believe the worst...assault and rape by a stranger. Peter never forgave her and is now an alcoholic and addict. Something that seems to bother her not at all. Nor Ian for that matter.
    Scum the lot of them. They all played a part in ruining Max's life...Jane, Ian, Phil, Sharon, Lauren and Abi (to a lesser extent). And Max's crime...sleeping with a woman who seduced him for money.
    Forum Member
    Jane, Ian, Kathy, Phil, Sharon, Peter, Cindy, Liam and Lauren all knew Max didn't do it. Didn't Mick suspect or also know?

They all deserve some form of punishment.

I always assumed Phil helped Max go down as revenge for Max getting Ben to sign over the Arches to him when Phil was wrongfully imprisoned for the car crash on the day of Ronnie and Charlie's wedding.

Phil had already got his revenge for that by conning him out of the car lot , causing him to lose his home.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    Phil had already got his revenge for that by conning him out of the car lot , causing him to lose his home.

Oh yeah. You have a much better memory than me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    It was Jane that set the ball rolling. She even lied to Ian and Peter letting them believe the worst...assault and rape by a stranger. Peter never forgave her and is now an alcoholic and addict. Something that seems to bother her not at all. Nor Ian for that matter.
    Scum the lot of them. They all played a part in ruining Max's life...Jane, Ian, Phil, Sharon, Lauren and Abi (to a lesser extent). And Max's crime...sleeping with a woman who seduced him for money.

I don't think Ian is aware of the current state of Peter. I think Steven hid the full extent from Lauren and then confessed all to Jane when she discovered he was fiddling the accounts to pay off debt. Lauren is now fully aware but I believe Ian isn't.

For me, it was Sharon who in my own personal view has taken leave of her senses. Ian is one of her best friends and she's always been close to Jane but she's also always been relatively morally sound (if you ignore sleeping with her husband's brother and getting back with Dennis behind Zoe's back).

I always thought it was a shame the Carol left before all was revealed. Just imagine her going for Phil, Sharon, Ian and Jane. God I miss Carol Jackson, one of EEs greats.
    Forum Member
    I don't think Ian is aware of the current state of Peter. I think Steven hid the full extent from Lauren and then confessed all to Jane when she discovered he was fiddling the accounts to pay off debt. Lauren is now fully aware but I believe Ian isn't.

For me, it was Sharon who in my own personal view has taken leave of her senses. Ian is one of her best friends and she's always been close to Jane but she's also always been relatively morally sound (if you ignore sleeping with her husband's brother and getting back with Dennis behind Zoe's back).

I always thought it was a shame the Carol left before all was revealed. Just imagine her going for Phil, Sharon, Ian and Jane. God I miss Carol Jackson, one of EEs greats.

If Jane hasn't told Ian then that's another crime to add to her list. How dare she not tell him...Peter is his son not hers. He had every right to know how Lucy died and he has every right to know that his son is in a desperate state. Is she going to wait until he turns up dead in some hovel with a needle sticking out of his arm.>:(
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tr78 wrote: »

You leave MyLinda alone.

She just needs a new husband.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Of course it's wrong if anyone unconnected suffers, but Max at least has good reason for being twisted and acting the way he is. While on the run, he inferred to Jane that prison is no picnic for a man up for killing a young girl. He's clearly broken hence the self-harm.

I think that's because Jane was the only character involved that had any development with the plot. Her background with the family, her emotional explanations, the fact she can't have kids of her own helped to explain her involvement and why she did what she did in a moment of madness.

Whereas the other 352 characters who covered it up..... just for the sake of covering it up was just preposterous.