wheres BF3 then ?

denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
Forum Member
✭✭
thought bf3 was coming free too ps + users today ? ?
still almost £50 at ps store .

dan

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thought bf3 was coming free too ps + users today ? ?
    still almost £50 at ps store .

dan

PS+ will be updated tomorrow afternoon!!! (like usual) :)
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »

ok thanks
  • paulj48paulj48 Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »

PS3 blog says July 2nd?
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulj48 wrote: »
    PS3 blog says July 2nd?

Says the 3rd here

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/playstation-plus-your-july-update/

Perhaps you looked at the US blog? Theirs will update today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Says the 3rd here

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/06/19/playstation-plus-your-july-update/

Perhaps you looked at the US blog? Theirs will update today.

i was :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't get too excited, the single player campaign is sh1t at best and your going to get very frustrasted playing MP as you're going to get owned over and over and over again until you manage to level up a little.

Enjoy :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If any 1st time BF3 players need a friendly squad mate feel free to add me L1st00r because noobs are defiantly gonna need a helping hand just make sure you mention DS, there are some bloody good players out there. Don't let it put you off though multiplayer is fantastic and far better than MW3 or Blops2 ( just dont adopt the same play style, you will get f***ed over)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Numa wrote: »
    I wouldn't get too excited, the single player campaign is sh1t at best and your going to get very frustrasted playing MP as you're going to get owned over and over and over again until you manage to level up a little.

There is going to be a hell of a lot of new players though and being on PS+ will make sure the online community keeps active.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is a steep learning curve. Id personally recommend playing Conquest mode and just aim to capture flags rather than going looking for a firefight at first.
    Also bear in mind you can be "spotted" and alerted to rest of enemy team. You should also get into the habit of spotting enemies whether they are on foot or vehicle. You do this by aiming in their direction and pressing select.
    Another thing is to make sure you can kill that person you see. They won't die as easy as they do in cod. So if you start something make sure every bullet counts
  • chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Numa wrote: »

I've played Battlefield 1943 , will that help ?!

Does it match you with similarly skilled/rank players, as there's going to be a lot of first timers joining tonight when the game goes up on PS+ (well tomorrow as I presume it'll be a big download which will have to be left going overnight :( )
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisw99 wrote: »
    I've played Battlefield 1943 , will that help ?!

Does it match you with similarly skilled/rank players, as there's going to be a lot of first timers joining tonight when the game goes up on PS+ (well tomorrow as I presume it'll be a big download which will have to be left going overnight :( )

Playing 1943 will help to some degree. The maps are much bigger. you'll find it difficult at first and will probably die lots. However once you get your rhythm after your first kill you'll be fine.

And yes - it is a fairly big download. Guess the PSN servers will be taking a hammering later!
  • denial_orstupiddenial_orstupid Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    been playing bf3 on pc for last 2 years . i know what i am doing :)
  • jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    been playing bf3 on pc for last 2 years . i know what i am doing :)

Same. Good fun BF3.

You'll find it a step down though as there's only 24 per map I think.

That said it's still fun to kick back with the PS3 version and go for a quick game :)
  • tony le mesmertony le mesmer Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Available now for free, if you search for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I may need to clarify my post; I was not trying to put anyone off the game. IMHO BF3 is better than COD, however the learning curve is a lot steeper. I own both the PS3 and PC version, I prefer the smaller maps on the PS3, but flying is easier and more fun on the PC.
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish i got BF3 for free. Paid 40 quid for it. It was NOT worth it.

Have fun getting completely owned by basement dwellers.
  • General LunacyGeneral Lunacy Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a pretty darn good giveaway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So i don't want to sound like n00b (god i hate that name) but i've not played a battlefield online before so...

What is it like?
    what are the game modes?
    Are the modes similar to modes in CoD?
    Can you 'run and gun' like on CoD?
    is it more tactical?
    How easy would it be transition from CoD (since modern warfare) to BF3?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If anybody else like me is a BF amatuer, why don't we clan up?

If we are going to get owned then at least go down with a friend next to you? I'll be on tonight from 8pm if anybody is interested.

the_daddy2009

See you on the battlefield, maggots! :D
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tip for new players: don't use quick match. There's a good chance you'll get thrown into a rented server, many of which have silly rules and power-tripping admins. Use the server browser instead and play in the Dice or EA Official servers for a more pleasant experience.

Also, play the objective. There's nothing more irritating than having players in your team who sit sniping miles away from the objective trying to pump up their precious k/d.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another one is if you fancy being a chopper or plane pilot then look for an empty server on something like caspian border and then you can practice til your hearts content
  • Delboy219Delboy219 Posts: 3,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, be prepared to run around for up to 5 minutes + (on the bigger maps) before you encounter a single soul.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers for tips lads..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Delboy219 wrote: »
    Also, be prepared to run around for up to 5 minutes + (on the bigger maps) before you encounter a single soul.
    And die immediately with no indication of where from because of camping snipers!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why u need to work as a team and hopefully snipers get spotted.