The Sea Devils in The Eleventh Hour

davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
Forum Member
Did anyone else see them too? They were part of the montage of Doctors and Enemies, which I thought was pretty neat.

I don't think they will have much significance though, because we have been told that they are not returning.

Or are they?

Was that clip included as consolation for the lack of Sea Devils this year? Or are they to feature with the silurians?

Comments

• davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    This thread is (understandably) being drowned.

BUMP!
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I think it was put in there during post production at the last minute on Thursday ;-)

Just a nod to the history and forum fodder I suspect
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are 2 distinct spieces of reptiles, one could be the Sea Devils
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    Yeah I spotted them and hoped it was a nod for the old-timers of what's to show up later this year (NOTE: I don't want to know if they do until I see it).

Also: where's the Ice Warriors!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They would have used the new design if they were returning, so that proves that they aren't. Told Ya. (Silurians are though :p )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    Odd thing about the montage of enemies was that it was supposedly all the ones who've attacked Earth in the past, yet the Ood and the Hath were included, when did they ever attack?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Point... A Wizard did it. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    phileq wrote: »
    Odd thing about the montage of enemies was that it was supposedly all the ones who've attacked Earth in the past, yet the Ood and the Hath were included, when did they ever attack?
    Oh never thought of that. Did they show the Autons? They'd definitely have worked.
    Or why not the Yeti? Or the Zygons?

Probably just wanted some of the aliens featured in the most recent series, although I'm at least glad they didn't have the Adipose!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They would have used the new design if they were returning, so that proves that they aren't. Told Ya. (Silurians are though :p )

Steven Moffat in an interview on this very website said the silurians are not returning
    Forum Member
    He said that "Nothing matching that description was even around in the Silurian Era!" - this was a nod to their other name - Eocenes.

Moff confirmed on bbc breakfast about 2 weeks ago that the silurians were returning :)
    Forum Member
    bump!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read somewhere that he confirmed it.
  • MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone seems to have spotted the Sea Devil... but missed the classic series Sontaran that popped up immediately before it!
  • DS9DS9 Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member

Actually the reptiles are a new clan of Silurians in the same way the Sea Devils were a new clan of the Silurians back in the day.