Separate Kids/Adult shows would be better

fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
Forum Member
✭✭✭
they never say no to any of those annoying brats that turn up.

and the public always vote them through.

tthye should have separate shows like stars in there eyes

............and i cant stand animal acts

bring back opportunity knockS!!!!

Comments

• Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    The trouble with a kids' talent show is that, like the children's Stars In Their Eyes, you end up with 5 year olds competing against 16 year olds. Which is silly.

May as well just have everyone against everyone else!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    i think the show should be 16s and overs only, if adult cheerleaders or singers or whatever of the same standard as the kids that get put through turned up theyd be laughed off. its ageism really :)
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Well, arguably some will not qualify anyway because they're simply not good enough regardless of their age. But kids like Andrew Johnston are as good as any adult singer (I in fact prefer the sound of a good boy singer to a good adult soprano) so should be allowed to compete against adults, as they're there on merit.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    not all are truly there on merit though, there seemed to be some average dancing troupes with kids getting through last week and some more adult troupes not.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH the children last year that got through deserved to IMO, and from the first episode of this series, nothing has changed.
  • ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    not all are truly there on merit though, there seemed to be some average dancing troupes with kids getting through last week and some more adult troupes not.

Yes, but Andrew Johnston is clearly different. Cathedral choirboys are singing at professional standard at a very young age. He's practically a professional singer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ForestChav wrote: »
    Yes, but Andrew Johnston is clearly different. Cathedral choirboys are singing at professional standard at a very young age. He's practically a professional singer.

I thought he was fantastic, i had goose pimples when i heard him sing.