Options

How old is the Doctor now?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 188
Forum Member
How old is the doctor now? I know it was 300 years added on the first time, but he aged even more the second time. And has Matt Smiths Doctor been the longest serving doctor now? In Terms of Doctor Years?

Comments

• Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About 2000. He seems to have lived longer in his Twelfth Incarnation than all others put together.
  • Options
    claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the second part - the main war - was supposed to take place over about 900 years (that was the time frame given by those who got info on the ep prior to airing so they likely were given that figure somewhere even if it doesn't appear on screen and it fits with the ageing we saw). Bearing in mind he was somewhere around 1200-1300 before the episode started, you add on those 1200 years and that's a damn long time!

The Eleventh Doctor lived for somewhere around 1500 years so by far the longest lived of his regenerations. He was already doing better than the last two before he went to Trenzalore!
  • Options
    Ray_SmithRay_Smith Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the Doctor can keep regenerating that makes him immortal so his true age is infinite. In a cosmic kind of way he's a God in mortal form! Far out, man!!! :D
  • Options
    PootmatootPootmatoot Posts: 15,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It makes sense if you're on your last regeneration to be a little more careful not to get blown up.
  • Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    It makes sense if you're on your last regeneration to be a little more careful not to get blown up.
    By putting yourself in a situation where most of the Universe wants to kill you to stop the Timelords returning...

... which does beg the question - where can I get a wooden Cyberman :D