Options

Is the power of the Regeneration the reason the Time Lords installed a limit?

codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
Forum Member
Think about it, Doctors 1-9 Regenerated without a hitch.

10 blew up and took down the Tardis with him....

11 blew up and took down an entire town, including a fleet of Daleks, with him.

This never happened to Doctors 1-9 so perhaps the reason the Time Lords installed a limit on regenerations is, while it's possible to have more than 12, the more they have the more damaging they are to everyone else.
If a Time Lord made it to 100+ lives maybe he'd be taking down entire planets every time he regenerated? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lolol I thought that. They need to bring back the regen rations back to sensible levels now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    Perhaps, yes.

It seems the more times you've regenerated, the more the effects take their toll on you and the surrounding environment, 8 couldn't remember who he was, 10 was bedridden, 11 had a very unusual appetite and 12 couldn't seem to remember how to fly the TARDIS.

I guess it's like apparently hangovers get worse the older you get.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Nothing to contradict that, but the way I understood it is that the 11th's was so forceful because it's a new cycle of regenerations and so it's different than most (like the reason why he returned to a younger version of his current appearance for a while and then changed in a moment's time).

The 10th's was forceful because he'd absorbed a lot of radiation and kept putting it off (visiting all these people) so it had to be more intense to fix him.