Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 19)

Comments

• bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So it appears that the RST/A opinion is that if Rangers have done wrong then they should be punished - so what's the problem?

But I don't understand why Neil Lennon is being mentioned?

Jim Spence asking why the Rangers fans protested at the BBC seeing as they broadcasted a documentary which proved to be right.

Then asks what kind of punishment should Rangers face, points deduction ruled out, transfer embargo ruled out, fines ruled out......
  • gamez-fangamez-fan Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think rangers should tell the sfa and sfl to stick it and apply to join the english league
    i mean if rangers were to be demoted to the scottish lower leagues then they may as well
    attempt to gain entry to the lower english divisions
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gamez-fan wrote: »
    i think rangers should tell the sfa and sfl to stick it and apply to join the english league
    i mean if rangers were to be demoted to the scottish lower leagues then they may as well
    attempt to gain entry to the lower english divisions

Why would the English league allow a club join it's league that is in this mess after failing to pay PAYE, VAT and football debts this season?

That's why Rangers have the 12 month player registration ban.

Unless it's proven that the witholding of the PAYE/VAT wasn't used to cover other costs at the club then Rangers don't really have a leg to stand on - this season the club have operated a financial policy that has given it an unfair advantage over the rest of the SPL and clubs it's faced in domestic competition.

If Rapid Vienna go to UEFA/FIFA over then Jelavic money then you can expect a transfer embargo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »
    Why would the English league allow a club join it's league that is in this mess after failing to pay PAYE, VAT and football debts this season?

That's why Rangers have the 12 month player registration ban.

Unless it's proven that the witholding of the PAYE/VAT wasn't used to cover other costs at the club then Rangers don't really have a leg to stand on - this season the club have operated a financial policy that has given it an unfair advantage over the rest of the SPL and clubs it's faced in domestic competition.

If Rapid Vienna go to UEFA/FIFA over then Jelavic money then you can expect a transfer embargo.

Correct.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gawds truth, the Queens EPL team, made it into the CL final, lets hope Bayen ................. pump them in the final ?? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heard McCoist on Rangers News - I expect the SFA will be writing a letter to Mr McCoist to ask him to explain his comments.

'This Decision could kill our football club'

'Who are these peepil'

'We want to start fighting back'

'We give the supporters our backing'

'I will stand alongside them'
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britney, that was genius on the protest.

"ManUtdST have about 150,000 members, Mark how many members do the RST have...?"

"erm, last count about 1500"
  • Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    With it being essentially an Old Firm game with "nothing" to play for, it could turn out to be a big game as in it could be the last OF game for the forseeable future.

3rd division is where they belong....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Celtic and Aston Villa will play two preseason games over the next two summers in aid of Stan Petrov, there will also be other matches involving legends of both clubs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With it being essentially an Old Firm game with "nothing" to play for, it could turn out to be a big game as in it could be the last OF game for the forseeable future.

3rd division is where they belong....

This season has proved that Celtic will not win the treble every season. It's a chance for SPL sides to step up and challenge.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Celtic and Aston Villa will play two preseason games over the next two summers in aid of Stan Petrov, there will also be other matches involving legends of both clubs.

Good to hear.

About all the news today, what exactly are Rangers fans complaining about? Another forum I post on has been posting links to Rangers fan sites most of the day and they are hilarious. Protests here, boycotts there. They seem to think Rangers shouldn't be punished!

Did anyone see Stuart Cosgrove on C4 news? He said what most non Old Firm fans feel about the situation IMO, unlike Traynor and Dodds on Radio Scotland.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    t1t3h wrote: »
    Good to hear.

About all the news today, what exactly are Rangers fans complaining about? Another forum I post on has been posting links to Rangers fan sites most of the day and they are hilarious. Protests here, boycotts there. They seem to think Rangers shouldn't be punished!

Not quite true, it appears to me that they agree that if Rangers have done wrong then they should be punished according.

However those punishments must not include:

Fines
    Stripping of Titles/Trophies
    Point Deductions
    Transfer ban
    Explusion.
    Did anyone see Stuart Cosgrove on C4 news? He said what most non Old Firm fans feel about the situation IMO, unlike Traynor and Dodds on Radio Scotland.

Fair play to him for speaking out, although I bet he wouldn't be allowed on Sportsound during the week to say that.

SPL 'Sources' saying that Dundee could be promoted if Rangers are liquidated during the close season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't familiar with Craig Whyte before this but read A long article online from The Daily Record, why is he not facing some kind of prosecution or prison sentence.
    Illegal plots and tax evasion, fraud to name a few of his dodgy deals.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SPL 'Sources' saying that Dundee could be promoted if Rangers are liquidated during the close season.
    We'll need to finish 2nd first...

Besides, wouldn't Dunfermline kick up a fuss there?
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    harveybest wrote: »
    I wasn't familiar with Craig Whyte before this but read A long article online from The Daily Record, why is he not facing some kind of prosecution or prison sentence.

The guys been doing it for years so he knows exactly what he's playing at and will make sure he hasn't actually broken any laws, it's his speciality.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    The guys been doing it for years so he knows exactly what he's playing at and will make sure he hasn't actually broken any laws, it's his speciality.

Why was he allowed to buy a football club then?
  • Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    If Rangers stay as their current selfs and they are not relegated to div 3, i'd like them to stay in the SPL and get a hiding of some teams every week. I wonder how loyal the fans would stay.
  • TommyNookaTommyNooka Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why was he allowed to buy a football club then?

To put them into administration/liquidation?
    I couldn't imagine a Knight of the Realm putting his most high profile possession to 'sleep'.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TommyNooka wrote: »
    Does anyone actually believe this 'sentence' will be carried out?

I'm with you on this one mate.

It will be appealed and cut down IMO. The transfer ban down to 1 window and the fines halved.
    bambii wrote: »
    What makes :rolleyes: is that they ban Whyte for life from managing any SFA team. Then punish the club that he destroyed.

Whyte 'destroyed' Rangers? There was me thinking it was old Minty Moonbeams that ran EBTs at Rangers that have the HMRC frothing at the gash for the evaded tax? :confused::confused:

Had HMRC not been after Rangers for ~£50m then Moonbeams wouldn't have sold to Whyte for £1. Moonbeams is where Rangers fans should be directing their anger at.

And speaking of Minty he has been brought right back into the in mix in court this morning. The Rangers administrators got a motion granted to force Murray Holdings Ltd to pass to the administrators all correspondence between them and Collyer Bristow regarding the share purchase by Shooter. Radar was in court for the motion being granted as well.
    Ally McCoist 'Leaning towards' playing in the third division.

Getting the bares prepared.
    Britney, that was genius on the protest.

"ManUtdST have about 150,000 members, Mark how many members do the RST have...?"

"erm, last count about 1500"

:D:D:D:D

What are fans of other clubs saying that Celtic fans aren't saying?

If you'd been on the Huddleboard, a haven for journalists looking to print negative stories about Celtic, you'd have known he was a dodger before Shooter signed the contract to take over Rangers.

Thank goodness for the compliant press in Scotland!
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone seen Jim Traynor's latest?

Verge of tears doesn't sum it up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    Has anyone seen Jim Traynor's latest?

Verge of tears doesn't sum it up.

Got to try and get the Rangers support back onside.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Murray forced by court to handover details of all communications with Whyte and his team over the takeover.

Also interesting point raised by Phil Mac, if McCoist wants to know who was on the judicial panel, why does he not ask RFC's own Andrew Dickson who attended the hearing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calum Murray to referee the Glasgow derby on Sunday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also interesting point raised by Phil Mac, if McCoist wants to know who was on the judicial panel, why does he not ask RFC's own Andrew Dickson who attended the hearing.

FF have already named one person who they think was on the committee.

I see that everyones favourite pish stained alky and convicted violent criminal yesterday posted the details of Matt McGlone's mail box, on top of naming the children of a BBC staff member a couple months and the HMRC staff member he believed was involved in leaking information to the media before that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    timboy wrote: »
    FF have already named one person who they think was on the committee.

I see that everyones favourite pish stained alky and convicted violent criminal yesterday posted the details of Matt McGlone's mail box, on top of naming the children of a BBC staff member a couple months and the HMRC staff member he believed was involved in leaking information to the media before that.

Police should be involved if that is the case.

Rangers know fine well who the panel was so what is McCoist's game?

They did it last season, say very little but enough to get their FF friends foaming.
This discussion has been closed.