14 / 15-day EPG?

I have the original BT Vision box which has a really useful 14-day EPG, and can also be set to record BBC red-button broadcasts (on Ch.301/302).

I'd like to upgrade to an HD PVR (Freeview or Freesat will do) but all the ones I've checked out seem to only come with 7/8-day EPG's.

Can anyone tell me if there's a decent HD PVR on the market that has a 14/15-day EPG, and can be set to record Ch.301/302 (not essential, but handy for recording the F1 Forum when it's on :)).

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The freesat and freeview epgs only have 8 days of data. No box can display information not actually available.
  • chrisbartleychrisbartley Posts: 1,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a company that used to supply 14 day EPG data - 4TV - I used to have an Inverto box that used that
    Trouble was teh box didn't have a fall back position to use the std Freeview data so once that company went bust all of those boxes that used that data became useless.
  • ProDaveProDave Posts: 11,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was also the Teletext Extra 14 day EPG. I'm not sure what they morphed into before dissapearing into oblivion.

But not before they had "upgraded" the software on thousands of people's set top boxes and made them at best more clumsy to set up and use, and at worse completely useless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Most of the companies involved in this area are working on catchup style EPGs rather than going further into the future. So you'll have an EPG that goes 7 days forwards, and 7 days backward, and you can just click on an 'old' programme to watch it on demand. It gets pretty hard to make future EPGs stable, because broadcasters shift stuff around quite often. Series link is the nearest you'll get.
  • Nigel GoodwinNigel Goodwin Posts: 58,330
    Forum Member
    Yes, the reason for 7/8 day EPG's is simply that the TV channels only provide data for that time - more than that is likely to be unreliable, and would only be available from a small number of the channels.