1 Rock/Indie Judge, 1 R'nB Judge, 1 Pop Judge, 1 Soul/Motown/Jazz Judge

2»

Comments

• Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rock/indie - Noel Gallagher (definitely)
    R&B - Kelly Rowland
    Pop - Gary Barlow
    Motown/Soul - Mary J Blige
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Nastyman69 wrote: »
    Rock/indie - Noel Gallagher (definitely)
    R&B - Kelly Rowland
    Pop - Gary Barlow
    Motown/Soul - Mary J Blige

Not sure id like Kelly Rowland back personally.

Might be interesting to see if anybody else has a different opinion now we are coming to the end of this years series :)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that any of them would ever do it but:

Noel Gallagher
    Beverley Knight
    John Newman
    Dave Lee (Joey Negro)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure id like Kelly Rowland back personally.

Might be interesting to see if anybody else has a different opinion now we are coming to the end of this years series :)

Id love Kelly back. Way funnier and calmer than Scherzinger, who often seeks attention.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone I like to be a judge it would have to be a totally different programme, you are stigmatised for ever once you have bee involved with x factor imo
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hutchcraft wrote: »
    I agree with this. 5 judges maybe:

Pop: Paloma Faith
    Rock/Indie: Damon Albarn
    Electonic/Dance: Calvin Harris
    Hip hop/RnB: Rihanna
    Folk/country: Marcus Mumford

Although it may not be fair to compare a girl band with a rock band, DJ, rapper or a fiddler it would still be a great show i think

Calvin Harris on The X-Factor would be very funny, considering his last performance on the show.
  • earldbestearldbest Posts: 3,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think a panel of performers will work; that's too much like The Voice.

A good panel will be:

Jimmy Iovine. He was on American Idol as the backstage critic and he's very good.
    Will.I.Am. His selling point is not his vocals but he has a thing for music, so doing The X-Factor is a good idea.
    Mary J. Blige. She is just wonderful and I can imagine her being caring without all the scha-crazy stuff Nicole does.
    Kara DioGuardi. When she's not OTT, I liked her on Idol.

HM: Scott Mills, Jools Holland, the old Pop Idol panel :D
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't this exactly what the new series of The Voice has?

Rock/Indie - Ricky Wilson
    RnB - will.i.am
    Pop - Kylie
    Jazz/Soul/Motown - Tom Jones
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dodger0703 wrote: »
    For anyone I like to be a judge it would have to be a totally different programme, you are stigmatised for ever once you have bee involved with x factor imo

Exactly - I can't imagine the likes of Richard David James (Aphex Twin) or Bjork or Brian Eno or Robert Fripp having anything to do with XF as it would undermine their credibility. That said, that group are so credible it might raise the show up to a whole other level. Not a level SyCo would want, but another level nonetheless.

Maybe a BBC2 version with decent, innovative, judges searching for new, exciting talent and not just the bland pop nonsense represented by the likes of the Misses Mynogue or Scherzinger or Barlow. I'd watch it; if it had razzmatazz.
  • David_MorganDavid_Morgan Posts: 1,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hutchcraft wrote: »
    I agree with this. 5 judges maybe:

Rock/Indie: Damon Albarn
    Electonic/Dance: Calvin Harris
    Hip hop/RnB: Rihanna
    Folk/country: Marcus Mumford

Although it may not be fair to compare a girl band with a rock band, DJ, rapper or a fiddler it would still be a great show i think

Isn't this:

Pop: Damon Albarn
    Pop: Calvin Harris
    Crap Pop: Rihanna
    Crap Boring Pop: Marcus Mumford
  • Purple MangoPurple Mango Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    earldbest wrote: »
    I don't think a panel of performers will work; that's too much like The Voice.

A good panel will be:

Jimmy Iovine. He was on American Idol as the backstage critic and he's very good.
    Will.I.Am. His selling point is not his vocals but he has a thing for music, so doing The X-Factor is a good idea.
    Mary J. Blige. She is just wonderful and I can imagine her being caring without all the scha-crazy stuff Nicole does.
    Kara DioGuardi. When she's not OTT, I liked her on Idol.

HM: Scott Mills, Jools Holland, the old Pop Idol panel :D

I agree. I actually think getting current artists in the charts to judge is whats crippling the XF and also alienating the maturer viewer. I like the panel with industry experts or a performer that has paid their dues and been big in the music biz, and lasted, for at least 10/15 years imo.

Performers like Buble and Blige I would say fit.

I like the idea of Scott Mills somehow, and i also think Midge Ure could come in handy