Game Difficulty

2»

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah ur right HB, just checked Modern 3 and it's 100G for completing the game on Hardened or Veteran (dunno what I was thinking tbh lol). I thought it was 50G for each.

*I'll be standing over in the corner facing the wall if anyone wants me :o lol

CoD W@W does reward you the way you were talking about, it gives a Gold for completing on normal and a Gold for Veteran so I guess its down to the game. I do agree with what you saying, it is nice when the reward properly matches what you have done.
    grps3 wrote: »
    all games are way too easy now

they hold your hand all the way through, we have checkpoints every 2 seconds, unlimited lives, aim assist, steering assistant etc etc etc etc

So many game basically have infinite health these days as well. You get shot and just hide to heal yourself, apparently this is more realistic than health boxes scattered around the levels.
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    So many game basically have infinite health these days as well. You get shot and just hide to heal yourself, apparently this is more realistic than health boxes scattered around the levels.

Time heals all wounds :D
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

they hold your hand all the way through, we have checkpoints every 2 seconds, unlimited lives, aim assist, steering assistant etc etc etc etc

i remember when games were actually games...the whole game was included at purchase....if you want extra content you didnt buy dlc, you unlocked stuff by doing well at the game....
    you started on level 1 , if you died you started from the start, some games allowed you to collect lives, so you got to restart the level

now im gonna go back to playing my interactive cutscene masquerading as a video game

Those were the days :)
  • silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i remember when games were actually games...the whole game was included at purchase....if you want extra content you didnt buy dlc, you unlocked stuff by doing well at the game....
    you started on level 1 , if you died you started from the start, some games allowed you to collect lives, so you got to restart the level

now im gonna go back to playing my interactive cutscene masquerading as a video game

Harsh, but I'm glad someone said it! :eek: :o;)
  • ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    silentNate wrote: »
    Harsh, but I'm glad someone said it! :eek: :o;)

Gotta applaud 'grps3' though Nate because it's true and the saddest part is, we just accept it. It's all about making more and more £ from the gamer's and to hell with whether they enjoy the game or not. IMO, games themselves are becoming less and less and more dlc and season passes are appearing. So it's a case of let's charge the 'mugs' £35-£40 for part of the game and charge them lots more for the dlc. With the likes of BF and COD and the like, the full game is now costing us between £70 and £85 :eek: and we pay it too.
  • Cracker_CakeCracker_Cake Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually play them on easy and after I clear them move onto a tougher setting but so far after I clear the game I stop playing them.
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I pick normal on most games, unless I hear it's not that difficult on hard. I pick easy for racing games because for some reason I can't win at all on normal. For football games I play on the highest, which I think is World Class.
  • MsLurkerMsLurker Posts: 1,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on the game.Games like CoD I play on veteran but most other games its normal.

L4D me and my friends played on normal until we got good enough to play on expert.

I did completed Bioshock Infinite on hard since only until the last level you don't really die or have to restart. I doubt if I'll be attempting the 1999 mode though. :o
  • CadivaCadiva Posts: 18,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually start on Normal and see how it goes and adjust accordingly. It also depends on what type of game it is, if it's an RTS game then it can be fun to up the difficulty level, on an RPG that just usually ends up with you being overwhelmed by dozens of monsters so I tend to leave that as is.
  • HotelierHotelier Posts: 13,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

they hold your hand all the way through, we have checkpoints every 2 seconds,

Thats one of my gripes, checkpoint saves..makes a game to easy..or sometimes, frustratingly hard if they are far apart. Usually they are to close together though, That's why I prefer instant save, so I can decide myself if I want to save or not.
  • brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I start at Normal and then adjust it up or down as necessary. I don't consider myself to be very good, and the starts of games are usually the least fun and most difficult part, so I feel it would be foolish to set it any higher to begin with.