Options

who is iamamiwhoami?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's your reasoning for thinking it's a joke?
  • Options
    ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mechajlo wrote: »
    What's your reasoning for thinking it's a joke?

I could also imply that its Madonna because Madonna has a cat, likes whales and once walked through a forest. Also, the small fact that it IS Jonna Lee in the videos, not Cerys Matthews and that the vocals are by Jonna Lee, set pictures from one of the videos were posted on Jonnas twitter...etc etc. Need I go on?

The mystery is around the project in general, not on who is starring in the videos. That 'mystery' has been solved.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing's officially confirmed though. I'm all for skepticism, but like I said, anything's possible. I completely agree that it is more than likely Jonna Lee, but it MIGHT not be. So I'm looking into other prospects. That okay with you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mechajlo wrote: »
    Nothing's officially confirmed though. I'm all for skepticism, but like I said, anything's possible. I completely agree that it is more than likely Jonna Lee, but it MIGHT not be. So I'm looking into other prospects. That okay with you?

Uh, of course its fine but its sorta a waste of time since it is Jonna in the videos. Nothing is confirmed but you'd have to be deaf and blind to think it was anyone else. Im all for theories...but Catatonia?! Cerys is too busy hawking herself out to reality tv shows and the one show thesedays to do anything remotely interesting. It also sounds absolutely nothing like her ;)
  • Options
    tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    it's gary glitter in drag, thats why they are hiding the identity.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's gary glitter in drag, thats why they are hiding the identity.

And the Adam's Apple!
    Haha, I showed it to someone a while ago and they thought it was a man! The hands and face, apparently. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    racol5racol5 Posts: 3,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Little Boots : Too produced and glossy - theres no new album to promote with it.
    Madonna : No way. Not even remotely possible.[/QUOTE]

Neither of them...there's no gap in the teeth on vid..
  • Options
    L_SilverwolfL_Silverwolf Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a new video out today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izejVXJ_arQ
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    I am so trying be detective and solve this .... but its so cryptic and people suggest things which suggest to me that they are looking into things far deeper than I have the intelligence too.

So please help to create a wiki style compendium of facts for my little and hurting brain...

My General Observations

The setting seems Scandinavian for some reason - so Scandinavian links
    It is most likely to be a project rather than an individual and obviously have a sound knowledge of video and audio production (dj/producer?)
    So far we have seen a woman,man (but very female looking) and puppet in the videos

9 Videos uploaded so far:Prelude 699130082.451322-5.4.21.3.1.20.9.15.14.1.12" ("goat")
    "9.1.13.669321018" ("owl")
    "9.20.19.13.5.723378" ("whale")
    "13.1.14.4.18.1.7.15.18.1.1110" ("bee")
    "15.6.6.9.3.9.14.1.18.21.13.56155" ("llama")
    "23.5.12.3.15.13.5-8.15.13.5.3383" ("monkey")
    "b"
    "o"
    "u-1"

letters of tracks released to amazon/i tunes = b ; o ; u-1

woman in video looks like Jonna Lee - who reported to be getting muddy on her twitter

mandrake, cats, whales are significant apparently ??

Suspect names linked: Knife, Fever Ray, Jonna Lee, Claus Bjorklund, Madonna, Lady G, Christina, Ladytron, Royksopp, Goldfrapp, Tori Amos

Thats all I have :)
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this still going on??!! :eek:

When is someone going to come out and just admit who this is/they are? It's been months! I'm sure people are bored of this by now?

If whoever it is had released a single during this time they may have had some success but now i doubt anyone really cares.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Is this still going on??!! :eek:

When is someone going to come out and just admit who this is/they are? It's been months! I'm sure people are bored of this by now?

If whoever it is had released a single during this time they may have had some success but now i doubt anyone really cares.

All the songs are being released to Amazon MP3. I dont think this is a campaign which is focusing on sales.
  • Options
    Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,172
    Forum Member
    i am still intrigued ... the puppet thing is interesting and now with u-1 and u-2 videos... the man in white pants and a beard is a good freeakish direction....

further things to mention and to ask for help in understanding...

Royksopp are due to release a more autumnal dark album called senior ... i listened to some of their 'in the studio'videos on the webpage and they had a drum beat identical to one of the early - licking the tree videos - so am sure that they too are now involved...

the man in the white pants looks likes Kleerup and i listened to a few of his tracks which also fit ....

so far the letters are B O U-1 U-2
    (could that be double u? and so spells BOW....POSSIBLY BOWS... who are also a band...

Then I had this crazy thought that maybe its a compilation album with many different recording acts ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NEW VIDEO

I like it. The baby operating the camera is certainly an interesting new element.

Does anybody think she might have been impregnated following the rumpy pumpy with underpants man as witnessed in the previous videos? The weird red boobs and the two cups full of white liquid she offers towards the camera suggest to me that she might be lactating.

Also, there MUST be something to all the synthetic/man made materials and textiles set against all the natural elements of the forest (wood, leaves, earth), i.e. the plastic cups and bottles, tin foil, plastic wrap, cardboard boxes, paper house.

Anyway, it would be interesting to hear everyone elses take on the video.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This campaign has gone back to its roots (no pun intended) and is back on track after 2 kinda boring videos. It really seems to be a mashup of all the previous videos, though it does go off in a few different directions. All good though!

Im hoping this comes to an end soon so live gigs are arranged. Praying for a gig at Electric Picnic!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like y'all are utterly bored of the campaign but here's the latest video if anybody is interested (posted a few days ago now)...

I AM BOUNTY?

I really like it. A lot.

The vocals are impressive too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't it been pretty much revealed that it's Jonna Lee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iamamiwhoami
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The newest video in the saga has been released - 'Y'. Yet another bloody amazing song with an equally fantastic video. It just goes to show that you dont need 100 producers or a stint on the X Factor to make sublime and intricate electronic pop music. I also like how the people behind this clearly dont give a toss about people giving up on it - theyve kept the mystery together for 10 months now. Amazing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is still going on? I've heard of dragging things out before, but sheeeeesh...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tischlampe wrote: »
    This is still going on? I've heard of dragging things out before, but sheeeeesh...

Its not being dragged out though...the whole point is releasing a new video and song every month. Sadly, most people now expect a single then an album withina month otherwise they lose interest. Personally I find it refreshing to look forward to something brand new every month and will be sad when it ends. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe I'm just impatient, but the whole thing started last year, so I'd have expected it to be revealed and over by now. I was more excited when everyone thought it was Christina! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tischlampe wrote: »
    Maybe I'm just impatient, but the whole thing started last year, so I'd have expected it to be revealed and over by now. I was more excited when everyone thought it was Christina! :D

LOL - I still listen to it now and chuckle thinking about how I ever thought Christina could ever be capable of anything remotely like this. Personally I hope that iamamiwhoami never gets 'big'. Its too much of a treat to be spoiled by getting too mainstream. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Did anybody watch the concert last night?? It was brilliant. Well worth the wait :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was utterly UTTERLY amazing! I absolutely love that theyve removed all traces of it from their youtube channel. It also feels like a gift to the community. See, it pays to have patience. :)
  • Options
    glitzgalglitzgal Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    xxSammiexx wrote: »
    Did anybody watch the concert last night?? It was brilliant. Well worth the wait :)

I loved the concert. It was amazing.
  • Options
    Cunny FuntCunny Funt Posts: 1,905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was it then?