Options

Shauns leg

2»

Comments

• Options
    peaches41peaches41 Posts: 5,652
    Forum Member
    I thought Ant and Dec were quite dismissive of Shaun's leg, they should at least have consulted Dr Bob before allowing him to get in with the rats.
  • Options
    super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vicky7 wrote: »
    As soon as Shaun mentioned his leg before he was going into that sauna thing I was surprised Ant and Dec didn't call Bob straight in to take a look at it before allowing him to continue. It should have been covered straight away, scratches or open wound, it doesn't matter, things can still get in to the bloodstream. Especially given Shaun's medical condition, you can never be too careful.

Yes they seemed to ignore what he said and like you say it should have been looked at before continuing the trial
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
    Forum Member
    Yes they seemed to ignore what he said and like you say it should have been looked at before continuing the trial

Yes, they surprised me as Shaun mentioned it during the rat sauna and they said they would get it looked at when he came out but then they never bothered and it was never mentioned. Shauns legs looked a mess with all the blood and i think it was stupid and dangerous to allow him to do the trials as rats can transmit Wiels disease through their urine and Shaun was at serious risk with his open sores.:eek::eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Shaun is one of those people who the critters just love to bite. I feel for him as a fellow sufferer, summer is a misery for me if I don't cover up or use insect repellent.
  • Options
    the teddy bearthe teddy bear Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's interesting that as soon as Ms McKeith decided she didn't want to do a trial and decided to faint or start hyperventilating, they had Dr Bob in with an oxygen mask quicker than you can say Ant and Dec, whereas with Shaun last night they couldn't give a stuff! :mad:

Just goes to show that ITV1 gave a toss about some celebs health and not others and that all they were interested in last night was chasing bloody ratings! :mad:
  • Options
    super bantamssuper bantams Posts: 1,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's interesting that as soon as Ms McKeith decided she didn't want to do a trial and decided to faint or start hyperventilating, they had Dr Bob in with an oxygen mask quicker than you can say Ant and Dec, whereas with Shaun last night they couldn't give a stuff! :mad:

Just goes to show that ITV1 gave a toss about some celebs health and not others and that all they were interested in last night was chasing bloody ratings! :mad:

Its right put me off Ant and Dec - they should have called Bob and stuff the ratings
  • Options
    wolfman321wolfman321 Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    Been there and got the t-shirt, excuse the pun !
    Yeah, he had been bitten on the legs something rotten and had scratched them to bleeding point unfortunately. But, Shaun being Shaun just got on with it and it didn't deter him from doing the final task. The man has got balls of steel !
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    I thought Ant and Dec were somewhat flustered and rushed in the live trial and that's why they didn't behave in the right way. They should've dressed the wound definately.
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wolfman321 wrote: »
    Been there and got the t-shirt, excuse the pun !
    Yeah, he had been bitten on the legs something rotten and had scratched them to bleeding point unfortunately. But, Shaun being Shaun just got on with it and it didn't deter him from doing the final task. The man has got balls of steel !

He really has. I felt so sorry for him, his legs in particular were a real mess and the itching must have been unbearable. But so stoic, never complained or made a big deal out of it or used it to not participate.