Heart GRRRRRR (again !)

Comments

• radioman2radioman2 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or you could ask the boss whether he has a PRS licence to play the radio in the workplace,that way you'd get peace and quiet perhaps<vbg>

Andy B. Ask them to change it over, mate. Other radio stations are available! Maybe other people where you work don't want to listen to it either. If they do like it, then you're going to have to get some ear defenders or develop a taste for Michael Buble!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's remarkable that their very own log proves that the SAME SONG was played TWICE in the main programming segments within 30 MINUTES - yet there was complete denial that the same song was played twice in sequence, once as part of main playlist and again as an advert break filler for DAB listeners in non-Heart areas.

The quote from me is hardly relevant to this situation. The ad break filler songs will almost certainly be back-fill on the playout system rather than scheduled in Selector. Whoever's responsible for the DAB playout should be regularly liaising with the head of music to ensure that the filler songs aren't in regular rotation or used as feature songs. So this is an example of poor communication/coordination between departments, not poor music scheduling.

By the way, I love your hilariously elitist and patronising profile information which reads "Services: COMMERCIAL RADIO = ENTERTAINMENT ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH A VERY LOW I.Q.". My P1 station is Capital and I have a reasonably high IQ of 127, and I'm sure there are people far more intelligent than me who also enjoy commercial radio.
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Buck wrote: »
    The quote from me is hardly relevant to this situation. The ad break filler songs will almost certainly be back-fill on the playout system rather than scheduled in Selector. Whoever's responsible for the DAB playout should be regularly liaising with the head of music to ensure that the filler songs aren't in regular rotation or used as feature songs. So this is an example of poor communication/coordination between departments, not poor music scheduling.

.. but the repetition of Let's Go Round Again wasn't DAB filler.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .. but the repetition of Let's Go Round Again wasn't DAB filler.

Gotcha, I've misunderstood. In that case, it could be human error in the music scheduling.

Or would presenter error or a glitch in the playout system show up on the last 10 songs? Does it capture song titles and artists from the playout system or from Selector?
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Gotcha, I've misunderstood. In that case, it could be human error in the music scheduling.

Or would presenter error or a glitch in the playout system show up on the last 10 songs? Does it capture song titles and artists from the playout system or from Selector?

What i found interesting is there was no mention of the error by the presenter.

Perhaps it was an error in automation?

IF he had mentioned it then it could been made into an ironic thing, but it's almost as if nobody there really noticed what they were actually broadcasting at the time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikw wrote: »
    What i found interesting is there was no mention of the error by the presenter.

Perhaps it was an error in automation?

IF he had mentioned it then it could been made into an ironic thing, but it's almost as if nobody there really noticed what they were actually broadcasting at the time.

Presentation 101: never refer back to mistakes, as it just makes you sound unprofessional. Also, a substantial chunk of the audience may well have turned on just after the cock-up anyway, so you're just needlessly making it apparent to even more people.
  • wckartistwckartist Posts: 1,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

pathetic, no other word to describe it...........i notice, as per usual, the usual subjects are swerving this one:rolleyes:
  • boywonderboywonder Posts: 1,397
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikw wrote: »
    Anybody hear "Club Classics" on Tuesday night between 8-845pm?

"Let's go round again" was played TWICE in 40 minutes!
    :D
    And I suppose you haven't made a mistake recently :rolleyes:
    wckartist wrote: »
    pathetic, no other word to describe it
    The only thing that's pathetic is your constant bashing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    Seems Mike made a bit of a blunder and tuned in to Heart.Does this mean that it's possibly human input allowed at the offending station.There's another myth dispelled then.

boywonder wrote: »

The only thing that's pathetic is your constant bashing.
    Forum Member
    Presentation 101: never refer back to mistakes, as it just makes you sound unprofessional..

Some of the greatest presenters of all time mention their own mistakes!

In fact, mistakes are more memorable than the programmes.

Who doesn't remember the blunders?

It just seems cold, and patronising to assume the listener hasn;t noticed.
    Forum Member
    boywonder wrote: »

Not like that, and if i had i would have stopped it and got out if it in a humurous manner!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was Lets go round again by the Average White Band I'd let it go.... but not if it was Louise's dreadful cover. :D:D:D
  • Joey DeaconJoey Deacon Posts: 3,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it was Lets go round again by the Average White Band I'd let it go.... but not if it was Louise's dreadful cover. :D:D:D

Don't worry. It was the brilliant AWB version. :)
  • bluesdiamondbluesdiamond Posts: 11,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had a look at the online schedule for 25th Dec (on Home Counties), just looks like a rehash of any Saturday, including Nick Snaith who
    Join Nick every Saturday afternoon for more music variety as you shop, relax or get ready to party.

Guess Heart lisiteners are going to be on-line getting the sales bargins!!!
  • radioman2radioman2 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Heart definition of More music variety seems to be simply play the same safe records in a different order if they want to add excitement.

Just had a look at the online schedule for 25th Dec (on Home Counties), just looks like a rehash of any Saturday, including Nick Snaith who
    Join Nick every Saturday afternoon for more music variety as you shop, relax or get ready to party.

Guess Heart lisiteners are going to be on-line getting the sales bargins!!!
  • Allerton ParkAllerton Park Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    What are listening figures like on Christmas Day anyway? There will be some people listening, sure. But nothing like as many as on an ordinary day. Maybe it just isn't worth them bothering to do anything special.
  • PaparazzoPaparazzo Posts: 6,155
    Forum Member
    I like to listen to Bush, Troy & Paulina in the mornings on my phone when on the bus.
  • Paul EastonPaul Easton Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    What are listening figures like on Christmas Day anyway? There will be some people listening, sure. But nothing like as many as on an ordinary day. Maybe it just isn't worth them bothering to do anything special.
    Figures aren't available - Rajar doesn't survey over the Christmas/New Year period. Today (Sun 19th) is the last day of Q4/2010 and fieldwork for Q1/2011 begins on Monday 3rd January.

In any case the 'rolling' nature of Rajar doesn't enable figures to be provided for specific days.
  • Allerton ParkAllerton Park Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    Okay, thanks. That's interesting. So, how do advertisers know whether it's worth paying for slots over this period?
  • ALAN306ALAN306 Posts: 387
    Forum Member
    He listens to a radio station he doesn't like. He's silly end of.

Lots like the Heart station so it has a reason to exist.

Does he have much choice when every adjacent Heritage Commercial Radio Station is HEART.

Lots listen to heart ... there is little other choice in many places
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Heart are doing some shows regarding the noughties!

http://www.heart.co.uk/london/shows/schedule/?date=2010-12-26
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lee277 wrote: »
    I see Heart are doing some shows regarding the noughties!

http://www.heart.co.uk/london/shows/schedule/?date=2010-12-26

Not expecting anything amazing in their Noughties selection box. I imagine lots of soft centres.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way, I love your hilariously elitist and patronising profile information which reads "Services: COMMERCIAL RADIO = ENTERTAINMENT ONLY FOR PEOPLE WITH A VERY LOW I.Q.". My P1 station is Capital and I have a reasonably high IQ of 127, and I'm sure there are people far more intelligent than me who also enjoy commercial radio.

You'd have to have the IQ of a plant to listen to any Global station for any period of time. Period.
  • simon243simon243 Posts: 3,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    You'd have to have the IQ of a plant to listen to any Global station for any period of time. Period.

That's 20 million people you've just insulted. I assume you're one of those elitist snobs who looks down on people who shop at Tesco, go to McDonalds and watch the X Factor. Normal people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simon243 wrote: »
    That's 20 million people you've just insulted. I assume you're one of those elitist snobs who looks down on people who shop at Tesco, go to McDonalds and watch the X Factor. Normal people.

The way some people seem to talk about X-factor are you are sure they are 'normal people'?
    I don't watch it, but people start talking about the contestants, what I think of singer a,b or c, and find it weird that I do not watch it.
    Maybe because I prefer guitar led bands like Queen, Bon Jovi. Oasis, and as far as i know that sort of band don't get on the show.