Options

Madonna just shows how bitter and threatened she is of competition *Video*

13»

Comments

• Options
    GGzSuxGGzSux Posts: 115
    Forum Member
    Also don't forget Lady Gaga lied by saying she had received an e-mail from from Madonna's camp for supporting Born This Way. Lady Gaga also made a very clear dig at Madonna for thanking Whitney Houston as a inspiration behind Born This Way at the MTV Awards.

Yes, I just find her to be a very insincere, bizarre individual and clearly one that's unhinged.
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Madonna/MJ "shade" in BTW is one hell of a reach though, not a fact.

I'm pretty sure she has said that it is herself at the end. A freckled, tearing, gap tooth girl in 90s clobber. It doesn't make sense that it's Madonna, and if she was referencing her you'd think it'd be more obvious.

The MJ reference is there IMO, but it's just a visual nod.

I think its a massive reference to Madonna. Just check the I'll Remember video and since when has Gaga/Stefani ever had a gap between her teeth. Gaga, should realise she has a verrryyyy long way to go before she can be mentioned in the same breath as Madonna and MJ
  • Options
    SavyannahSavyannah Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    GGzSux wrote: »
    So?

I've seen Madonna many times before too and her shows are about as close to perfection as you can get There's really no other artist that comes close.

Every one of them are a spectacular feast for the eyes and ears. Infact, The Blond Ambition tour was the first show which paved the way for others to follow.

Gaga puts together carnival shows for the freaks of society and labels it as "art" when truthfully, they're more of an embarrassment than anything else.

Anyway, full marks for trying. :D

Epic fail, you still don't get it do you?
    I can say exactly the same to you!
    It's called having an opinion, the difference between the two of us is yours is shit!
    Pah i've seen her shows, exposing and groping yourself is all the content she has, at least Gaga has more than that, she's just desperate to cling hold of attention such as showing her breasts, this stunt and putting a swastika on her head.
    The only embarrasment I see here is you and your pathetic life and opinions, it's an F from me, but nice try :P
  • Options
    gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'GGzSux', if you chose that username for any other reason then the obvious, I will eat my hat
  • Options
    TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Savyannah wrote: »
    It's called having an opinion, the difference between the two of us is yours is shit!
    Pah i've seen her shows, exposing and groping yourself is all the content she has, at least Gaga has more than that, she's just desperate to cling hold of attention such as showing her breasts, this stunt and putting a swastika on her head.
    The only embarrasment I see here is you and your pathetic life and opinions, it's an F from me, but nice try :P

What an ill informed and immature post
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    what about christina??? ahaha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Savyannah wrote: »

Pretty hilarious considering Gaga seems to spend every waking moment trying to get people's attention.
    ...and the difference IS, you're speaking as if your opinions are fact when they aren't. Madonna paved the way for female artists of today. She broke down political barriers and fought for gay rights and freedom of expression when nobody else dared...and at a time when they were taboo subjects. Madonna has always dealt with controverial subjects so boobs and swastikas aren't anything new.
    If you weren't around in the 80's you cannot possibly understand how big her global impact was.
    Gaga will never make the same impact because everything's already been addressed by bigger and better artists. She's simply just another pop tartlet who (aside from the bad wigs and crappy dress sense) is really no different from the rest.

...and save your embarrassment for yourself. I'm not the one who stalks people on a regular basis on the internet because my life is so empty. What's wrong, luv. Bullet batteries ran out?
  • Options
    mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GGzSux wrote: »
    Pretty hilarious considering Gaga seems to spend every waking moment trying to get people's attention.
    ...and the difference between us (and let's hope that isn't the ONLY difference) IS, you're speaking as if your opinions are fact when they aren't. Madonna paved the way for female artists of today. She broke down political barriers and fought for gay rights and freedom of expression when nobody else dared...and at a time when they were taboo subjects.
    If you weren't around in the 80's you cannot possibly understand how big her global impact was.
    Gaga will never make the same impact because everything's already been addressed by bigger and better artists. She's simply just another pop tartlet who (aside from the bad wigs and crappy dress sense) is really no different from the rest.

there were female artists that paved the way for madonna as well..pop music didnt start with her in the 80's.

I remember her speaking out for gay rights..but i dont know what you mean when you say she broke down political barriers??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But Madonna is the Quen of Pop.

Quen of pop... well Beyonce is the Queen.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Postbox wrote: »
    Quen of pop... well Beyonce is the Queen.

Beyonce is far from the queen 1 great solo album in an otherwise sea of mediocrity in a 10 year career as a performer and vocalist she is up there otherwise no.

And i agree with another post Madonna is extremely influential but there were other acts in the 80's and before who paved the way just as much if not always in the mainstream you had artists like Kate Bush, Siouxsie Sioux, and Annie Lennox all striving forward artistically, politically and musically and in a roundabout way allowed for Madonna before each great act there is always someone who has gone before its just how progress works and what annoys me about Gaga fans is that they forget that if there were no Madonna it'd be less likley there would be a Gaga so stop hating and just be objective enough to realsie you may not like Madge but you got alot to thank her for.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    I'm not a gaga hater in fact i enjoy her music and Madonna's for that matter. But a clear artistic mind really all i ever see from her is copy and paste from her many idols and influences if she perhaps concentrated on herself and making a decent album she truly could stand along side her idols and become an incredible artist as for now i just get the impression we're getting a cheap novelty act watered down to appeal to the masses that to me is not an artist and its a shame as she has or at least had such promise.

Youve summed up my problem with Gaga. Its the "copy and paste" element to her "art" (God that woman is pretentious!:rolleyes:) She talks about her "art" but frankly its a ill concealed repackaging of elements of Bowie/Madonna/the Factory etc, all nicely done for a younger generation who dont know of the cultural influences she is referring to. Lady Gaga does not feel authentic to me, in a way that someone like Pink does

Her embracing of so called "outsiders" (gay/disabled/unorthodox people etc) I find a little cynical and studied (also, ironically a little safe). Lots of artists have embraced gay rights for example over the last 20-30 years, Gaga is not some trailblazer her Little Monsters perceive her to be, she is basically saying what may before her have said many times, yet she gets credit for it.

The REAL trailblazer, certainly for gay rights, was Madonna, something Little Monsters will be vexed to hear.

ON thiis interview- I dont think Madonna is too bitter here, certainly not to some of the artists (Beyonce/Pink). On the other hand I DO think she is a little lost and possibly resentful these days...
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boddism wrote: »
    Youve summed up my problem with Gaga. Its the "copy and paste" element to her "art" (God that woman is pretentious!:rolleyes:) She talks about her "art" but frankly its a ill concealed repackaging of elements of Bowie/Madonna/the Factory etc, all nicely done for a younger generation who dont know of the cultural influences she is referring to. Lady Gaga does not feel authentic to me, in a way that someone like Pink does

Her embracing of so called "outsiders" (gay/disabled/unorthodox people etc) I find a little cynical and studied (also, ironically a little safe). Lots of artists have embraced gay rights for example over the last 20-30 years, Gaga is not some trailblazer her Little Monsters perceive her to be, she is basically saying what may before her have said many times, yet she gets credit for it.

The REAL trailblazer, certainly for gay rights, was Madonna, something Little Monsters will be vexed to hear.

ON thiis interview- I dont think Madonna is too bitter here, certainly not to some of the artists (Beyonce/Pink). On the other hand I DO think she is a little lost and possibly resentful these days...

I agree i like Gaga but i'm by no means blind to her influences and cold drive and ambition (Which okay is very Madonna :p) you only have to look at Jo Calderone Annie Lennox at the Grammy's that was political that was daring that was being creative there was an aura and a mystery about it with oodles of great music to soak it up and back it up but these monsters are so ignorant, uneducated, or refuse to see that yes Gaga is creative but ultimately she copies and pastes with out due credit to the people before her and all this political motivation does feel cynical and as you said adhering to the Pink pound we have Kylie, or Madonna or Grace Jones or even a gay man like Elton and George ready to stand up and support the cause so perspective :rolleyes:

And yes not bitter but perhaps annoyed people now seem to want her to be old aht and finsh and perhaps shes bored of entertaing the notion's that people have of her and is finding it hard to remain composed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So you're mocking her using a video showing the crowd before the show had actually started.

Refering back to the lame excuse that the venue wasn't full because people were still entering.
    ...here's another during "Scheiße".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BUtlf76SYo
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcn2nsoBFZ1rs3luo.png

Had the crowd already decided to leave, or were they still entering? :o