Banshee -- New Cinemax Series

MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
Forum Member
A trailer for the new Cinemax drama series Banshee (starting January 11/13) has been released. The show is about a criminal who takes over a dead man's identity and becomes the sheriff of a Pennsylvania town/county called Banshee. While sheriff, the fellow carries on his own criminal career and tries to avoid falling victim to criminals he betrayed in his past.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vMPOqzYLwk

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I watched the pilot of this tonight.

Very good for a pilot, IMO. I'm certainly interested enough to keep watching.

Also, gotta love the creative use of a sauce bottle...
  • MoreTearsMoreTears Posts: 7,025
    Forum Member
    The third episode was incredible. If this is a level of quality they can maintain then this series will take its place among the elite US TV series currently going, rather than being just another good show in a long line of good shows we have to choose from these days.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep just got around to watching ep 3. deeply satisfying if somewhat of a guilty pleasure. Good balance between story arc and villain of the week

Nice to have some "boys telly" whilst we await the next season of strike back
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    Yep just got around to watching ep 3. deeply satisfying if somewhat of a guilty pleasure. Good balance between story arc and villain of the week

Nice to have some "boys telly" whilst we await the next season of strike back

More people around here should be watching this. Look at the size of this thread. A disgrace.:)
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    I found this by accident, and have just seen the first episode. It is rather violent, but still a lot better than most shows of its type. Am intrigued enough to stick with it for at least half a dozen episodes. More, if the quality acting/ scripting continues at this high level.
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Couldnt get the orginal trailer link to work so here is another one.

Looks good, going to check that out. No details on a UK airdate yet but this page will have the info if that changes I dare say.
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What channel is it on?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cinemax... in the US.
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Already renewed for a second season.
    Woot. :D
  • SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That fight between Hood and Sanchez was amazing, I loved it when he snapped his fingers then his arm.

I knew Proctor's assistant would end up being psycho.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Excellent news. Will probably strengthen the chances of sky picking it up. Mind you, I'd worry about any UK channel hacking all the fun bits out of it to avoid upsetting oftwrong
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just finished episode one and I love it. It's like Justified crossed with Sons of Anarchy....kinda. This will be one that I will enjoy watching. Lets hope it gets the audience it's deserves, I shall be nagging my mates silly to watch it :D
  • GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,788
    Forum Member
    Really loving this show. I only found it by accident when I was looking for US reviews of The Following.

I'm so glad I did stumble on Banshee it's a real gem of a show and even more so now that there's going to be a second season.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Just watched the 3rd episode and, I have say, I winced at the end of the fight...Lordy that had to smart a bit. Really enjoying the show though.

Has anyone counted the number of boobs shown per episode yet? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the 3rd episode and, I have say, I winced at the end of the fight...Lordy that had to smart a bit. Really enjoying the show though.

Has anyone counted the number of boobs shown per episode yet? :D

No, but I'm happy to try.... Cant help feeling Kai is not going to be too pleased when he finds out what Rebecca gets upto with Hood :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another cracking episode tonight. We were of course treated to obligatory shot of Ms Miličević with no clothes on and for that, I m truely greatful. One nit pick is given the "threat" of Kai Proctor was one police office in a motel room really the best way to guard such a crucial witness ?

Good to see Job turn up at the end :D
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Have to agree cracking episode really enjoying the series not so much the sex bits but the rest of the show makes up for it:D
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you can ignore most of the story & just watch the sex & violence
    Forum Member
    welwynrose wrote: »
    I think you can ignore most of the story & just watch the sex & violence

But all of the "proper drama" stuff is quite interesting. More interesting than it probably has to be to attract an audience, given the attributes that most people would think of note about it. I say line of the year so far goes to the black deputy in episode four who referred to local neo-Nazis in their home environment by saying "This is where the master race collects their unemployment cheques.":D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that the sex scenes are unnecessary...but to be expected given that it's US cable.

Another good episode this week. I was hoping, though, for some info on the heist-gone-wrong at the start. Why was he doing that? What was the painting? Also... surely he left finger-prints behind, as once he put on that cop uniform I think he had no gloves on.
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    But all of the "proper drama" stuff is quite interesting. More interesting than it probably has to be to attract an audience, given the attributes that most people would think of note about it. I say line of the year so far goes to the black deputy in episode four who referred to local neo-Nazis in their home environment by saying "This is where the master race collects their unemployment cheques.":D

I love the story itself as well.

There is plenty in this series to appeal to all tastes in regard to dialogue, sex and violence! But its strength is a good strong story with great characters.
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    MoreTears wrote: »
    I say line of the year so far goes to the black deputy in episode four who referred to local neo-Nazis in their home environment by saying "This is where the master race collects their unemployment cheques.":D

Yes, that was great. Also loved "He's one of us, boys. His wife is white." :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was just having a trawl through this section of GD and found this thread. Am going to give this show a go, looks good :)
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Was just having a trawl through this section of GD and found this thread. Am going to give this show a go, looks good :)

I'm sure you'll enjoy it, it really is a great show.:)