Autumn 2013 - big battle of the current divas

Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
Forum Member
✭✭
I've never known so many big name female artists release albums all around the same time

This later this year we are getting releases from

Lady Gaga
Beyoncé
Britney
Rihanna
Katy Perry

We are also due releases from Kylie and Mariah but I'm not sure where they fit in these days. So left them off the main list.

Its going to be very interesting seeing who comes out on top. They run the risk of cancelling each other out.

I'm most looking forward to Gaga, Beyoncé and Britney's. Britney's sounds very interesting and I'm actually really excited for once about a new album from her!

Comments

• Chris_WaltonChris_Walton Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    Gaga's is gonna be a really interesting record, I think - but I am seriously looking forward to hearing what Britney's stuff with William Orbit is gonna sound like cos I really like him as a producer.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    rihanna :eek:

oh you mean a single :o thought you meant 8th album YIKES :eek:
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are only rumoured to be releasing close together, nothing has actually been confirmed

I think the only albums we are getting among those are likely to be Artpop and the yearly Rihanna album
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    Gaga's is gonna be a really interesting record, I think - but I am seriously looking forward to hearing what Britney's stuff with William Orbit is gonna sound like cos I really like him as a producer.

I didn't know he was working with Britney. Do you know if he is doing the majority of the album or just a couple of songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I think Britney will release hers in March, like she did with Femme Fatale. That album was actually almost done before her label decided to scrap half of it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to Britney, Katy and Gaga's the most. What I've heard about each of those albums sounds very interesting.
  • Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Depending on the quality of material Gaga may burn out quickly like with BTW leaving room or the others. You have to remember she isn't going into this like with BTW the hype isn't there so much and people are a bit weary of her after the whole ''album of the year'' drop in quality fiasco of BTW.

KP of she palys it like Td with stronger material she can easily succeed peopla palm her off but i'd say she's the dark horse.

Britney again depends on quality and lead single could go either way.

Beyonce is beyonce will do well but dobt she will ever top IASF in terms of sales and impact.

Rihanna does what Rihanna does whihc is sell by the bucket load tour and remains an ever constant :p
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    mmeister2 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Britney, Katy and Gaga's the most. What I've heard about each of those albums sounds very interesting.

Same :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's interesting that Will Orbit is working with Britney because he doens't just work with anyone
  • LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    In order of most excited for:
    1. Beyonce
    2. Rihanna
    3. Gaga
    4. (Nicki Minaj if she counts ;))
    5. Britney
    6. Katy
    7. Mariah

I hope Bey's album meets the hype. I hope Rih's album will be a lot darker, idk who she's working with this year but she posted a lot of Rated R photos the other day on Instagram so I'm hoping it'll be in that style. I hope Nicki Minaj and Britney's will avoid club/dance songs.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never known so many big name female artists release albums all around the same time

This later this year we are getting releases from

Lady Gaga
    Beyoncé
    Britney
    Rihanna
    Katy Perry

We are also due releases from Kylie and Mariah but I'm not sure where they fit in these days. So left them off the main list.

Its going to be very interesting seeing who comes out on top. They run the risk of cancelling each other out.

I'm most looking forward to Gaga, Beyoncé and Britney's. Britney's sounds very interesting and I'm actually really excited for once about a new album from her!

Kylie's last studio album Aphrodite sold 320'000 copies in the UK, so I'm not quite sure why you've left her of the list. To put things in perspective Kylie's last set sold more in the UK than Jlo/Cheryl Cole's/Madonna's/Britney's Mariah's last studio albums in the UK.
    Forum Member
    Rihnnah is releasing a new album this year :eek:??

expected it to be next year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    None of these releases are 100% confirmed, though. Obviously, ARTPOP and Beyonce's albums should be ready by now, but there's no confirmed release date for either of these albums.

Anyway, supposing that all of these artists actually release new music before the year ends, I think Katy Perry will slay everybody and establish her position in the industry, although I'm not a big fan. Rihanna will obviously be massive once again and have a huge lead single, but if she wants to fully compete in terms of album sales, she'll need a proper era, like 'Loud'.

Except for these two, I don't think the other "divas" will have surefire success. GaGa and Britney will have an EXTREMELY hard time fitting in. The songs that are currently smashing in the US are 'Blurred Lines', 'Get Lucky' and 'Radioactive'. The only dance pop song that is doing a bit well is 'The Other Side', but I wouldn't call it a smash hit. That being said, Zedd is about to get a hit with 'Clarity' and iirc he's worked with GaGa, so maybe she will make it.

Beyonce and Mariah have the same problem. They took a long break and now the industry has kind of left them behind. They will always sell decent amount of albums, but they both have trouble getting hit singles. The confusion behind Beyonce's lead single is particularly alarming. We all thought she would premiere it at the Superbowl, 5 months ago! Still no news, just random demos and live performances. Her label is obviously looking for a smash hit and so is Mariah's and judging by the silence of both camps, they haven't found it yet.

Kylie will have a good era though, or at least a very interesting one. I hope she finally cracks the US, although with electropop starting to fizzle out, I think it will be difficult.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Britney doesn't have the stage presence to carry through an album era successfully - even if the music is strong she won't be able to physically endure a world tour / promotional campaign and connect with her audiences so i'm sensing another Femme Fatale here but with possibly better music.

Dont know what Beyonces trying to do? At first I thought she was trying to familiarize everyone with the new music by licensing it to various different ad's but her buzz has definitely declined.

Gaga's sound has probably thrown in jeopardy behind the scenes because of the musical landscape changing - can see her getting a HUGE push at the start with all the hype but that fading into not much and a short campaign.

Rihanna is starting to tarnish her reputation by believing her own hype and constantly posting nudes on instagram - can see her first week sales plummeting with the next album.

Im hedging my bets on Katy, universal appeal - stunning girl, adaptable sound and a solid pop songwriter plus the public like her and she has a solid fanbase, can definitely see her doing big things again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    I like Beyonce, but the previewed songs have done nothing for me...so, I'm not really looking forward to her album.

I'm expecting a Teenage Dream 2.0 from Katy. Probably some jams, but nothing to write home about.

Britney has me intrigued because she could have a stellar album on her hands, but I doubt it'll do particularly well if it's exclusively electro and she continues to put in minimal effort. However, Will.I.Am's involvement leaves much to be desired and William Orbit didn't wow me with MDNA, so.

Anticipating the same old from Rihanna - smash lead single and a whothef*ckcares era. After TTT and Unapologetic, they really should try and present a proper album campaign with longevity.

Lady Gaga has me most excited. I like the sound of where she's going with ARTPOP and It'll be interesting to see how she deals with the campaign after BTW. Zedd has confirmed that Gaga isn't making an "EDM" album (although there is "EDM" on it) so being supposedly "off trend" isn't a concern.

I think Gaga, Beyonce and Katy will make their comebacks at the VMAs.

In terms of who will come out on top...I'd wager Katy will have the most #1s, Gaga will sell the most albums and Beyonce will win the most Grammys. Pretty standard stuff.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they all flop.
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,551
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't surprise me if we only end up getting one of these new releases by the end of this year , which will probably be beyonce
    Forum Member
    Zeb Atlas wrote: »
    I hope they all flop.

why ? actually i wouldn't be bothered about rihanna

i hope Katy and Britney do well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry - mine was a throwaway comment. Shouldn't have posted it.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritchie2yk wrote: »
    It wouldn't surprise me if we only end up getting one of these new releases by the end of this year , which will probably be beyonce

Yeah I suppose I should have put a question mark over them but I assumed most are on track for a fall release.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm most excited for Britney, no one else matters when the queen releases, this album is shaping up to be her most experimental, creative and personal to date, the vibe I'm getting is a more modern sounding hip/hop electro version of Blackout, maybe reminiscent of Madonna's Confessions fused with her own In The Zone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    I'm most excited for Beyoncé's. I need another album like I Am... in my life ASAP!
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't reckon Rihanna will do another album this year. As much as I love her I think she needs a year out.
  • GlassBalloonGlassBalloon Posts: 2,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so much Artpop is released this year. I am very sceptical due to lack of news but still... I live in hope :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Lady Gaga has been taking forever with this Artpop album... the hype for the album may have fizzled out when she decides to release it. I heard Ratchet on youtube which is meant to be her, beyonce and azelina banks and at the moment its instrumental but not sure if its genuine but from what I've heard its really good.

Beyonce I'm unsure about after hearing Bow down b*tches, which I thought was dreadful I'm dubious about what she plans to do next.

Britney I am excited about having worked with William Orbit it can only be good... right?

Rihanna - I hope she puts out some proper poppy tunes - although I appreciate Stay and Diamonds I want another We Found Love or The Only Girl in the World kinda of record from her.

Katy Perry I think she will do really well, shes been someone always in the limelight and I think she always gets it right.

Kylie I love, I want her to come back in a big way again... even if it means pulling out gold hotpants! bring back classic pop kylie.