Incoming calls on iOS7

stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
Forum Member
✭✭
If someone calls me who is NOT in my contacts, I get the "slide to answer" screen. If they ARE in my contacts I get the green/red accept/decline buttons instead.

Is this normal behaviour? It seems a little strange to have two different screens for essentially the same task.

Comments

• daleski75daleski75 Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu0rt wrote: »
    If someone calls me who is NOT in my contacts, I get the "slide to answer" screen. If they ARE in my contacts I get the green/red accept/decline buttons instead.

Is this normal behaviour? It seems a little strange to have two different screens for essentially the same task.

I noticed the exact same thing and it's weird behaviour imho and it throws me everytime so no idea why they could not just do green/red for all calls irrespective of if they are in your contacts or not.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member

Ok, here's the deal!!

It makes NO difference if the caller is in your contacts or not! The reason for the change in the answer screens is as follows:

An incoming call whilst your phone is locked will show the 'slide to answer' screen, however, an incoming call whilst your phone is unlocked, will show the green/red answer/decline buttons instead.

;-)
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deans6571 wrote: »
    An incoming call whilst your phone is locked will show the 'slide to answer' screen, however, an incoming call whilst your phone is unlocked, will show the green/red answer/decline buttons instead.

Simply not true, I'm afraid. I never lock my phone and I get exactly the same effect as described above.
  • GrayburnGrayburn Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Simply not true, I'm afraid. I never lock my phone and I get exactly the same effect as described above.

You never ever lock your phone, so the screen is always active...battery performance must be shocking!
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member

....you are mistaken my friend!

It is indeed true.....

For you to say 'you never lock your phone' - thats simply impossible! You are basically stating that you never lock your phone and the screen is constantly lit up - even when its in your pocket/bag/case or whatever?! Sorry - but don't believe that for a second......

This link to a MacRumors post (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1722903) , which I posted when I saw this thread, confirms what I said above. if you are saying i am wrong, then you are also saying everybody else in the other thread is mistaken as well.

;-)
  • stu0rtstu0rt Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, I misunderstood what you meant by "lock". I don't have a PIN set up.

But nevertheless, I am STILL seeing this difference when the phone is just sitting there, not being used. I'm not going to enter into a flame war, especially with someone who calls me "my friend" in that passive-aggressive manner.

I was hoping for an explanation or at least confirmation that it is normal behaviour. I've just walked into a shitstorm instead. Shame on you.
  • Aye UpAye Up Posts: 7,053
    Forum Member
    I have notice this odd quirk not being able to reject calls when it is locked and frankly it's bloody annoying. On iOS 6 the feature was available from the outset.
  • psionicpsionic Posts: 20,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aye Up wrote: »
    I have notice this odd quirk not being able to reject calls when it is locked and frankly it's bloody annoying. On iOS 6 the feature was available from the outset.

Doesn't simply tapping the power button achieve that?
  • RoushRoush Posts: 4,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I misunderstood what you meant by "lock". I don't have a PIN set up.

But nevertheless, I am STILL seeing this difference when the phone is just sitting there, not being used. I'm not going to enter into a flame war, especially with someone who calls me "my friend" in that passive-aggressive manner.

I was hoping for an explanation or at least confirmation that it is normal behaviour. I've just walked into a shitstorm instead. Shame on you.

If your iPhone really is showing different controls for answering calls purely on whether or not the number is stored in your contacts then no, that is not normal.

The different controls between locked and unlocked states IS correct behaviour though.

psionic wrote: »
    Doesn't simply tapping the power button achieve that?

Yeah, it's 2 presses though. The first press silences the ring, and a second press of the sleep / wake button rejects the call.