Options

DS Fantasy Eurovision 67: Strike a pose, Kópavogur. Let Your Body Move to the Music.

Comments

• Options
    aliyah101aliyah101 Posts: 13,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AUSTRALIA!

SWEDEN!

In:

France
    Georgia
    Estonia
    Ukraine
    Monaco
    Denmark
    Ireland
    Azores
    Turkey
    Iran
    Australia
    Sweden

Still waiting:

Bosnia
    Belgium

15. Gotland - 46 (Yoshi94)
    16. Romania - 45 (March Mornings)
    17. Albania - 36 (Gwen 404)
    18. Svalbard - 34 (Acerben) (more top rankings)
    19. Croatia - 34 (alwaysanigel247)
    20. Portugal - 25 (Poshbloke)

The last qualifier is...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BELGIUM!

In:

France
    Georgia
    Estonia
    Ukraine
    Monaco
    Denmark
    Ireland
    Azores
    Turkey
    Iran
    Australia
    Sweden
    Belgium

13. ? - 51
    14. Bosnia - 47 (avb)
    15. Gotland - 46 (Yoshi94)
    16. Romania - 45 (March Mornings)
    17. Albania - 36 (Gwen 404)
    18. Svalbard - 34 (Acerben) (more top rankings)
    19. Croatia - 34 (alwaysanigel247)
    20. Portugal - 25 (Poshbloke)
  • Options
    mikabvmikabv Posts: 4,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NQ Votes:
    5 Romania
    2 Bosnia

Sad for both of those

Wonder if Albania was the song Gwen entered that made her laugh :D
  • Options
    BethnalGreenBethnalGreen Posts: 12,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are a few surprise ones getting through there. Points for non qualifiers:

PORTUGAL: 1
    BOSNIA: 2
    SVALBARD: 10
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would say Zedd is allowed because the songs are Zedd ft. Miriam Bryant (for example), as opposed to just being produced by somebody of Turkish nationality or heritage. He's a title artist as opposed to just a producer, otherwise I doubt he would be allowed. :p

But it's a bit late for anybody to complain about it now! :) Congrats to everybody who got through, INCLUDING the controversial Turkish entrant... and my own entry. ^_^
  • Options
    poshblokeposhbloke Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Non-Qualifiers:

Svalbard 4 pts
    Albania 7 pts
    Romania 12 pts

Both Albania and Romania would have graced any final - cracking finds March and Gwen :(

Didn't expect much from my own song after seeing the draw, one of my favourites but not likely to win many converts among those who don't go for that sort of music especially given some fairly hot competition here. Big well done to those that made it.
  • Options
    March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1 - Qualified
    2 - Qualified
    3 - Qualified
    4 - Qualified
    5 - Qualified
    6 - Albania (5 points)
    7 - Qualified
    8 - Bosnia and Herzegovina (3 points)
    9 - Portugal (2 points)
    10 - Gotland (1 point) << was my 12 in the QF, wore thin by the semis
    11 - Qualified
    12 - Qualified
    13 - Qualified
    14 - Svalbard
    15 - Croatia
    16 - Qualified
    17 - Qualified
    18 - Qualified
    19 - Qualified

My country - Romania - out

Not too sad about Romania not making it, I mean it was nice but this heat was deadly. Generally happy about results, but annoyed that my bottom four all made it through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would say Zedd is allowed because the songs are Zedd ft. Miriam Bryant (for example), as opposed to just being produced by somebody of Turkish nationality or heritage. He's a title artist as opposed to just a producer, otherwise I doubt he would be allowed. :p

But it's a bit late for anybody to complain about it now! :) Congrats to everybody who got through, INCLUDING the controversial Turkish entrant... and my own entry. ^_^

Yeh but they're both doing the same job and that's the principle IMO, but each host may play by different rules. Also songwriters have literally been used as links previously too, so if we're gonna do something then we should perhaps have more concrete rules so these questions aren't raised again.
  • Options
    March MorningsMarch Mornings Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    poshbloke wrote: »
    Non-Qualifiers:

Svalbard 4 pts
    Albania 7 pts
    Romania 12 pts

Both Albania and Romania would have graced any final - cracking finds March and Gwen :(

Didn't expect much from my own song after seeing the draw, one of my favourites but not likely to win many converts among those who don't go for that sort of music especially given some fairly hot competition here. Big well done to those that made it.

Thanks! For what it's worth, Portugal definitely did not deserve last here, thought it was a pretty safe qualifier to be honest.
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Yeh but they're both doing the same job and that's the principle IMO, but each host may play by different rules. Also songwriters have literally been used as links previously too, so if we're gonna do something then we should perhaps have more concrete rules so these questions aren't raised again.

When has a songwriter been used??? I would say the same thing about that, because there's usually so many songwriters featured on famous peoples albums that it'd completely the change the eligibility rules.

Also to follow on i'd say that Zedd is more similar to Avicii/David Guetta/Calvin Harris etc in the sense that they're more than just a producer, but as I said it's too late to debate this now so good luck to Turkey in the final! :D
  • Options
    poshblokeposhbloke Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks! For what it's worth, Portugal definitely did not deserve last here, thought it was a pretty safe qualifier to be honest.

Cheers mate, think that it would have done better a few contests ago - the folky indie style (btw, you pretty much nailed it with Mumford & Sons with added brass section!) seems to have slipped from favour a bit recently.

Overall, lost a couple of my favourites but (SF 2 disasters aside!) it's still looking set for a great final.
  • Options
    yoshi94yoshi94 Posts: 6,200
    Forum Member
    5 points??!! :cry::cry::(
  • Options
    JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    I'm in the final tho

Happy days
  • Options
    Gwen 404Gwen 404 Posts: 3,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mikabv wrote: »
    NQ Votes:
    5 Romania
    2 Bosnia

Sad for both of those

Wonder if Albania was the song Gwen entered that made her laugh :D

no. that was serbia. i think my albanian find is a very beautiful and powerful song, especially after the two minute mark. how is that song funny?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's face it, it was such a tough semi I think most people would have given a lot of the non qualifying countries points in normal circumstances. :( There wasn't a song I disliked amongst them, it's just that I ran out of points to give. Albania was a good find, as was Bosnia etc :)
  • Options
    TerryPTerryP Posts: 11,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    By the way aliyah, I see you have placed Svalbard above Croatia as it got more top rankings. The rule we generally use is the one that gets the most individual votes as that is the rule in Eurovision.

I have no problems with you using it the over way around, but just wanted to make sure you knew the traditional rule in case we have a tie in the other SF for 13th/14th, it may cause some issues with some people. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    aliyah101 wrote: »
    Semi-Final 2

1. SCOTLAND: Good Love After Bad - Carrie Mac
    2. JERSEY: Lost & Found- Lucy Mason
    3. WALES: Stay - Remember August
    4. NORWAY: Critical - Christina Skaar
    5. MACEDONIA: Kaliopi - Poželi
    6. ISRAEL: Holes In The Sky - M83 ft Haim
    7. SHETLAND ISLANDS: Hold on - Twin Atlantic
    8. ITALY: Written In Scars - Jack Savoretti
    9. SAN MARINO: Ghost - Halsey
    10. ANDORRA: El Mismo Sol - Alvaro Soler
    11. AUSTRIA: All of this is you - Rose May
    12. WESTERN ASIA: King of Sabotage - Ferras
    13. ISLE OF MAN: Guessing Game - Paper Aeroplanes
    14. SPAIN: Que has hecho con mi vida - Eva Ruiz
    15. LEBANON: Maria - Faydee
    16. SLOVAKIA: I'm Not Sorry - Celeste Buckingham
    17. LUXEMBOURG: Galaxy - Austinn
    18. THE NETHERLANDS: Cry Like Wolves - MakeBelieve
    19. GERMANY: Holy - PVRIS
    20. UZBEKISTAN: Пересечение - Meseda

SF2 PlAYLIST:

- If you have a country in this SF, you must vote or your country will be disqualified.
    - If you do not have a country in this SF but are taking part in Kópavogur, you are still welcome to vote.
    - Voting is open until 7pm on Saturday 18th July. The top 13 songs will qualify for the final.

Good luck

quoting this to remind people that lines close tomorrow at 7pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    By the way aliyah, I see you have placed Svalbard above Croatia as it got more top rankings. The rule we generally use is the one that gets the most individual votes as that is the rule in Eurovision.

I have no problems with you using it the over way around, but just wanted to make sure you knew the traditional rule in case we have a tie in the other SF for 13th/14th, it may cause some issues with some people. :)

Ahhhh okay, yes I wasn't aware of that :blush:. Svalbard had 8 rankings and Croatia had 7 so i guess it would stay the same ^_^
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eliminated songs points and reviews

5th - 6pts - Albania (10pts in QF2) - Terry in really liking a Gwen song shocker, this must also be a shock to Gwen as I slated this in my original review and was shocked people were liking it when the started to review it. But then I listened to it again when voting, and it clicked with me. It does take a bit of time to get going but when it reaches the big climax it is quite powerful. Sad and a bit surprised it didn't make the final

7th - 4pts - Bosnia & Herzegovina (5pts in QF2) - A fun and catchy little song, sad it only just missed out as I think it would have enhanced the final. The saxophone is a nice touch and I could see this being entered by Bosnia & H to Eurovision when they have one of their crazy years.

11th - 0pts - Svalbard (5pts in QF1) - Did not score points from me in this SF, but it was my 11th so I am sad to see it go out. It was enjoyable and she just had enough different about her to stop her being one of those bland indie chicks (not being blonde probably helped, they always seem to be blonde).

12th - 0pts - Croatia (8pts in QF2) - A big drop in position for me, I really liked this in the QF, but by the SF it had lost it's shine and a little bit forgotten by the end of the playlist. That being said, I am surprised it missed out as people seemed to like it and it was strong for a song sung in Croatian. It was my 12th so was among my qualifiers, so would have liked to see it through.

13th - 0pts - Romania (5pts in QF4) - A nice country style ballad I found, wasn't expecting it to make it through as it didn't get glowing reviews, it's was 13th on my list, but once you added my song it dropped to 14th, so it wasn't one of my qualifiers, though it would have been if it had been placed in the other SF.

14th - 0pts - Portugal (2pts in QF2) - This was nice and sweet too, but once again not too surprised it missed out. It grew on me between the QF and SF, but not enough to make it in my points.

15th - 0pts - Gotland (3pts in QF4) - I am surprised this missed out, thought it would make it through safely. The verses are nice enough but the chorus bugged me big time as I found it quite lazy. The lyrics are pretty lazy too, it's like they chucked together a bunch of cliched sentences and packaged it up in a song. Despite all that I did like this one as well.

So on the whole good results, I only lost 2 of my points scorers, and although my bottom 4 songs all made it through (including the 2 I did not give any points too in the QF), I don't really hate any of them.

Perhaps more importantly for me is that I have 1 song in the final, I had consigned myself to it missing out, especially considering the strength of the SF, so it's a very nice surprise. My song in SF2 I feel should make it through, will probably mean it misses out, lol. But hoping I can make a grand return with a double finalist here. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if we have any surprises in Semi 2 tomorrow?
  • Options
    kvnkvn Posts: 8,782
    Forum Member
    My non qualifying points for that semi final were:

5 to Gotland
    1 to Portugal

I really don't think Portugal deserved last place
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh gwen I gave you 10 points
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Oh gwen I gave you 10 points

10 from you, 6 from me. Maybe the 3 of us are about to enter into a little voting triange (or maybe not :D)
  • Options
    Lurker62Lurker62 Posts: 3,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to come out of lurking to say that I'm very happy I made the final this time. And, that is after getting last places in the QF and SF last contest. :)

On the other hand, I'm very sad that Portugal got last place as it's my most favourite song in this contest. Surprised that it only managed to get 13 more points after my 12.

My non-qualifiers votes:
    12 - Portugal
    8 - Croatia
    4 - Romania
    2 - Bosnia
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryP wrote: »
    10 from you, 6 from me. Maybe the 3 of us are about to enter into a little voting triange (or maybe not :D)

I think the worlds unbalanced my self