Options

Davina's Mum

Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a164101/davina-mccall-my-mum-was-a-big-kid.html

So is this the same Mum who was enquiring about Garnier Nutrisse products?

Advert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yklJOLOlmUs

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They pulled that from subsequent adverts after her mother died...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    I think I remember reading that the lady in the adverts Davina calls "mum", was actually her stepmum.
    As far as Davina was concerned though her stepmum helped bring her up and was indeed a "mum" to her. More than her birth mother anyway.
  • Options
    louise1966louise1966 Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorceress wrote: »
    I think I remember reading that the lady in the adverts Davina calls "mum", was actually her stepmum.
    As far as Davina was concerned though her stepmum helped bring her up and was indeed a "mum" to her. More than her birth mother anyway.

That's correct. I do feel, however, that no matter how her mum treated her, Davina ought to have been more respectful of her mother and a little more dignified, seeing as the woman is now dead.
    I think most people knew how she felt about her, without the need to emphasise it. This doesn't do Davina's reputation any favours.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    louise1966 wrote: »
    That's correct. I do feel, however, that no matter how her mum treated her, Davina ought to have been more respectful of her mother and a little more dignified, seeing as the woman is now dead.
    I think most people knew how she felt about her, without the need to emphasise it. This doesn't do Davina's reputation any favours.

I'm sure we all know the saying 'anyone can be a mother, but it takes someone special to be a mum'. Her mother was a drink and drug fiend, hardly mother material, so no wonder Davina thinks of her stepmum as her real mother.

Davina on WDYTYA
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she was being disrespectful, she actually says some very complimentary things about her birth mother in that article. The fact remains her mother was more interested in getting off her face than looking after her child - no wonder Davina had her own demons to contend with in her teenage years. She's a good example of how well recovery works for some people.
  • Options
    FringoFringo Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    louise1966 wrote: »

She wasn't disrespectful at all - she spoke at times rather fondly but having said that I don't see why she has to be respectful to someone else who showed no respect for her. Just because the woman has died doesn't change the facts. My grandfather was a vile and disgusting man and when he died I didn't change my tune on what I thought about him - in fact on the day of his death I was cock a hoop and went out for a celebration and was very vocal in my dislike of him.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cavegirl79 wrote: »
    They pulled that from subsequent adverts after her mother died...
    All adverts were re-edited
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    i don't see why just cos people have died we all of a sudden have to be respectful to them - if people want to be respected then in life they need to earn it.
  • Options
    soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Garnier ads with Davina make a talentless, repellent and fevered ego appear all the more repellent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I'm glad this has been brought it, it has always bugged me that she did that advert whilst talking about how she never got on with her mother.

I guess money talks! Seems a bit convenient to say it was step mother she was talking to in the adverts.

Made me see her in a different light!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobyMoby77 wrote: »
    I'm glad this has been brought it, it has always bugged me that she did that advert whilst talking about how she never got on with her mother.

I guess money talks! Seems a bit convenient to say it was step mother she was talking to in the adverts.

Made me see her in a different light!

Its ridiculous how people think Davina on the phone to her mum is supposed to be reality. ITS AN ADVERT! Its just a representation, mother and daughter on the phone speaking about hair dye, not Davina on the phone to Florence. Its stupid how seriously some people take it. They haven't snuck into her house and filmed her on the phone you know.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its ridiculous how people think Davina on the phone to her mum is supposed to be reality. ITS AN ADVERT! Its just a representation, mother and daughter on the phone speaking about hair dye, not Davina on the phone to Florence. Its stupid how seriously some people take it. They haven't snuck into her house and filmed her on the phone you know.
    And I bet Davina doesn't dye her own hair either
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I bet Davina doesn't dye her own hair either

I doubt she shops at Argos either but it doesn't mean she can't advertise it. If people are lead to believe that celebs who promote things actually use the product (apart from Kerry Katona :D) then they are incredibly stupid. And if it means that you shouldn't advertise something if you don't use it then the advertising world would be a lot different and probably 'celebless'.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Davina's mum was really beautiful!! Very stunning looking woman!
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    So in the same week Big Brother celebrates it's 9th year, Davina appears on WDYTYA...nice work by her agent.

Saw a trail for it today....I do hope she's not using the programme to work her way into the hearts of the British public so they forget her dreadful chat show, among others.
  • Options
    NicoNico Posts: 1,540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't particularly like davina but i feel for her, having a mother leave you alone in a nightclub, enjoying drink and drugs more than caring for your own child, i don't blame her calling her step mother her mum.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    So in the same week Big Brother celebrates it's 9th year, Davina appears on WDYTYA...nice work by her agent.

Saw a trail for it today....I do hope she's not using the programme to work her way into the hearts of the British public so they forget her dreadful chat show, among others.

What a stupid comment. Firstly, its easy to forget her successes too isn't it ;). Secondly, how would her agent know when the show was going to go out? These things are done months in advance and only rough air times are usually given. And how would her agent know Channel 4 are to have BB on at 9pm on Wednesday 15th June, and that there would be something for the "10th" anniversary?
  • Options
    CMcKinleyCMcKinley Posts: 3,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soilhoof wrote: »
    The Garnier ads with Davina make a talentless, repellent and fevered ego appear all the more repellent.

Thanks for sharing, you feel better now?
  • Options
    soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CMcKinley wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing, you feel better now?

Yes - like, ooh let's see, Oscar Wilde, Peter Cook and Virginia Woolf, I exercise my intellect by exorcising my vitriol.
    The ugliest part of Davina's body is her mind, she has no invention, as her soul=sapping chat show proved and while I do not wish death upon her, she should exile herself from TV or just do zombie dramas.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    What a stupid comment. Firstly, its easy to forget her successes too isn't it ;). Secondly, how would her agent know when the show was going to go out? These things are done months in advance and only rough air times are usually given. And how would her agent know Channel 4 are to have BB on at 9pm on Wednesday 15th June, and that there would be something for the "10th" anniversary?

Her agent has ESP or Sat Nav?

Her new agent has a lot clients associated with ITV and ITV2...maybe she'll get her old job back on X-Factor aka Pop Idol.

Or maybe she'll be found washed up on the shores of the USA....but then she might haunt us on ITV2!

Anyway, what happened to her acting career, who can forget the hysterical sitcom 'Sam's Game'.

Next week will definately be regarded as an opportunity to showcase her presenting and acting skills, fortunately I have to wash by hair that so won't be watching.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Is Davina's mum in the room or in her head?!