Ebay problem - it keeps crashing after it loads up

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
Forum Member
Hello All,

I hope someone can help me here, for last 2 days I can't use Ebay. Once I load the page, it does load up, but then it freezes seconds after and crashes and the message comes up IE has stopped working properly and will have to shut down, then it closes and tries to re-open the Ebay web page but just repeatedly crashes. I have noticed that the tab of the page that tries to load Ebay has a 'green leaf' type symbol on it instead of an ebay symbol. Something strange has occured but how to fix this I do not know.

I have scanned my PC with AVG free and Adaware and scanned and fixed problems with Glary Utilities, but it is still happening. Can anyone help me out here please ?

It would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Caroline XX :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried using a different browser like Firefox?
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you signing in to eBay using a secure page? For the UK it is:

https://signin.ebay.co.uk/

Note the "https" in the URL, and you should also see the little padlock symbol down bottom right when you try to log in.

Had any phishing emails recently? Clicked on a dodgy link in them?

Edit: I think the padlock symbol appears at the top of the page in Internet Explorer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Hello,

Thanks for replies :-) I havn't tried using a different browser yet, but will do if the problem persists. i am just in the middle of doing a very intense scan using Emsisoft Anti-Malware (Free Version) that has already picked up a trojan, which i suspect maybe the problem.

It also looks like it isn't a secure connection, I've never really noticed this before either...hmmmm ?

See what happens after the end of this 'incredibly' long scan I'm doing....will keep you posted.

caz x
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The signing-in page for eBay should be secure, but the ordinary My eBay and listings pages aren't.

If you click on the link in my post above, it should take you to the secure sign-in page. You will at first see a message saying that you're being redirected, but it's just to the actual sign-in page and not to anywhere sinister.
  • Rob22Rob22 Posts: 11,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP - are you an AOL member?

I'm a member of AOL (and a member of ebay) and sometimes AOL doesn't want a bar of ebay.

also, a couple of weeks ago, my AOL wouldn't let me upload pics on facebook - but then I tried internet explorer and it worked perfectly fine.

sometimes it can be the internet company that your with.
    Forum Member
    No I'm with Virgin Media...never had this problem before. Now I've done the scan, it still happens although the 'leaf' symbol that was at the top of the page tab has now gone and the normal ebay name is there. Its very odd.
    I'll have to try a different browser, mozilla, see what happens there.
    I may just unistall my IE8 and re-install after that. Will keep you posted.
    Thanks for help :-)

Caz x
    Forum Member
    Hello,
    Just to finalize this, i'm now using Firefox without any problems....may try IE again soon, may not....as long as I can get into Ebay thats all that matters.

Thanks to everyone who helped me here :-)

Caz x