Comments

• mdoveymdovey Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    It seems quite obvious to me. Clara is clearly
    Omega - well someone had to say it!
  • ea91ea91 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Donna's half-timelord now isn't she, maybe she regenerated into Clara but obviously is unable to "remember" the Doctor. This theory started out as a joke but it kinda makes sense. :p
  • tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she'll be any returning character. It would be nice for her to be the tardis I guess but that probably isn't very likely after Idris last year. So I'm guessing it's likely to be the result of some time event. ALTHOUGH in TIA River said that when she first met the doctor she was young impressionable woman who met a man who knew everything about her. I don't think I want her to be River because then the show wouldn't seem as if the show had moved on. But obviously how come she didn't try and murder him when they met and how come modern River couldn't remember being Clara. So she probably isn't River either (Fingers crossed).
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    I don't think she'll be any returning character. It would be nice for her to be the tardis I guess but that probably isn't very likely after Idris last year. So

Idris is a welsh word. Look up what it means. ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fiery Lord?
  • SamsterSamster Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Idris is also a Prophet in the Islamic faith, was looking for aprophet wasn't he?
  • DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the mystery is that Clara (or whatever her name is/was/will be) is neither a regeneration nor a relative of any character past, present or future, but a new character in her own right.

If previous characters are to return - which would be great, especially Original Series characters - they should just be themselves.
  • nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could Clara exist in all times as a remnant of the Tardis explosion at the end of The Big Bang?

If the light from the Pandorica was spread out to all times maybe part of the Tardis was as well?
  • vampirekvampirek Posts: 4,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There could be several different theories as to who she truely is, only Moffat has the right theory at the moment.

Clara could be a program based on River after the events of the library and can imprint herself on the world.

There is a real Clara somewhere and is being used to trap The Doctor... now that he is going through time and space to find her.

She is part of a plan for the Time Lords to escape their Time Lock.

So far she has helped The Doctor twice, one in making The Daleks forget him and the other to get over the loss of The Ponds. Could it be that at the fall of the Eleventh, he needs to remember her as a way to keep alive? The ultimate companion and ultimate defence... could be possible.
    Forum Member
    I think possibly Clara is a Tardis creation or projection for the Doctor. She is tangibly real but at some point her soul will be subsumed back into the Tardis. Clara herself is only aware of certain things on a sub-conscious level. She will always be there for the Doctor. A companion that never leaves. The Tardis has done this so that he will never be alone or be wrecked by more guilt.
  • delroy14delroy14 Posts: 222
    Forum Member
    DR WHO XMAS SPOILER

Computer Logic And Reasoning Android or Clara. A theory about her being part of the drs imagination a companion that doesn't stay dead the drs Snowman
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clara is like jack. Both are impossible things. 11 fancies her but he should be worried. Dying in the future and past does not bode well for her. Clara might end up having a worse fate then any companion before her.
    Forum Member
    Clara is like jack. Both are impossible things. 11 fancies her but he should be worried. Dying in the future and past does not bode well for her. Clara might end up having a worse fate then any companion before her.

I've been reliably informed that sad is happy for deep people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nanscombe wrote: »
    Could Clara exist in all times as a remnant of the Tardis explosion at the end of The Big Bang?

If the light from the Pandorica was spread out to all times maybe part of the Tardis was as well?

That is actually a very lovely idea. I actually can't think of a better way of her being part of the Tardis. It's completely plausible as well. Possibly could close that arc up nicely by having her defeat the silence.
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

It is also Nigerian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    tomwozhere wrote: »
    That is actually a very lovely idea. I actually can't think of a better way of her being part of the Tardis. It's completely plausible as well. Possibly could close that arc up nicely by having her defeat the silence.

I think shes a trap set by them to get him after river failed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think shes a trap set by them to get him after river failed.

I hope that doesn't happen :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Could Clara have a connection with the Doctors Daughter? as she cameback to life as herself and then stole a spaceship and left saying "Oh, I've got the whole universe: planets to save, civilisations to rescue, creatures to defeat – and an awful lot of running to do." ??????????????????/
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a theory she would be 11 and rivers daughter. Born in stormcage sent to earth and an adoptive family. Goes to find her dad.
    Forum Member
    I can't see Moffatt going the Oedipus route.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    who.me wrote: »
    Could Clara have a connection with the Doctors Daughter?
    Incest - on a kids show :eek::eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Could clara be related to donna as she is half timelord now, who did donna marry??? and did she have any kids
  • RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I seriously doubt Clara is related to any character or storyline from the RTD era.
  • michael37michael37 Posts: 2,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor stopped caring because he never got any thanks from the universe.

The universe needed the doctor to care again.

And then there was Clara.....