Have You Seen A Ufo?

Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm here to plug my UFO Hotline. As part of my paranormal website paranormalflux.com I have set up a phone number for people to report UFO sightings. This is an experiment to see what kind of interest there is and what things people have seen. I don't make any money from it (this is not a business message) but have a keen interest in the paranormal and unknown.

Having said that, UFOs need not be extra terrestrial, however, I would still like to know about them.

Call or text the hotline number and leave a message: 0751 378 4987

For those interested, please pass the number around and see what comes up. I thank you for your time.

Comments

• AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things flying in the sky that I can't identify? Yes, I've see lots.

And is that your mobile number you're giving out or someone else's?
  • Just VogueJust Vogue Posts: 759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello! :)

I don't really want to call you to be quite honest. Thanks for the offer. Although I do have a UFO experience which I can tell you if that helps?

Basically I am an avid star watcher. I was chilling in the garden listening to music when all of a sudden there was a bright sparkle which made its way across the sky. It looked like a meteor but it had a metallic feel to it and therefore I think that it was something made of metal. UFO's are probably made of metal because other planets have metal on them I think.

So what do you say?
  • nethwennethwen Posts: 23,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No :)

• exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Yeah back in '76 and in fact saw four of them .

Brilliant band and Doctor Doctor was their best number IMO.
  • agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Yeah back in '76 and in fact saw four of them .

Brilliant band and Doctor Doctor was their best number IMO.

Ooooh I like that song.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OP, I'm guessing that, as a zany prank or an act of revenge, you have given out someone else's mobile number in the hope that they will be inundated with phone calls/texts about UFOs.

Am I right?
  • FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or it could be a way for the OP to get your number :-/

I might call it from the office tomorrow, you ain't getting my mobile number.
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Vogue wrote: »

I don't really want to call you to be quite honest. Thanks for the offer. Although I do have a UFO experience which I can tell you if that helps?

Basically I am an avid star watcher. I was chilling in the garden listening to music when all of a sudden there was a bright sparkle which made its way across the sky. It looked like a meteor but it had a metallic feel to it and therefore I think that it was something made of metal. UFO's are probably made of metal because other planets have metal on them I think.

So what do you say?

that was a satellite, probably one of the IRIDION series, that traverses over the UK
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Having spent quite some time sat in the desert outside of Groom Lake and Dugway I can safely say that yes I have. Were they alien ships, reverse-engineered alien technology or just some classified black projects? Who knows? What I do know that what I witnessed on many occasions were objects that were both unexplained and flying.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Addisonian wrote: »
    OP, I'm guessing that, as a zany prank or an act of revenge, you have given out someone else's mobile number in the hope that they will be inundated with phone calls/texts about UFOs.

Am I right?

Well the number given matches that on the OP's website, so I think this thread is as he said - a plug.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes regularly in the early to mid 90's, It seemed to do a low fly past at the same place and time after dark every night, It was extremely low and fast and almost silent, At the time we had a RAF base locally and I always suspected it was some sort of secret aircraft/project.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not seen a UFO myself , but I firmly believe in them . Aliens in spacecraft have visited our planet for many years . Starting with the Roswell Incident .
    The Truth is Out There :D
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Yesterday I saw a small brown bird flying. It could have been a sparrow, it might have been some sort of warbler or bunting. Perhaps I mistook the colour, and it might have been a tit.
  • rikstan87rikstan87 Posts: 2,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just Vogue wrote: »

So what do you say?

That was mc donalds , sending there burgers to your local restaurant
  • Dave3622Dave3622 Posts: 1,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here'a an article about UFO's :-

http://fatnewsfeed.com/2011/12/13/orangutans-shed-light-on-obesity-in-people-reuters/

That is one Unfeasibly Fat Orangutan.
  • jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thousands of them. Being neither a plane spotter nor a twitcher,I'm totally unable to identify planes or birds flying overhead.
  • SilvioDanteSilvioDante Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have one in my back garden just now, landed last night and they enquired about B&B options in the area. Sent them packing with a flea in their antennae, hope they come back for their spaceship as its ruining my goddamn lawn!
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe in em myself, but a friend of the family worked at an early warning centre in the 1960s and he claimed to have seen one absolute anomaly on his screen one night, that no-one could explain. (Probably malfunctioning).

My SIL and BIL once burst in one morning, looking really terrified, saying they had been buzzed quite low as they drove along the Leicestershire country lanes - and it went on for quite some time. Even though I saw them minutes later and there was no faking that sort of panic - I still think there is a rational explanation for whatever it was they experienced.

Personally I think its cultural - a folk tale. 17thC accounts of abduction by fairies are remarkably similar to 20thC accounts of alien abduction. Fantasy in other words.
  • RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hogzilla wrote: »
    I don't believe in em myself, but a friend of the family worked at an early warning centre in the 1960s and he claimed to have seen one absolute anomaly on his screen one night, that no-one could explain. (Probably malfunctioning).

My SIL and BIL once burst in one morning, looking really terrified, saying they had been buzzed quite low as they drove along the Leicestershire country lanes - and it went on for quite some time. Even though I saw them minutes later and there was no faking that sort of panic - I still think there is a rational explanation for whatever it was they experienced.

Personally I think its cultural - a folk tale. 17thC accounts of abduction by fairies are remarkably similar to 20thC accounts of alien abduction. Fantasy in other words.

Or the same demonic forces are behind both!
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or the same demonic forces are behind both!

:D

No, just anomalies. I mean, it was very obvious they genuinely believed they'd just seen something so they weren't lying, but... there was probably a rational explanation. Quite flat round there, airfields, during the Cold War, etc.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thoufgt I saw something once but I was also hoping to see somthing strange
  • SunnierSunnier Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is an interesting video of a Ufo filmed in the Devon area,it was filmed in 2011,some said it was too clear to be real!

Here's the video,..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N-hZOyuOd8

:)
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,405
    Forum Member
    Have You Seen A Ufo?

Nope. I've seen planets, comets, a bright sporadic meteor, standard meteor showers and the International Space Station. Weird phenomena do exist and I saw some examples last week on a documentary about weather that featured things like ball lightning and cloud sprites.
  • Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone posting. Firstly, no this is not a prank (if it was it would be a very rubbish one). And secondly, this is not someone else's number. This is a new sim stuck in an old phone (I would never give out a personal number). This is in fact a safety measure for me to use a separate line for this experiment and allows me to simply close it down at some point if I need to.

Thirdly you can contact me via the website( www.paranormalflux.com) and drop an email if you prefer not to text or call. For the most part you will be getting the voicemail which I check everyday but I will be manning the phones at various points in the day.

Hope that clears things up.

PS - I am open minded about it all. Not every sighting will be paranormal/Extra terrestrial related, but I still like to hear about them and I don't judge.
  • Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some posters have remarked that this may be a ploy to obtain phone numbers. I just want to assure you this is not the case. I only want people to contact me regarding their experiences and who are willing to share with me for the purpose of adding to the site. It is not in my interest to do anything with the phone numbers other than to get back to folks regarding UFOs. I promise this not not a scam. I've been a member on DS for over 10 years so not some newbie scammer. :eek:

You can also email the website if you prefer not to call, as I have mentioned. it is really down to the individual how best to proceed. All I will say is I look forward to hearing from genuinely interested people with a story to tell.