Options

Tamera Foster to Stay on X Factor. Show Spokesperson Confirms

13»

Comments

• Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    The reason that I have a problem with this is that it seems to be pretty much the same situation as Emily from a few years back (history of violence, posing with weopns etc.) and Emily was kicked off. The precedent has been set.

If they keep Tamera, then they're sending a message that they'll kick off the Emilys and the Cocozzas [slightly different circumstances, but...], because lets be honest, they were both crap anyway, but as soon as a genuinely talented girl does it then they'll hush it up. It's double standards, and it's the wrong message to put out - you can get away with anything if you're talented.

Don't get me wrong - I'm personally of the opinion that whatveer you do off the stage should stay off the stage: just because Shiverz was a nasty little thug, or Frankie was a druggie, or Misha and Baloney (allegedly) vile to other contestants... None of that should matter, and people should come and go purely on their performances. I don't think *anyone* should be kicked off for stuff based in the past or on their personalities.

But once they've done it once, they really need to keep consistant, which is why this leaves a nasty taste.
  • Options
    jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The reason that I have a problem with this is that it seems to be pretty much the same situation as Emily from a few years back (history of violence, posing with weopns etc.) and Emily was kicked off. The precedent has been set.

If they keep Tamera, then they're sending a message that they'll kick off the Emilys and the Cocozzas [slightly different circumstances, but...], because lets be honest, they were both crap anyway, but as soon as a genuinely talented girl does it then they'll hush it up. It's double standards, and it's the wrong message to put out - you can get away with anything if you're talented.

Don't get me wrong - I'm personally of the opinion that whatveer you do off the stage should stay off the stage: just because Shiverz was a nasty little thug, or Frankie was a druggie, or Misha and Baloney (allegedly) vile to other contestants... None of that should matter, and people should come and go purely on their performances. I don't think *anyone* should be kicked off for stuff based in the past or on their personalities.

But once they've done it once, they really need to keep consistant, which is why this leaves a nasty taste.

You are all heart.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are all heart.

Are you related to Tamera, or a friend? You take the meaning of the word "obsession" to a whole new, very worrying level...
  • Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    To be fair, I expressly said that I don't think that they should ban ANYONE from the show for off-site stuff, but since they've done it before (to someone much younger and with serious health issues) I just think they should have some consistency with their policy, rather than sending out a damaging "You can get away with what you want so long as you can sing well enough" message.

But, no, you're right, I'm just a heartless anti-Tamera bastard, obviously.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    For heavens sake, we all have pasts, give the girl a chance.

We would never have got a lot of modern music without "bad" boys and girls.
    Show me one world star that has a pure, innocent past or present and I won't believe it.
  • Options
    Elle94Elle94 Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing that annoys me about this forum is that....someone like Cher Lloyd, Danyl or Misha B show one ounce of being over confident or whatever and a story like this comes out about them everyone believes it and they all get hated on here. However, when it's a forum favourite such as Tamera, it's "She deserves a chance", "She has had a troubled past". I mean, really? Millions around the world have troubled pasts they dont take drugs and bully people?

Misha was branded a bully for the whole competition, I wouldn't be surprised if people forget about this within the next 4 days -__-
    Good post
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Osusana wrote: »
    For heavens sake, we all have pasts, give the girl a chance.

We would never have got a lot of modern music without "bad" boys and girls.
    Show me one world star that has a pure, innocent past or present and I won't believe it.

How about you create us a list of stars that have been violently abusive to others and found fame, instead of asking us to do the legwork here?

Sure, we all have a past, although I'll go out on a limb and say the majority of us haven't beaten anyone up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    speedbunny wrote: »
    How about you create us a list of stars that have been violently abusive to others and found fame, instead of asking us to do the legwork here?

Sure, we all have a past, although I'll go out on a limb and say the majority of us haven't beaten anyone up.

Just about all the rap/ hip hop stars for a start.
    Busy today but will try and post it later, not sure DS will let me upload a huge file but I will give it a go.
    Interesting how all of you are prepared to buy one side of a story. Hope you all never get selected for jury service.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Busy today but will try and post it later, not sure DS will let me upload a huge file but I will give it a go.
    Interesting how all of you are prepared to buy one side of a story. Hope you all never get selected for jury service.

So true.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

Well since she apologised for her behaviour it would seem that she accepts responsibility. But don't let that stop your fanboy arguments that it is all a set up by the press.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Daewos wrote: »
    Well since she apologised for her behaviour it would seem that she accepts responsibility. But don't let that stop your fanboy arguments that it is all a set up by the press.

Not a fanboy, I'm female for a start.
    Never said it never happened btw, just annoyed at all those quick to judge........
    As if the press never set anyone up/post one side of a story/ bug telephones/ set people up with fake interviews..........................wait a minute..............guilty of all, those.
    Believe anything you see in the papers, especially the red tops and you need to get a reality check.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not a fanboy, I'm female for a start.
    Never said it never happened btw, just annoyed at all those quick to judge........
    As if the press never set anyone up/post one side of a story/ bug telephones/ set people up with fake interviews..........................wait a minute..............guilty of all, those.
    Believe anything you see in the papers, especially the red tops and you need to get a reality check.

Agree with you on those points. I guess some people are very easily taken in by what they read in the papers without finding out both sides of the story.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    Agree with you on those points. I guess some people are very easily taken in by what they read in the papers without finding out both sides of the story.

So please explain to us all then - why has she apologised? Seriously, your level of delusion is scary. :eek: She apologised because she accepted she was in the wrong. Accept it. :rolleyes: