Don't eat my food then!

trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
Forum Member
✭✭
Can't believe Jim told Linda to to stop eating dinner due to their disagreement. Very controlling behaviour. Can't stand Linda, but I'm glad she stood her ground.

Controlling the kitchen/food was a tactic exploited by Carol/e BB8. ;)

His game seems to crumbling quite rapidly. The slip-ups are occurring daily.

Comments

• chavetchavet Posts: 2,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm... I wonder if anyone's ever told Jim he can't eat their food? I guess that would be controlling. Has anyone done that?
  • docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    I think you got that backwards. Let's be clear, I've disliked him for years but Linda is making him look good.
  • DevonDevon Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't believe Jim told Linda to to stop eating dinner due to their disagreement. Very controlling behaviour. Can't stand Linda, but I'm glad she stood her ground.

yeah, I think that is Jims problem .... he is a controller & he comes to blows with Linda & Luisa, especially, because neither of them are ever going to allow him to control them
  • Skip65Skip65 Posts: 1,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Don't know what show your watching,if anything I would say he is getting more popular.
  • trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    docman wrote: »
    I think you got that backwards. Let's be clear, I've disliked him for years but Linda is making him look good.

In most other instances I wholeheartedly agree, not tonight though.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think the point was after Linda saying don't be nice to me as I don't want to be nice to you, Jim was being nice by cooking her food, even though she has made /given him nothing but a headache, why would she eat the food the prepared and made for him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Skip65 wrote: »
    Don't know what show your watching,if anything I would say he is getting more popular.

Jim is very popular and I think he will win. I don't understand what that has to do with this thread. :confused:
  • muggins14muggins14 Posts: 61,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In most other instances I wholeheartedly agree, not tonight though.
    Judging by twitter I'd say he is gaining momentum because of way she is acting. 'No Linda' was trending earlier lol
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do people not pay attention to the show or something ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kay2000 wrote: »
    Think the point was after Linda saying don't be nice to me as I don't want to be nice to you, Jim was being nice by cooking her food, even though she has made /given him nothing but a headache, why would she eat the food the prepared and made for him.

Is Jim suggesting he should be able to control who eats a meal in there if he cooks it? That's very strange...

WTF. :blush:
  • MrJamGdMrJamGd Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree, Linda doesn't want Jim being nice to her and after that she went into the bedroom going on about how she didn't want him to cook her food (didn't notice it on HL). I agreed, if she can't accept a knife from him she shouldn't accept dinner from him either ;)
  • Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You must be the only person who thinks that OP. Majority of people thought Jim was right.
  • Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jim was not being 'controlling' in the slightest. The very mention of it is laughable.

Jim was simply stating that if Linda did not want him to be nice to her at all then why didn't that include her refusing to eat any food he had cooked for her. He was pointing out that her principles only go as far as her own convenience because as soon as her principles required her to cook her own meal rather than accept one from Jim then she suddenly didn't see a need to refuse Jim's cooking. Hypocrisy, plain and simple.
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes OP I think you missed the point a little :)
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Kay2000 wrote: »

That's obviously exactly what he meant but certain people are choosing to act ignorant towards it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is Jim suggesting he should be able to control who eats a meal in there if he cooks it? That's very strange...

WTF. :blush:

Yeah, that's very strange. Imagine what it'd be like if someone was the cause of the house being put on basic rations and then refused to cook for two of the housemates.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2540169/Celebrity-Big-Brother-Lionel-Blair-blasts-Luisa-Zissman-finding-rule-breaking.html
  • Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    Lionel said that Jim likes to control everything and be in charge. He obviously likes to take charge of the kitchen ..........I don't think he has the right to shove it in peoples faces and tell them how nice he's being. I suspect he's commandeered that position to ingratiate himself with everyone ......it doesn't really work IMO if you tell people how nice you are for doing it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Daemon666 wrote: »
    Jim was not being 'controlling' in the slightest. The very mention of it is laughable.

Jim was simply stating that if Linda did not want him to be nice to her at all then why didn't that include her refusing to eat any food he had cooked for her. He was pointing out that her principles only go as far as her own convenience because as soon as her principles required her to cook her own meal rather than accept one from Jim then she suddenly didn't see a need to refuse Jim's cooking. Hypocrisy, plain and simple.

There's a pattern to Jim's behaviour. He often chastises other housemates for how they cook. He even went as far to embarrassingly demonstrate to (I think) Ollie and Dappy how to cook something. Also taking over from Luisa and criticising what she was doing.

It's a subtle undercurrent of control, and this wasn't an isolated incident. Need I mention cherry brandy, starvation solidarity and all those other things, too.,?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,760
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is funny. Jim should look on here for new material.

He meant his food as in he cooked it. She can't take a knife but can stuff her fat face with the food he's had his hands all over. What a hypocritical twisted old bat.
  • Daemon666Daemon666 Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chavet wrote: »
    Yeah, that's very strange. Imagine what it'd be like if someone was the cause of the house being put on basic rations and then refused to cook for two of the housemates.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2540169/Celebrity-Big-Brother-Lionel-Blair-blasts-Luisa-Zissman-finding-rule-breaking.html

He wasn't suggesting that he should control who eat the food he cooked. That is a gross misrepresentation of the argument. He was questioning her CHOICE to eat the food Jim had prepared as hypocritical. NOT implying that he could decide for her.
  • Truth TellerTruth Teller Posts: 9,126
    Forum Member

That's what I saw. Also it was interesting he mentioned that she has never coooked, or made anything for him the whole time he has been in the house - not even a cup of tea! She just keeps at him:(
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D I really do enjoy your versions of what happened ...they are so funny ...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He wasn't suggesting that he should control who eat the food he cooked. That is a gross misrepresentation of the argument. He was questioning her CHOICE to eat the food Jim had prepared as hypocritical. NOT implying that he could decide for her.

I'm not disagreeing with that even slightly, if you look at the article in the link. I'm trying to draw the OP's attention to the glaring hypocrisy of his comments in relation to Jim.
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    There's a pattern to Jim's behaviour. He often chastises other housemates for how they cook. He even went as far to embarrassingly demonstrate to (I think) Ollie and Dappy how to cook something. Also taking over from Luisa and criticising what she was doing.

It's a subtle undercurrent of control, and this wasn't an isolated incident. Need I mention cherry brandy, starvation solidarity and all those other things, too.,?

It looked like Luisa was pouring half a ton of salt over the spuds, so she needed stopping.
  • Val_BeamVal_Beam Posts: 3,810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chavet wrote: »
    Hmm... I wonder if anyone's ever told Jim he can't eat their food? I guess that would be controlling. Has anyone done that?
    Didn't luisa not want him to drink that tea that she made out of used teabags...He's not having any,or words to that affect.