Gunman in Plymouth attempts to rob - gets killed by members of the public

Comments

• GiovanGiovan Posts: 747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Blimey. Is this fuss about nothing still going on?

It was a good example of the local community helping each other.

Doesn't look like anyone inside the shop has put anything on You Tube. :( I would have been filming everything if I was there. :)

My word, you want to see him die on camera now.
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted.
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Teapot wrote: »
    It would figure James and not sure if I'd make the first move but I am a bit nutty :o

I'm going to make a pathetic comment but one that I have held all day and that is that I believe there is some kind of romanticist thing about robbers, I thought of Dick Turpin and things like the Great Train Robbery.........both turned into books and films, it's like there is some kind of acceptance that people rob and threaten with guns and such. The Kray twins too. I know I warble but I know what I mean ;)

I don't know why. They are just like anyone else really. There are some nice ones and some less nice ones. I don't know why they are special?
  • Mrs TeapotMrs Teapot Posts: 124,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never Nude wrote: »
    Of course you are right, that is just my thoughts as someone who is currently lounging in bed and drinking tea and whose only threat is the grumpy cat on my lap. As I said before people do extreme things when they feel their lives are threatened

I'm on me sofa with my legs curled up and having a bevy ;)

I sit on a train each day and listen to the advice that is always given out and wonder what I would do if there was some nuttah with a bomb :o. The chances are it will not happen but some little bit of my brain wants to be the hero :o I do however have noted each and every way out of the train and know where all the little hammers are :D and would be the first out............after children of course
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Giovan wrote: »
    To be honest, I would probably glance up from my betting slip and think "oh, a robbery" and then go back to filling it in.:D

:D:D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would figure James and not sure if I'd make the first move but I am a bit nutty :o

I'm going to make a pathetic comment but one that I have held all day and that is that I believe there is some kind of romanticist thing about robbers, I thought of Dick Turpin and things like the Great Train Robbery.........both turned into books and films, it's like there is some kind of acceptance that people rob and threaten with guns and such. The Kray twins too. I know I warble but I know what I mean ;)

I don't think its pathetic at all, I think what you are saying has a lot of truth in it, do think we romanticise crime and criminals themselves, look at all the marriage offers Ted Bundy got for instance :eek:
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ex-heroine addict,.
    Yeah, that's a really perverse condition.
    Where are you getting the lung thing from?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why. They are just like anyone else really. There are some nice ones and some less nice ones. I don't know why they are special?

Nor me but there seems at times to be some kind of 'love and admiration' for people who rob, kill and maim.

I will not watch the Kray Twins and films like that

I have diversified, my apols
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm on me sofa with my legs curled up and having a bevy ;)

I sit on a train each day and listen to the advice that is always given out and wonder what I would do if there was some nuttah with a bomb :o. The chances are it will not happen but some little bit of my brain wants to be the hero :o I do however have noted each and every way out of the train and know where all the little hammers are :D and would be the first out............after children of course

I'm just going to come straight out and say it, I would be a complete coward. I would probably step over the children's heads in order to get away :o:cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think its pathetic at all, I think what you are saying has a lot of truth in it, do think we romanticise crime and criminals themselves, look at all the marriage offers Ted Bundy got for instance :eek:

I think there is a truth in it, we see some kind of drama and a need for sensationalism just a shame about the victims

I am going to have flaming nightmares aren't I :o;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to come straight out and say it, I would be a complete coward. I would probably step over the children's heads in order to get away :o:cool:

I'm not meant to be screaming laughing here am I? :D:D
  • kochspostulateskochspostulates Posts: 3,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there is a truth in it, we see some kind of drama and a need for sensationalism just a shame about the victims

I think you ought to meet some. Come to work with me one day?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think its always been there, we have always had a morbid fascination with these things.

If I dream about the Kray Twins tonight I am so blaming you! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think you ought to meet some. Come to work with me one day?

I would do, are you in a prison? I think you may have said that
  • Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    I thought Ladbrokes offered a bet on anything... :D

That like that line from the film snatch when they try to rob the bookies all bets are off ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would do, are you in a prison? I think you may have said that

Me to, should we organise a field trip?? I will make some packed lunches, everyone choose a buddy!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think its always been there, we have always had a morbid fascination with these things.

If I dream about the Kray Twins tonight I am so blaming you! :p

If I find a horses head in my bed your dead :eek::D

But your right NN we do have a morbid fascination, I will not say I go along with it as I like to think away from it. We should never make bad people hero's, not a good thing
  • brillopadbrillopad Posts: 3,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ovalteenie wrote: »
    "he was a generous guy who would give you his last 50p"... And I'm sure he also helps little old ladies across the road... :rolleyes:

Considering that he was a career criminal the 50p probably wasn't his to give away.
  • brillopadbrillopad Posts: 3,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a really perverse condition.
    Where are you getting the lung thing from?

Local paper says he had shadow on lung xray.
  • VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't agree more.

But there are people in this thread celebrating his death. Completely sick, And then they call me a troll.

You? :eek::eek::eek:

A troll? :eek::eek::eek:

Where on earth have people got that from? :eek::eek::eek:

:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me to, should we organise a field trip?? I will make some packed lunches, everyone choose a buddy!

I hate being serious but I would love to do it as I'd like to see how much education played a part in prisoners ending up spending time :o

Can I have salmon butties :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VisionMan1 wrote: »
    You? :eek::eek::eek:

A troll? :eek::eek::eek:

Where on earth have people got that from? :eek::eek::eek:

:rolleyes:

I dunno, Mas. Where have they got it from? I like a good debate that's all.
  • habbyhabby Posts: 10,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My word, you want to see him die on camera now.

Well people film anything these days.
  • VisionMan1VisionMan1 Posts: 2,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno, Mas. Where have they got it from? I like a good debate that's all.

:eek::eek::eek:

Like to incite forum users, more like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    habby wrote: »
    Well people film anything these days.

Yeah because they know theres a sick market for it.