Options

Talksport Chat (Part 11)

Comments

• Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    It's only approximate Billy but between 7.45 and 8.15 (perhaps a little later). Hope that helps. Stubbs went very easy on him.

Are you posting from on the Tube Ven, on you way home from work ?.......... I must say you are keen ! :p
  • Options
    VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you posting from on the Tube Ven, on you way home from work ?.......... I must say you are keen ! :p

I am actually sitting at my desk Sleeps ... working .. :p
  • Options
    old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Billy244 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind hearing the bit of yesterday's breakfast show when apparently Stubbs was trying to get Irani out of his Roy Keane/Alf Inge-Haaland incident embarrassment but I haven't a clue what time it went out and there's no way am I listening to 4 hours of boring as hell Stubbs and Billy Liar to get it does anyone have any idea what time approximately it went out on air so I can quicklyish find it?.

If you bothered reading my post and stop cuddling up to Gouldfather you might be able to hear it.Its next door Barca has posted the clip "Irani lying about lying"
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies, I've only dipped in for 3 minutes here and there over the last 48 hours, but I've not one hint of a discussion on the Lions squad at all in that time. Around the ads just a snippet of headline but no phone in or actual discussion.

With all respect Aston Villa and Borussia Dortmund matches being given a couple of hours plus, of discussion seemed a bit skewed, or have I been on at the wrong time?
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies, I've only dipped in for 3 minutes here and there over the last 48 hours, but I've not one hint of a discussion on the Lions squad at all in that time. Around the ads just a snippet of headline but no phone in or actual discussion.

With all respect Aston Villa and Borussia Dortmund matches being given a couple of hours plus, of discussion seemed a bit skewed, or have I been on at the wrong time?

Seems like you've been listening at the wrong time. As I type this, Mark Saggers has just finished interviewing Gareth Edwards about the Lions squad on tonight's Kick Off.

The Keys & Gray show had a heavy focus on the Lions squad announcement. They took a clean audio feed of Andy Irvine and Warren Gatland's announcement from 11am and had Andrew McKenna (who has been confirmed as their Lions commentator today) and Shane Williams reporting from The Hilton hotel it was taking place in. K&G interviewed Warren Gatland on their show, Macca interviewed Sam Warburton and Hawksbee & Jacobs spoke to Brian Moore on their show. So they've been giving it plenty of coverage.
  • Options
    HowjoHowjo Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    there was a discussion about the Lions tour around 11:00 this morning on Keyes and Gray ,

hope that helps Cissy
  • Options
    old oakold oak Posts: 953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems like you've been listening at the wrong time. As I type this, Mark Saggers has just finished interviewing Gareth Edwards about the Lions squad on tonight's Kick Off.

The Keys & Gray show had a heavy focus on the Lions squad announcement. They took a clean audio feed of Andy Irvine and Warren Gatland's announcement from 11am and had Andrew McKenna (who has been confirmed as their Lions commentator today) and Shane Williams reporting from The Hilton hotel it was taking place in. K&G interviewed Warren Gatland on their show, Macca interviewed Sam Warburton and Hawksbee & Jacobs spoke to Brian Moore on their show. So they've been giving it plenty of coverage.

There has been more rugby than football this afternoon and its amazing how more professional TS presenters are when interviewing rugby people especially Durham.
  • Options
    jackyorkjackyork Posts: 6,608
    Forum Member

Durham & Gough were also discussing the Welsh, sorry i mean British Lions selection.;):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    old oak wrote: »
    There has been more rugby than football this afternoon and its amazing how more professional TS presenters are when interviewing rugby people especially Durham.

I thought the same, in fairness Durham and Gough definitely done their homework, not that I know anything about Rugby.

I think the station has missed a trick regarding the Lions selection today, instead of the usual shows they should have dedicated the afternoon show and Drive and had some professional rugby people discussing the selection after all they are covering the tour live.:confused:
  • Options
    Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fair enough, I listened in at lunch time today a couple of different times and then for a bit tonight between 19:00-19:30 and was just Houghton talking about Dortmund, (as well as a bit yesterday) but good to see it has been covered and by the sound of it better than SSN who made a right arse of it - albeit some of that was trying to detail the squad whilst it was being announced.

I was going to ask too about the radio coverage, given they did the RWC - and I whilst I don't like TS as a station they did a pretty decent job of it, commentaries particularly.

So they have all 10 games live and the BBC nothing then?
  • Options
    gouldfathergouldfather Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good early morning TalkSport bonvivants:)

Another great day on TalkSport yesterday.

After an epic Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast with Ronnie Irani with guest host Danny Kelly, it was all rugby with Keys and Gray and I enjoyed it despite not being a rugby fan. I don't mind what the subject is because the guests on Keys and Gray are always interesting and enrich my knowledge of a sporting subject.

The interview with Trevor Burch was fascinating and showed some amazing insight into the Abramovich takeover of my beloved Chelsea FC. Well done boys on another brilliant interview!:)

H&J (Hawksbee and Jacobs) was a well tried mixture of sporting talk and banter and I loved most of it.

I was surprised and pleasently surprised at the rugby focus on DriveTime but Adrian and Goughie pulled it off superbly and segwayed into a wonderful debate about the future of Arsenal FC later inthe programme which was fascinating.

I must confess I didn't hear much of Kick Off slot because I was watching Real Madrid against Borussia Dortmund but I loved hearing about all the fallout on the Andy Goldstein SportsBar with Jason Cundy after the final whistle. Notably was the debate centering around Jose Mourinho's comments regarding returning to a 'familiar and loved club in England' Please Please Jose come back!!!:D

The SportsBar also introduced a funny and witty new character called Crocodile Cundee (this is a play on the Paul Hogan character Crocodile Dundee and the Chelsea legend and TalkSport stalwart Jason 'funboy' Cundy) which I enjoyed and I think we will see more of this character.

Mike Graham is now analysing the Lions lineup and it is also interesting despite my apathy towards rugby in general.

All in all, another great day on TalkSport so keep it up guys. I know you read this and I just want you to know how much we appreciate your great work out there!:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good early morning TalkSport bonvivants:)

Another great day on TalkSport yesterday.

After an epic Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast with Ronnie Irani with guest host Danny Kelly, it was all rugby with Keys and Gray and I enjoyed it despite not being a rugby fan. I don't mind what the subject is because the guests on Keys and Gray are always interesting and enrich my knowledge of a sporting subject.

The interview with Trevor Burch was fascinating and showed some amazing insight into the Abramovich takeover of my beloved Chelsea FC. Well done boys on another brilliant interview!:)

H&J (Hawksbee and Jacobs) was a well tried mixture of sporting talk and banter and I loved most of it.

I was surprised and pleasently surprised at the rugby focus on DriveTime but Adrian and Goughie pulled it off superbly and segwayed into a wonderful debate about the future of Arsenal FC later inthe programme which was fascinating.

I must confess I didn't hear much of Kick Off slot because I was watching Real Madrid against Borussia Dortmund but I loved hearing about all the fallout on the Andy Goldstein SportsBar with Jason Cundy after the final whistle. Notably was the debate centering around Jose Mourinho's comments regarding returning to a 'familiar and loved club in England' Please Please Jose come back!!!:D

The SportsBar also introduced a funny and witty new character called Crocodile Cundee (this is a play on the Paul Hogan character Crocodile Dundee and the Chelsea legend and TalkSport stalwart Jason 'funboy' Cundy) which I enjoyed and I think we will see more of this character.

Mike Graham is now analysing the Lions lineup and it is also interesting despite my apathy towards rugby in general.

All in all, another great day on TalkSport so keep it up guys. I know you read this and I just want you to know how much we appreciate your great work out there!:)

Speak for your f--king self Goldie.:D
  • Options
    The DifferenceThe Difference Posts: 21,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was going to ask too about the radio coverage, given they did the RWC - and I whilst I don't like TS as a station they did a pretty decent job of it, commentaries particularly.

So they have all 10 games live and the BBC nothing then?

Yes, talkSPORT's Rugby World Cup coverage sounded excellent in my opinion and seemed to be very well received critically, both on this forum and in the media assessments of it that I read at the time.

talkSPORT will be doing full live commentaries on all of the ten Lions tour games on an exclusive national radio basis. Radio 5 Live don't have any commentary rights and neither will the BBC nations stations in the Celtic countries I believe. At the RWC two years ago, BBC Radio Cymru had Welsh language commentary rights to the Wales games, this summer I don't think they have commentary rights but talkSPORT's sister station Swansea Sound will be doing (English language) commentary on the three Lions Test matches.

In my opinion, the Lions tour is a better fit for talkSPORT than it is for 5 Live given the respective remits of the stations - talkSPORT can devote a whole day to sports coverage while 5 Live on a weekday have to provide a certain amount of hours to non-sport content. In 2009, while all three Test matches were live on 5 Live, due to the 6pm kick-off times, 5 Live only provided second half commentary, if that, on the midweek tour games. This will be the first time that every game of a Lions tour is covered live as a full commentary on national analogue radio (although in 2005 the BBC did put full commentary on all of the tour games in New Zealand on Radio 5 Live Sports Extra).

As for talkSPORT's coverage team, Mark Saggers actually confirmed most of it last night on Kick Off after his interview with Gareth Edwards.

Saggers will be their lead anchorman and will be hosting the Weekend Sports Breakfast during the tour with Brian Moore. Andrew McKenna will be the lead commentator on every match and he'll be joined by co-commentators and pundits including Moore, David Campese, Shane Williams, Sir Ian McGeechan, Michael Lynagh, Sean Holley and John Taylor. Mike Bovill will be in Australia during the early stages of the tour, although I'm not sure whether that'll be as a presenter, reporter or producer (or if he'll fulfil all three roles as he did in New Zealand during the RWC). Jason Harris and Michael Owen will be Swansea Sound's commentary team for the Test matches so we might hear them on talkSPORT during the warm-up games. There could also be room for an additional reporter(s), possibly Roger Hughes and/or Russell Hargreaves who were involved in their RWC coverage and it wouldn't surprise me if a few more pundits (possibly an Irish voice or two) are confirmed closer to the start of the tour.
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    airrbag wrote: »
    "................................is there any way to campaign for this jackass to be ejected forthwith from the morning show? I would abuse him on Twitter except I would get blocked immediately and I like Twitter! Probably the best medium for Irani is Twatter."

Afraid there isn't,:( we've tried on here for the last 5 years, next door TF has done the same, they've received a multitude of irate letters, emails, texts, phone calls, tweets and thousands of complaints via message boards but still they keep the ignoramus on, it's as if they're doing it out of sheer spite to show us who's the boss and who's running things.

Always good to see you post in here hope you will continue to nip in. :)
  • Options
    Billy244Billy244 Posts: 21,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    It's only approximate Billy but between 7.45 and 8.15 (perhaps a little later). Hope that helps. Stubbs went very easy on him, if only Big Al had been on duty:D

Thanks Ven I'll have a go later at finding it, a bit busy here today having new full central heating and combi boiler installed, plus on with the dreaded fence treatment outside, (2 coats each side it equals painting 64 large fence panels and you might know what a bloody unpleasent boring job treating ONE panel is) :D
  • Options
    ramageramage Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackyork wrote: »
    Durham & Gough were also discussing the Welsh, sorry i mean British Lions selection.;):D

Will you still call it the Welsh tour if they get there ar*es kicked?:D

P.S How come so many Scots got in?.:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks Ven I'll have a go later at finding it, a bit busy here today having new full central heating and combi boiler installed, plus on with the dreaded fence treatment outside, (2 coats each side it equals painting 64 large fence panels and you might know what a bloody unpleasent boring job treating ONE panel is) :D

Actually no Billy, us poor old Londoners don't have gardens:p;)

Big Al is back. Made a bit of a slip when he mentioned meeting up with one of his drinking pals "yesterday" but quickly corrected himself to "at the weekend". Does he think any us actually care?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ramage wrote: »
    Will you still call it the Welsh tour if they get there ar*es kicked?:D

P.S How come so many Scots got in?.:D:D

No way Ram !! As wavy Dave keeps reminding us ' we are all in this together' :D

To be honest Ram I would never big up Welsh rugby because my knowledge on the game is very poor, my son played rugby from the age of 6 until he left school, my wife and I went along every single week and helped out in running the 'mini rugby' with other parents in the village, we had a fantastic time going on tours and organising trips but I'm a football man through and through. My dislike for rugby can be traced back to my school days, my games teacher was exWales player 'John Bevan' who I and many others disliked with a passion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Afraid there isn't,:( we've tried on here for the last 5 years, next door TF has done the same, they've received a multitude of irate letters, emails, texts, phone calls, tweets and thousands of complaints via message boards but still they keep the ignoramus on, it's as if they're doing it out of sheer spite to show us who's the boss and who's running things.

Always good to see you post in here hope you will continue to nip in. :)

Some bloke called Liam Fisher is now the Programme Director. Wonder whether he is open to public "suggestions" for the removal of Irani?
  • Options
    stormy-weathersstormy-weathers Posts: 650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Hi Billy244

Sounds like you have your hands full so let me help out
    here's a link to the clip for you and all those that missed it the first time around:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5KucBCip8A
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adrian Durham is a xenophobic racist b******d. I never heard so much nasty vile comments from this old fashioned presenter, 14 years too long he needs to be getting rid off.Time 4 a change talkSPORT.Turning this rubbish off.Had enough of durham.
  • Options
    HowjoHowjo Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Hi Billy244

here's a link to the clip for you and all those that missed it the first time around:

Thanks Stormy
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Redunited wrote: »
    Adrian Durham is a xenophobic racist b******d. I never heard so much nasty vile comments from this old fashioned presenter, 14 years too long he needs to be getting rid off.Time 4 a change talkSPORT.Turning this rubbish off.Had enough of durham.

Don't listen then.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Billy244

That was funny.

He does have a thing about keyboard warriors.

Ronald needs to realise that if you're going to be economical with the truth, you need a damn good memory.

Also, when you're in the public eye, it's so much easier to cross reference these things, as he has found out.

Maybe practising honesty might be the best policy from now on, eh, Ronald?
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just heard Adrian Durham say that he has FOUR showers a day & changes his underwear each time too!:eek:

He's either very wealthy, or he's been drinking out of Ronald Irani's tea mug!:o
This discussion has been closed.