Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 49)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    i4u wrote: »
    Which is what I indicated yesterday...but tonight will have to exceed last years Day 3 of 1.49m to maintain that position.

Well I've already predicted 1.5m to 2.1m. The fact that this series has better retention for it's 2nd show already gives us fans hope of more series after next year.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Which is what I indicated yesterday...but tonight will have to exceed last years Day 3 of 1.49m to maintain that position.

Will be tricky to predict. For all we know, the people who watched the launch are the hardcores as there is basically no civilian BB casual any more so maybe it won't drop as much? If tonight stays at around 1.8-2.0m, then that is a good sign I guess for a Saturday.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Big Brother 2013 ratings remain low for second live launch show

Negative spin from tellymix.

How can the truth be negative spin? The figures don't lie.
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    Nope, I've watched it every year since it started, and this is the first time it's done 2 launches.

Which is my point, as its a bit misleading to go on about a relatively small drop in figures when this is the first time there's been two consecutive launch days.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Brother must generate on here more "posts per viewers watching" than any other show.

So dull.... :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How can the truth be negative spin? The figures don't lie.

The figures are still high for Channel 5, therefore it can be negative spin.
  • Options
    RobbieSykes123RobbieSykes123 Posts: 14,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When is the Big Brother final anyone?

Enough already!
  • Options
    Rob1985Rob1985 Posts: 5,194
    Forum Member

Enough already!

August :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    Which is my point, as its a bit misleading to go on about a relatively small drop in figures when this is the first time there's been two consecutive launch days.

How is it misleading when it's actual fact?
  • Options
    PompeyBillPompeyBill Posts: 7,409
    Forum Member
    How is it misleading when it's actual fact?

Because it's not a normal programme. It doesn't require a brain or intelligence to work this out.

Hang on, BB fan.......I see the issue.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still recovering from EastEnders in crisis and BGT vs The Voice...now Big Brother
  • Options
    Forum Member
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    Because it's not a normal programme. It doesn't require a brain or intelligence to work this out.

Hang on, BB fan.......I see the issue.

It is a "normal" programme. It's not a 1-off movie length special that doesn't have an entire series following it.

And just because I'm a BB fan does not mean I'm biased.
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Enough already!

Indeed. Well said. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So by the looks of it BB only lost 200,000 viewers, that's the best retention ever if I'm not mistaken.

It lost 20,000, not 200,000. Losing 200,000 would mean BB getting 1.93m last night. And yes it is by far the best retention.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Indeed. Well said. :D

You've got 3 months of it. We have to put up with Simon Foul's shows so you guys can return the favour and put up with BB, or, even better, watch it too :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now you know how it feels when I had to go through 400 pages of Eastenders in crisis, X Factor and BGT posts. It's only been 2 days of ratings and people who don't watch BB are already moaning.

To sum up...

Big Brother Launch Part 1- 2.13m
    Big Brother Launch Part 2- 2.11m

What did Live Feed get?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    It lost 20,000, not 200,000. Losing 200,000 would mean BB getting 1.93m last night. And yes it is by far the best retention.

Ooops, now if only I could get away with putting it down to a typo lol
  • Options
    GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've got 3 months of it. We have to put up with Simon Foul's shows so you guys can return the favour and put up with BB, or, even better, watch it too :)

BB is populated with people that can't get on talent shows. Reason being they have no talents other than self promotion.

What did the normal channels get at 9pm last night?,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Now you know how it feels when I had to go through 400 pages of Eastenders in crisis, X Factor and BGT posts. It's only been 2 days of ratings and people who don't watch BB are already moaning.

You always get a handful of people with nothing better to do than moan, I wonder how many of them actually watch the shows they support. And how many they watch that they moan about.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope The Americans is stable tonight without BGT lead in..
  • Options
    NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Hopefully it can timeshift higher than BB13 then. I reckon it could do a good 500k+ timeshift to bring the last 2 shows to around 2.6m-2.7m each. Officials are building and building, especially now that (I think) they are adding catch up to BARB officials.

Catch-up via the TV (e.g. iPlayer via Sky on Demand) is already counted as timeshift by BARB in the normal figures. Catch-up not via a TV (PC, mobile, tablet) is not included in the figures we see. By the end of 2013 BARB will report, separately from the normal data, figures for these non-TV devices using 'top-down' data from broadcasters and the like, and eventually we may get combined figures when they are able to integrate these 'census' figures with 'survey' data from their viewing panel. (They are already adding 'web TV meters' to all new BARB homes, and 700 homes - out of about 5,100 - have these meters which measure catch-up TV viewing via the PC, although figures are not yet published.)

In a separate development, BARB will be making available figures for time-shift viewing for up to 28 days after transmission from next month. Currently it's up to 7 days, of course.

http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/277
    http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-next?_s=4
    http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/267 [pdf download]
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I've already predicted 1.5m to 2.1m. The fact that this series has better retention for it's 2nd show already gives us fans hope of more series after next year.
    It was Launch Night Part 2....it was made very clear in TV listings etc that it was still Launch Night last night....

Having the best retention ever for a second night of BB therefore means diddly squat
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    Catch-up via the TV (e.g. iPlayer via Sky on Demand) is already counted as timeshift by BARB in the normal figures. Catch-up not via a TV (PC, mobile, tablet) is not included in the figures we see. By the end of 2013 BARB will report, separately from the normal data, figures for these non-TV devices using 'top-down' data from broadcasters and the like, and eventually we may get combined figures when they are able to integrate these 'census' figures with 'survey' data from their viewing panel. (They are already adding 'web TV meters' to all new BARB homes, and 700 homes - out of about 5,100 - have these meters which measure catch-up TV viewing via the PC, although figures are not yet published.)

In a separate development, BARB will be making available figures for time-shift viewing for up to 28 days after transmission from next month. Currently it's up to 7 days, of course.

http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/277
    http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-next?_s=4
    http://www.barb.co.uk/whats-new/267 [pdf download]

Good to see BARB finally implementing these things after announcing quite some time ago. The 30 day data will be interesting as there are some shows I never get round to watching in a week. Or I save several episodes watch in one go.
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    Good news for doctor who ratings if they start publishing the timeshift and the I player figures. We will not get another series until August 2014 after the two specials according to the Private Eye article. However it does feel better in the autumn winter so I think this is wise as they launch a new doctor.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Re: Big Brother. Clearly the fact they billed it as part 2 of the launch helped. But it doesn't change the fact that viewers had 24 hours to decide they weren't too interested in seeing more and yet only 20k it would seem tuned out. The retention can't really be spun as anything other than excellent given usual second night trends. Of course, it wasn't a great base figure to start with which caused concern it would settle very low. What last night's rating does is give hope that more viewers will be sticking around than we thought might be the case 24 hours ago. And where it settles is infinitely more important than a fancy headline figure for launch night.
This discussion has been closed.