Alyssa Milano uses "sex tape" to raise awareness for Syria

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
Forum Member
✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2411800/Alyssa-Milano-sex-tape-teases-fans-raunchy-leaked-video-Funny-Die.html

How bizarre is this! I can't imagine being so desperate for attention that I'd resort to exploiting a situation like the Syria troubles.

Something is wrong with people like her

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, before anyone pulls the "well it's worked, she's got you talking about it" card, I don't see how anyone can be unaware of the Syria troubles at this point.
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    How nice of her, now I know what to do when I get morning wood, dedicate it to the starving of Africa...eat this meat.

Let's hope she finds acting skills from Australia, how many A listers were once in Home & Away...seriously.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is a UNICEF ambassador as well. It's not like the 'sex tape' is all about her with a bit about Syria tagged on, it's actually done quite well and explains it in a fashion that a lot of people would understand.
    Forum Member
    She is a UNICEF ambassador as well. It's not like the 'sex tape' is all about her with a bit about Syria tagged on, it's actually done quite well and explains it in a fashion that a lot of people would understand.

She's still a crap actress and really should limit herself to guest star appearances in soap operas and not international politics.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tommytiger wrote: »
    She's still a crap actress and really should limit herself to guest star appearances in soap operas and not international politics.

So why shouldn't she get involved if it's something she feels strongly about ?

Angelina Jolie does a lot of work for the U.N. but she doesn't get any stick - or is this soley based on perceived acting talent?
    Forum Member

Angelina Jolie does a lot of work for the U.N. but she doesn't get any stick - or is this soley based on perceived acting talent?

I get it, you're into her. Knock one out for me, dear.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I get it, you're into her. Knock one out for me, dear.

Ah yes, the old DS standard - having an opposing viewpoint means you're a fan of someone or you're "in" to them :rolleyes:

Lost count of the times i've been told i'm a fan of Cheryl Cole/Tulisa/Myleene Klass e.t.c.....
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

I thought it was quite clever myself
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,914
    Forum Member
    Wasnt it alreadý out there she used it to promote good as well.Why do people do sex tapes.
  • 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not a real sex tape....
    Forum Member
    Ah yes, the old DS standard - having an opposing viewpoint means you're a fan of someone or you're "in" to them :rolleyes:

Lost count of the times i've been told i'm a fan of Cheryl Cole/Tulisa/Myleene Klass e.t.c.....

Really I thought you'd get:

'Ginger nut with too much time on his hands'

But I guess you deal with X Factor fans, so you have my sympathy.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because this is a daft stunt! I dare say that Angelina Jolie would get stick if she pulled a stunt like this.

Incidentally, since when did we need our awareness of Syria raising? It's hardly some hidden story that hardly anyone knows about - it's been all over the media.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    007Fusion wrote: »
    It's not a real sex tape....

I think you'll find that's why "sex tapes" is wrapped in air quotes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »

Incidentally, since when did we need our awareness of Syria raising? It's hardly some hidden story that hardly anyone knows about - it's been all over the media.

Exactly! Were she championing a rare cause, I might have given her some sort of credit even if I think her method is stupid. However, I think it is literally impossible for even the most ignorant and brain-dead not to know there is trouble in Syria at the moment. You can't turn on the TV or see a newspaper without being told about it so it's like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted on this actresses' part.
  • SarahJamSarahJam Posts: 522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually know people who do not know what's going on in Syria, this kind of video would help raise awareness for people who do not watch the news or read the newspaper.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SarahJam wrote: »
    I actually know people who do not know what's going on in Syria, this kind of video would help raise awareness for people who do not watch the news or read the newspaper.

Isn't it sad how some people need something so gimmicky to get their attention? I fear for the future.

Also, I don't watch the news or read papers much but I have still managed to hear of some pretty gory details when it comes to Syria. There is no excuse.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member

Agree, I know theres trouble over there but I didnt know the precise ins and outs/reasons for it etc :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah, same here. And I do think the old adage of "If it helps just one person .." certainly applies as well. Yes, it's gimmicky, but it gets across good information.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Because this is a daft stunt! I dare say that Angelina Jolie would get stick if she pulled a stunt like this.

Zora wrote: »
    Exactly! Were she championing a rare cause, I might have given her some sort of credit even if I think her method is stupid. However, I think it is literally impossible for even the most ignorant and brain-dead not to know there is trouble in Syria at the moment. You can't turn on the TV or see a newspaper without being told about it so it's like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted on this actresses' part.
    SarahJam wrote: »
    Also, I don't watch the news or read papers much but I have still managed to hear of some pretty gory details when it comes to Syria. There is no excuse.

We've been bombarded with it over here but I'm guessing this is to raise awareness in America, where things are just a wee bit different when it comes to news coverage...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    We've been bombarded with it over here but I'm guessing this is to raise awareness in America, where things are just a wee bit different when it comes to news coverage...

If it's aimed at Americans then I can understand her angle a bit more. From my experience, a worrying amount of people in North America really don't know or care about what's happening in the rest of the world. I image the education system there is at least partially to blame for that.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Is she not worried about her younger brother and his friends finding the clip on the net and wanking themselves into oblivion?
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it's aimed at Americans then I can understand her angle a bit more. From my experience, a worrying amount of people in North America really don't know or care about what's happening in the rest of the world. I image the education system there is at least partially to blame for that.

Why would you 'not' think it was aimed at Americans? It's hosted on a US comedy website by an American actress whose shares are currently high in America because of the US version of Mistresses that she stars in. So she's using some of that current coverage to get folk to take a look at something else for a change.
    I'm not a fan of her (don't even think I've ever seen her in anything) but it's an example of a celeb using their celebrity status to help make folk aware of something they've probably never been aware of and that's not always a bad thing.

The US education system is one thing, the high number of low-brow news channels/progs with too much input from the channel owners is another thing. Far easier to see the stuff that matters in the news progs over here because we're not as watered down as stuff in the States.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    Is she not worried about her younger brother and his friends finding the clip on the net and wanking themselves into oblivion?

Considering there's actually nothing remotely sexy in this video, I doubt that would be an issue.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course it's aimed for the American audience, as someone else has said.

Quite a good way of trying to get the younger generation to be made aware of what is going on in the USA. People forget we are very lucky in our news reporting in the UK and Europe.

(and anyone who thinks that is sexy needs to get out a bit more) :D
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

So in your opinion celebs shouldn't try and use their celeb status to raise awareness, but just stick to acting on soap operas?