[US] Survivor 28: Cagayan - Brains vs Brawns vs Beauty

Comments

• .:Tom:..:Tom:. Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    I'm actually happy with whoever wins.

Tony - Played hard, made it an entertaining season to watch. The ridiculous idol twist wasn't his fault and he never had to use it to his credit.

Spencer - Also played hard, has had to scramble for survival the whole time, did well in challenges. Made it to the final 4 against all odds.

Kass - Like Tony, has been entertaining to watch. Her win would be ridiculous but also slightly hilarious. I think its likely she makes final 2 as a goat and the jury will have a field day.

Woo - Genuinely nice guy who has played a decent social game. Didn't make any glaring mistakes. He could be a winner by default. From a viewer perspective, has had some entertaining moments.

On the whole, its been a good season. :)
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm excited for tonight :D
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a finish. Spencer basically saved Tony's ass at the end.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »
    What a finish. Spencer basically saved Tony's ass at the end.

I disagree I think they was always going to vote for Tony, they just wanted to throw their anger at him as well being a dick

Well deserved winner, not my favorite this year but deserved it over Woo at least. Still think the season started strong but losts its way post merge.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree I think they was always going to vote for Tony, they just wanted to throw their anger at him as well being a dick

Well deserved winner, not my favorite this year but deserved it over Woo at least. Still think the season started strong but losts its way post merge.

Tony was AWFUL in final tribal and I thought Woo did much better than expected UNTIL Spencer said his words to the jury - I wonder what could have happened had Trish been the final one to speak (BTW, her speech was awesome, top 10 speech for sure)

Disagree. This season has to be one of my favourites since S20 (my top 3 are S20, S13 and this. One World is now 4th) - full of massive blindsides, unpredictable post-merge boots, big gameplay, silly decision-making (I am looking at you Wooooooooo)

The final maze was awesome.
  • The AmbassadorThe Ambassador Posts: 5,631
    Forum Member
    I hope Tasha's vote for Woo guarantees that she is never invited back for another season.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Tony was AWFUL in final tribal and I thought Woo did much better than expected UNTIL Spencer said his words to the jury - I wonder what could have happened had Trish been the final one to speak (BTW, her speech was awesome, top 10 speech for sure)

Disagree. This season has to be one of my favourites since S20 (my top 3 are S20, S13 and this. One World is now 4th) - full of massive blindsides, unpredictable post-merge boots, big gameplay, silly decision-making (I am looking at you Wooooooooo)

The final maze was awesome.

Again I disagree I thought woo was just as awful at tribal and he get called out from a few for what he was; Tony's bitch. The guy had no response apart from becoming desperate and having to mention his mother having a heart attack to gain sympathy because honestly Woo had no game. At least Tony some what try to come clean and admit to his lies even though he was awful at responding.

Again I disagree, I found the pre-merge great but after Sarah went it kinda went crap and the likeable people got voted out and the people like Woo and Kass who were terrible players, and people like Trish, Tony and Spencer were too over-rated and annoying remained in the game. It's without doubt the best season since One World in my view, just a shame the post-merge failed for me. Tony winning makes up for it in a way because he did play a great game; probably the best winner since Kim.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why I gave credit to Woo was because I expected him to be ripped apart by the jury, and I actually thought he made the most of it and didn't crumble a la Amanda in China (not comparing both gameplay of course)

But for sure I don't want to see him play again. He is as boring as Christina in One World. Where are the smart Asian-Americans? (like Yul)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Tasha's vote for Woo guarantees that she is never invited back for another season.

She? Tasha is fine for another season. Twitter fans like her. Woo OTOH shouldn't be back.
  • ItsTotesSoFluffItsTotesSoFluff Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really happy Tony won, I was rooting for Spencer and Tony in the end as I thought they deserved it more. Great season over all.

Hopefully Spencer and Tasha will be asked back. Not sure if it'll be good having Tony back seeing as he's won now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 259
    Forum Member
    I was sad that Queen J'tia got boo'd. :(
  • .:Tom:..:Tom:. Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Yeah, the crowd were nastier than usual.

Good final, good season.

Not hyped about the next one. Blood vs. Water again...
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I kind of guessed Tony would win but wasn't 100% sure.
    It's pretty cool to have a divisive winner again since the edit tries to portray winners as perfect nowadays, removing their personality and turning them into emotionless gamebots.
    I've never sat back and thought 'wow that was impressive' about one of Tony's moves, it all seemed very messy, his blindsides were caused by people playing on his paranoia and weren't ever shown to be great moves. But he did pretty good in the final (apart from infront of the jury) - abusing the idol's power at final 4 and playing on Woo's loyalty.
    There is a certain need to be liked and prove himself though. He knew he was in the final 2, he should be sat back chilling while the season's being shown. It's not like he got screwed by the edit or anything.
    I wonder how bitter he would have been had Woo voted him out at final 3?

I found Spencer kind of obnoxious during the last episode, even wanting to control the jury vote, but I think he was attempting some damage control by being humble during the reunion.
    Shame Woo threw away the chance for an easy win and denying me my preferred final 2, which would have led to an entertaining Kass vs jury confrontation. But I get the feeling Woo's just a really nice person, maybe not meant for strategy, but I've enjoyed his much-needed positive spirit in contrast to all the draining ego-driven strategizing and grudges. I think the show needs characters like that.
    It's good to see alot of people appreciate him. Infact the audience sounded like they were more behind a Woo win than a Tony win. I'd have probably voted Tony if I was there IF he hadn't been so defensive infront of the jury. He did so poorly, I was surprised (or maybe I wasn't to be fair)

They're bringing back the BvsW for next season, feels a bit too soon but depends if it's all newbies or not.
  • TigerpawsTigerpaws Posts: 11,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just thought i'd add my thoughts on this season.

Overall I thought it was a good season and Tony deserved the win.

I didn't like Tony throughout and found his game chaotic and without a doubt lacking the finesse of other winners, however he did play hard and by the time of the final I would have been happy with any of Spencer, Tony or Kass winning as I think they all at least played the game - Woo not so much.

I've seen a fair amount of debate on line about whether Probst should have announced that the idol couldn't be used after final 5 but I think once Tony declared it was part of his strategy to use it to bluff they chose not to intervene - personally I think it was Tony's best strategic move of the game and am glad it played out how it did.

I've read an interview with Probst and next season is all newbies.

I knew once they only showed Spencer and Tasha's vote that Tony had won - kind of wish they wouldn't show any votes in future.
  • RedmondRedmond Posts: 19,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very happy with Tony winning. We never get winners like Tony. Someone who played the game hard and was very polarising. That type doesn't usually make it right to the end, but he not only did that (and convincing Woo to take him was brilliant, and the biggest mistake since Colby took Tina in Australian Outback), but he won with 8 votes out of the 9!

Just a fantastic season from start to finish with perhaps the best newbie cast of all time - definitely the best post-Heroes vs Villains. Big personalities, big moves, big blindsides. Very entertaining and it has now put production back on an all-newbie kick! Yes!
  • troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member

...you're kidding, right?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haven't yet watched the reunion, very happy Tony won. I had a sinking feeling that Woo would when he won immunity.

Some of the jury made me sick, like the policewoman who talked about him swearing on his badge. Erm she swore on her badge and she tried to blindside Tony. The bitterness of juries isn't that entertaining for me and just looks petty, luckily that was one of the rare times when it worked out ok anyway. Really what does it matter what you swear on anyway, only fools get taken in by that or, to be more precise maybe, use that as an excuse.

Loved Spencer though, I like that he is a genuine fan and, like at least many of those, he likes those who play hard. Tony had to play strategically, he wasn't so great at the puzzles which obviously cost him challenges. Also liked Pavarty wanting the Tony win, he was like Russell when he was at his best (Samoa) though not quite coming through in the challenges like he did as I said.

Altogether a good season, even that extra twist at the end with Woo taking Tony. I remember one of the complete seasons I saw, Pearl Islands, where a similar mistake was made and I think Sandra won when Lil made the wrong choice. This one had a better winner though imo. Survivor is still going strong, the makers of The Amazing Race should take note and try harder themselves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how bitter he would have been had Woo voted him out at final 3?

I'd have probably voted Tony if I was there IF he hadn't been so defensive infront of the jury. .

I don't think Tony would have been bitter as he expected Woo to pick Kass anyway, he knew it was best for him. An he didn't win immunity so it was Woo's decision.

I'm not sure what Tony could have done in front of the Jury with some of the stuff they were throwing at him, or shouting even in some cases. I'm glad he didn't bow down and kiss their ass, what did he have to apologise for? If they wanted him to lie and make them look better than they were then I'm very glad he didn't.

Ugh, not more family members in blood v water? The family members stink as players.

Also I would have liked the walk were they remember past contestants, it reminds you of who was voted off before the final tribal and seeing the jury again. Bad move taking that out.
  • troynuncdicittroynuncdicit Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    Loved Spencer though, I like that he is a genuine fan and, like at least many of those, he likes those who play hard. Tony had to play strategically, he wasn't so great at the puzzles which obviously cost him challenges. Also liked Pavarty wanting the Tony win, he was like Russell when he was at his best (Samoa) though not quite coming through in the challenges like he did as I said.

Playing hard isn't synonymous with playing smart though. I agree with meglosmurmurs that Tony's game was sloppy and really not that impressive. Cagayan played out like some messed up fan fiction and these are the only circumstances under which Tony can win. I guess my point is that Spencer sucks.

Also, Russell's best was never good. I know Spencer likes to be pretentious (shocker) and call Kass the biggest goat in Survivor history but we all know that Russell's the real biggest.
    starry wrote: »
    Also I would have liked the walk were they remember past contestants, it reminds you of who was voted off before the final tribal and seeing the jury again. Bad move taking that out.

That's a shock coming from you, since you seem to criticize the repetitiveness of American television nonstop.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flippin Redemption Island, ugh
  • xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    I also missed the memory walk as it's nice to remember them all
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bailed out of this season after 3-4 episodes. My question is - Have I made a mistake and should I go back and carry on where I left off? I would hate to miss out if it turned into a classic series. Too scared to read any comments for obvious reasons :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also missed the memory walk as it's nice to remember them all

Also it gave people sometimes a last word on their experience with a voiceover, that was better than some innane question at the reunion (like LJ about his female fans). Unfortunately Probst spoke out against it before so I guess he got it pulled, just like he supports Redemption Island and keeps getting it returning.
  • Timothy BryceTimothy Bryce Posts: 1,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ya that was weird wonder why she did that.