Options

Artem Chigvintsev Appreciation Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    I have just finished Alfie Boe's autobiography and thought it would be a good idea to post him singing Bridge Over Troubled Water. Aliona and Artem are the dancers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHE5z315BHE
  • Options
    yungathartyungathart Posts: 10,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marileigh1 wrote: »
    So glad your granddughter's birthday went well, Yungathart. You are very clever - I'm afraid cake-making is not one of my strongest suits. But I find nowadays that whenever I finish doing something that takes a long time and requires a bit of concentration, I sit down and, before I know it, I've nodded off. It really annoys me! :D

I've been watching the Tour de France today because it's been going through Essex and I've really enjoyed identifying all the villages as they passed through, with all the old country churches dating back to the Middle Ages and Felsted, the public school where, apparently, I learnt today, Oliver Cromwell's sons were educated! I was really quite proud of my county, the countryside looked lovely in the sunshine, with all the crops ready for harvest. Essex doesn't get much good publicity, as my son found out at work one day when he said he'd spent the previous day in the countryside a few miles from where we live. "Countryside? But I thought you lived in Essex!" was the reply, with much ribald laughter from all the others in the office. Grrrrr !

Yes, it's a shame that Bahrami didn't get a chance to make a name for himself when he was younger - but then, he's Iranian, and that probably explains why. I agree with you, Yungathart, it's a shame that there had to be a winner of the men's final. I have to admit I was rooting for Djokovic because I think Federer has won it enough times and he should be making way for the younger talent to come through - but that's just me. He ought to be thinking about his future outside tennis - with all his millions, he could do so much good just using a fraction of it - just as Agassi and Steffi Graf and so many others have done. Now I expect I'm being controversial so I'll stop there! :)

I realise this is an Artem appreciation thread and I haven't even mentioned him or Kara, so this is all rather O/T, but there doesn't appear anything to comment on at the moment.

I find that Im getting slower when doing something I want to be special these days , and like you soon nod off when I eventually sit down , but at least we are still having a go .

Ive watched a lot of the race through Cambridge and Essex today , and I think its been one of the really interesting things , that as they passed through a village we were told of its history , it was same yesterday , even though I was used to going through most of the places & as a history fan I did know a few facts but I did find it a bonus on top of the views and the race , at one point I thought a name of one of my ancesters had been mentioned in connection with a ruined castle , and got the family tree out to check , Ive been showing my grand daughter when she came for lunch with her brother , she has just got her history degree , so is interested too . I dont know that much about Essex to be honest , but it looked lovely , I did know about Felsted , as its well known for excellent cricket tuition these days as well as a good public school , but I didnt know about Oliver Cromwells son going there .

I think that there are such stupid pre concieved ideas banded about certain areas , we get the same kind of ridicule because its thought that we live among Pit Heaps and grime and we all speak funny' oop north ', but as you saw on the first day , we also have the most beautiful countryside within 10 mins of the city's. The sound bites we hear on TV have a lot to answer for , and its the same about the Essex girls since certain TV shows have emphasized the accent. even poor Kara spoke about trying to not sound like an Essex girl , not that she ever did , but even if she had done would that have made her any less a lovely young lady , of course not .

It was great to see the Essex countryside , its like the rest of the UK it has its own identity but its just fine , and I would be very happy to travel round the county .

I was impressed with Djokovic's speech , he was quite emotinal , and I think it meant a lot to him ,( and I dont mean the money ).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As you quite rightly say marileigh1, news about Kara and Artem is rather thin on the ground. I watched a silly interview with Tom Bergeron and Kermit the Frog. Tom said that DWTS starts again mid-September. The rest of the video was a waste of time.

Here is a promotional video for Dance 'Til Dawn. Flavia was on the stairs and just fell backwards into the hands of the guys waiting below. Breathtaking!

http://www.whatsonstage.com/london-theatre/news/07-2014/vincent-flavia-dance-til-dawn-video_34976.html

The little snippet of Flavia and Vincent is very good , as you say the drop back that Flavia makes is breathtaking , she must have complete confidence in the guys , I wonder if they ever missed her when first doing it ,she is very brave .Its looks like a very entertaining show.

The Artem , Aliona , and Alfie video is wondeful , they all were fantastic , its one of the best that Artem has danced when specializing for a guest , with another pro on SCD . and we are going to miss seeing him doing this kind of thing this next year . The difference between DWTS slots and SCD is so marked , what was the use of him dancing for 10 or 15 seconds as we saw him do with another pro dancer , they hardly got going before had to finish , even though both of them were superb , it was rather insulting and devalued them as if they were not good enough to do more than a few steps . Well thats my feelings , at least on SCD they got a fair crack of the whip , and in most cases over the years , their dancing has added to the overall artistic effect of the Artist's singing .
  • Options
    TootsieLouTootsieLou Posts: 821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello Ladies,im still struggling with my computer so have not been able to post much,not much new on the Artem front,but its nice to know that he and Kara are quitely getting on with their lives being seperated for long periods of time is a test of a relationship as i well know.Hope everyone is enjoying the weather,you all sound as if you all have been very busy.Hope to be back with you all later.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TootsieLou wrote: »
    Hello Ladies,im still struggling with my computer so have not been able to post much,not much new on the Artem front,but its nice to know that he and Kara are quitely getting on with their lives being seperated for long periods of time is a test of a relationship as i well know.Hope everyone is enjoying the weather,you all sound as if you all have been very busy.Hope to be back with you all later.

Nice to see that you have got on the thread again TootsieLou, I think that most of us are having problems with our computers at the moment , its so annoying at times as you know one little cilck could answer all the problems , but I suppose thats the curse of technology , and Im not very technical .:o

It is as you say about Artem and Kara , nothing spectacular happening so just getting on with life ,and thats was is normal for those of us who are not in the entertainment industry , and as Kara once said " We are a very uninteresting couple really who just want to live a quite life together " I for one hope their wishes come to fruition ,& for their sakes hope its soon

We have missed out on all the thunder storms and rain .that I have seen that others further south have been getting , and have been enjoying the sunshine all day , as well as running a cafe for my grand children , Im so lucky to have the chance again its been like turning the years back ,and this time I dont have to watch the Teletubbies or Thomas the Tank Engine , and the conversation is on a higer plane too.:D:D
  • Options
    Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have been very lucky as well with the weather Yungathart and today is another lovely day so I will be heading out to the Garden shortly.
    My G/Daughter is home from Arran for 2 days so looking forward to seeing her. The rest of my Family are away to Center Parcs in Cumbria for 5 days so hope they are having nice weather.
    As TootsieLou says there is not much happening on the Kara and Artem front, we will just have to be patient!!!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Completely off topic but it made me chuckle. Retweeted by James Jordan.

Genius Brand @GeniusBrandUK · 19h
    : BREAKING: Free cans of drink available for all Brazilians right now. pic.twitter.com/TSU4PJSDjh”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsDWxdNIQAI0H_W.png:large

If like me you didn't watch the football - this is the reason:

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=german+team+win+semi+final+world+cup+2014
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Artem has posted this photo on Instagram. I am not sure whether it is him in the ad for motorcycle lawyers. Pity we cannot see the rider's face.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p480x480/10464239_772782646106037_4175639758914142224_n.jpg
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Completely off topic but it made me chuckle. Retweeted by James Jordan.

Genius Brand @GeniusBrandUK · 19h
    : BREAKING: Free cans of drink available for all Brazilians right now. pic.twitter.com/TSU4PJSDjh”

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsDWxdNIQAI0H_W.png:large

If like me you didn't watch the football - this is the reason:

https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=german+team+win+semi+final+world+cup+2014

Ha Ha !!! I like it silversandy , trust James to find that , I.m glad he has'nt lost his sense of humour since getting the boot from SCD .

Speaking of SCD , a little news of three of the pro's for next season in the Yorkshire post today .

Steve Pratt who is a reporter on the YP had a centre two page spread,which came about after he recieved phone call which showed up as a " private " call, and on answering it a man called Kevin introduced himself , Steve thought is was another nuisance call then Kevin said Kevin , Kevin Clifford, ( thats what is printed ) it still didnt register at first , but then the penny dropped ,and Steve said if only he had said Its Kevin from Grimsby he would have recognised that . The story goes on to tell a few weeks back he had briefly met Kevin in London at the Peacock Theatre where Kevin and his pro partner were getting standing ovations in their show Flash Mob , They were badly shocked when the tour was cancelled due to poor ticket sales , Kevin rang to tell the YP reporter that He and Karen had found out that the best ticket sales were for the Show in Grimsby , so had decided to present an' Evening with Karen & Kevin' , and will bring a SCD element to the show and with his sister Joanne each train a dancer to dance for The Grimsby Glitter Ball on the night ,

He tells how he started dancing with his sister from the age of 6 until he was 15, when they thought it was a bit weird dancing together in competions , He told of how they had come from a dancing family and that his parents were world champions , and his Aunty was a Latin Champion dancer and his Nan had been the Quickstep Champion in Hemel Hemstead , so they both drifted into dancing . but he got fed up and didn t want to spend his life competing , and then teach and when the chance to dance on Burn the floor came along he jumped at it , Later another BTF tour came to London and he went to watch to show and saw Karen and he suddenly decided to be a Ballroom Dancer , it changed his life and became a partner of Karen professional and in his private life . Although Karen came from a family keen on dancing she didnt dance until the family moved to New York when she was 8 , and took part in an audition for a dance programme ,at her school for Contempory dance she did a cartwheel and ended up doing the splits and was accepted for a scholarship to the Martha Graham School of contempory dance and then went on the Fame School in New York by the time she was 19 .

It seems that he is rather good at personally doing his own publicty for he says if it hadnt been the the other four new dancers on SCD had not come from foriegn parts and had difficult names fro Brucie to say , he might never have had the good luck to be known as Kevin from Grimsby so is gratfull to him as from now on he will always be known by that name , and not many people recoginise the name Kevin Clifton ( by this time the YP have altered its print to his real surname ) , and thought he would make it known that this new show that they are putting on is to take place on saturday .

His phone call paid off as the YP has given it a huge free advert in the weekly Life and Style suppliment this week . If only Artem had this gift of self publicity he might be feted as one of the most important dancers and choreographers in the world .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem has posted this photo on Instagram. I am not sure whether it is him in the ad for motorcycle lawyers. Pity we cannot see the rider's face.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/p480x480/10464239_772782646106037_4175639758914142224_n.jpg

It is a shame we dont know for certain , but I do think it looks like his green bike and the arms and hands do look very much like his, and he always wears little short gloves, The MotorCycle Lawyer's name looks a little worrying , dont you think , and with the rider covering his face as a spooky guy too.:confused

P S , Ive just looked at a photo of Artem standing by his green bike and he his undoing his helmet , its the same style helmet as the one on the pic you posted , Im sure it his him .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yungathart wrote: »
    It is a shame we dont know for certain , but I do think it looks like his green bike and the arms and hands do look very much like his, and he always wears little short gloves, The MotorCycle Lawyer's name looks a little worrying , dont you think , and with the rider covering his face as a spooky guy too.:confused

P S , Ive just looked at a photo of Artem standing by his green bike and he his undoing his helmet , its the same style helmet as the one on the pic you posted , Im sure it his him .

Lots more photos have been posted on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=ms.c.eJw9j8kNxAAIAztamRv6byxaiPMcjTFQpe0QHzdLxa~_Oa1nqZUUKoC1kPa8vG7Qyx5ps68G8xc5nkrc~%3Bhv3l6~%3BXjWB9DvnzQN46drDsvzHf87~_k2cm7eed~%3BcP8L7Rs4zP7YeX~%3B7227tfINuf9QB5rUDZ.bps.a.772840459433589.1073742010.457687264282245&type=1

We cannot blame Artem for making extra money appearing in ads. It is preferable to some of the things undertaken by other DWTS pros. Cheryl Burke judging a belly flop contest is one thing that springs to mind.:o
  • Options
    marileigh1marileigh1 Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=ms.c.eJw9j8kNxAAIAztamRv6byxaiPMcjTFQpe0QHzdLxa~_Oa1nqZUUKoC1kPa8vG7Qyx5ps68G8xc5nkrc~%3Bhv3l6~%3BXjWB9DvnzQN46drDsvzHf87~_k2cm7eed~%3BcP8L7Rs4zP7YeX~%3B7227tfINuf9QB5rUDZ.bps.a.772840459433589.1073742010.457687264282245&type=1

We cannot blame Artem for making extra money appearing in ads. It is preferable to some of the things undertaken by other DWTS pros. Cheryl Burke judging a belly flop contest is one thing that springs to mind.:o

I certainly thought it was Artem when I first saw it and I can't think Artem would post pictures on his Instagram of someone else riding a bike. Just as an aside, it does look as though he isn't wearing proper protective gear other than a helmet, so let's hope he doesn't have an accident or he might need the services of the Motorbike Lawyer if he has to make a claim !

The weather here has been absolutely ghastly today - and I watched the cricket played in bright sunshine in Nottingham! We seem to have caught the full force of the "depression" which was forecast. I only hope it clears up before Saturday. because I've got 30-40 people descending on me for a charity coffee morning which is supposed to take place in the garden. If it's wet, we'll have to be inside, so think of me if I have all those people tramping in and out of my house with dripping umbrellas and wet muddy shoes!

Who watched the Germany v. Brazil game ??? I know you didn't, Silversandy, as football doesn't appear to be a favourite of yours. I'm sure Yungathart did. I just sat there in amazement, with my mouth open, and after the fourth goal went in, I just started laughing. If anyone had seen me, all on my own laughing away, they would probably have sent for the men in white coats !:) :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I certainly thought it was Artem when I first saw it and I can't think Artem would post pictures on his Instagram of someone else riding a bike. Just as an aside, it does look as though he isn't wearing proper protective gear other than a helmet, so let's hope he doesn't have an accident or he might need the services of the Motorbike Lawyer if he has to make a claim !

The weather here has been absolutely ghastly today - and I watched the cricket played in bright sunshine in Nottingham! We seem to have caught the full force of the "depression" which was forecast. I only hope it clears up before Saturday. because I've got 30-40 people descending on me for a charity coffee morning which is supposed to take place in the garden. If it's wet, we'll have to be inside, so think of me if I have all those people tramping in and out of my house with dripping umbrellas and wet muddy shoes!

Who watched the Germany v. Brazil game ??? I know you didn't, Silversandy, as football doesn't appear to be a favourite of yours. I'm sure Yungathart did. I just sat there in amazement, with my mouth open, and after the fourth goal went in, I just started laughing. If anyone had seen me, all on my own laughing away, they would probably have sent for the men in white coats !:) :D

good evening , we have had the most glorious day , blazing sunshine all day and its still shining still, so very sorry to hear that you have not been as lucky . My son and G/son have spent the day at the test match in Nottingham ( a Christmas present from my D in L) and all week they forecast has said it would be raining today or for part of the day , and they expected to get wet , but they probably will have come home sunburned .I hope that your coffee morning on sat will be a success and takes place in sunshine , and your home is just as dry and clean after wards as it was before your opened up to your guests .

You are right marileigh I watched the football match , and like you sat there with an open mouth , I began to think this is a fix it was so ridiculous , what a pathetic bunch pf whimps the Brazil team were, they were that bad it was funny ,and I can fully understand your laughter, and did have chuckle about the result.:D:D

Thanks for giving us the link to all those Artem pictures , he scares the daylights out of me , those pedals are very close to the ground when he leans as he turns and his legs look very vulnerable too ,the side of his foot is inches from the ground , and that motorcycle looks very heavy should it tip any further and connect with the road , after seeing the poor Chris Broome and Mark Cavendish with such awful injuries through landing on the floor at speed , I know the size of wheels are very different , but the road is still as hard if a limb should come in contact with it .

Having said all that ,I do agree silversandy Artem does have to earn his living and its better he does it as a model ( if a some what active one for our liking ) than doing other things less attractive , for I think he would make a very good photographic
    model .

On AOL headlines today , it says James Jordan has blown his top about the BBC SCD production , he has warned Ola that she will get stitched up this year with her partner , and says he does not agree with two females heading the show , as he believes Ballroom and Latin dances should be danced by a male & female always , and that goes for the same for announces too , He likes both Tess and Claudia but not as a pair . I think James has shot his bolt now with SCD now , and it wont help Ola either , such ashame though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An extra to the James story , he says he will be at home and will be watching TV when SCD is on , but will be watching X factor ( or was it Britians got Talent , I never know the difference between these two programmes ) as I dont watched them . You would think he might watch Ola , even though he thinks she not going to last for long .

I do agree with his words about the couples in Ballroom and Latin dances should comprise of a male and a female , as that is how they were intended to be danced.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    An extra to the James story , he says he will be at home and will be watching TV when SCD is on , but will be watching X factor ( or was it Britians got Talent , I never know the difference between these two programmes ) as I dont watched them . You would think he might watch Ola , even though he thinks she not going to last for long .

The discussion thread on the MF about James Jordan runs on and on. If he had accepted the fact that he wasn't going to be invited back on SCD with a smile and no rude comments, people wouldn't be talking about his tweets day after day. James isn't a naïve fool. He says what he thinks and means what he says. I can only assume the incident between Karen and Ola was the start of things because he was quite outspoken about what happened. The comments about the judges also made his position untenable. However like most bad boys he will find work and be popular again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Henry Byalikov was asked to demonstrate his ballet training

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=710389398998528
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The discussion thread on the MF about James Jordan runs on and on. If he had accepted the fact that he wasn't going to be invited back on SCD with a smile and no rude comments, people wouldn't be talking about his tweets day after day. James isn't a naïve fool. He says what he thinks and means what he says. I can only assume the incident between Karen and Ola was the start of things because he was quite outspoken about what happened. The comments about the judges also made his position untenable. However like most bad boys he will find work and be popular again.

I havent seen the MF at all , but understand from what you say he has become the centre of discussions on it as well as other places. I agree I do think that the Karen spat has probably got a lot to do with his stand on SCD , I have the feeling that the Burn the Floor connection is also something to do with it as its becoming very evident that since Jason has started to play a large part of ther production team he has brought his people into the show bit by bit , and as James and Ola and Brendan and Anton and Natalie have not taken part in his BTF show they are now in a minority , I do hope they are not going to be side lined as they are the ones like Artem who are Ballroom based rather than the Contempory more harsh US style .

I agree James is going to keep his popularity what ever he does in the future , as he and Ola are very good and entertaining dancers . they have advertised a show that is to take place on the Isle of Man .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    James and Ola have been to the Isle of Man

James Jordan ‏@The_JamesJordan · Jul 6
    Just been round the TT track.... Can't believe how dangerous it is.
    Here's the start line

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Br3obydIUAAZ2aU.jpg:large

I think there are two separate issues about SCD and BTF. One is the number of people who have joined SCD from BTF. The other is the choreography. A show has to evolve to survive but which direction is the responsibility of the Director of Choreography - Jason Gilkison.
  • Options
    Lou69Lou69 Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am still here Ladies, I have just been catching up on the Thread. Saw Robin on the BBC News tonight when they were talking about same sex Couples dancing together. I think there will be changes on SCD although I suppose it is inevitable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Here's the start line

I think there are two separate issues about SCD and BTF. One is the number of people who have joined SCD from BTF. The other is the choreography. A show has to evolve to survive but which direction is the responsibility of the Director of Choreography - Jason Gilkison.
    Lou69 wrote: »
    I am still here Ladies, I have just been catching up on the Thread. Saw Robin on the BBC News tonight when they were talking about same sex Couples dancing together. I think there will be changes on SCD although I suppose it is inevitable.

I am still here too Lou , but I nearly gave up trying to join you tonight , for about the last hour and a half I have been logging on to the thread ,and instantly my computer would crash , I was so fed up with it , but gave it one last try and here I am .

I didnt see Robin on the news , but last night I saw in sky that the Ballroom Dance competition Officials had decided that each couple should be male and Female , I gathered from that James must have been refering to that when he made his remarks on his so called rant . I am not sure if anything has been changed on SCD , but I dont think I will be very happy if or when it happens as it will change the whole feel of the show . If the gay community want to take part in a similar type show well thats fine , let them do it on a seperate dance show , where they will all be equal , but I think it will be impossible to compare and judge fairly the dancing of both types of couples .

I do agree silversandy the show does have to evolve to survive , but as its strength has been that its a show of all round good clean family watching that spans the generations where a family can feel involved while watching world class dancers and well known celebrities, and also for the people who like the competitive side of the programme , it seems that to change the whole essence drastically would be foolish, but time will tell I suppose.
  • Options
    marileigh1marileigh1 Posts: 937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    good evening , we have had the most glorious day , blazing sunshine all day and its still shining still, so very sorry to hear that you have not been as lucky . My son and G/son have spent the day at the test match in Nottingham ( a Christmas present from my D in L) and all week they forecast has said it would be raining today or for part of the day , and they expected to get wet , but they probably will have come home sunburned .I hope that your coffee morning on sat will be a success and takes place in sunshine , and your home is just as dry and clean after wards as it was before your opened up to your guests .

You are right marileigh I watched the football match , and like you sat there with an open mouth , I began to think this is a fix it was so ridiculous , what a pathetic bunch pf whimps the Brazil team were, they were that bad it was funny ,and I can fully understand your laughter, and did have chuckle about the result.:D:D

Thanks for giving us the link to all those Artem pictures , he scares the daylights out of me , those pedals are very close to the ground when he leans as he turns and his legs look very vulnerable too ,the side of his foot is inches from the ground , and that motorcycle looks very heavy should it tip any further and connect with the road , after seeing the poor Chris Broome and Mark Cavendish with such awful injuries through landing on the floor at speed , I know the size of wheels are very different , but the road is still as hard if a limb should come in contact with it .

Having said all that ,I do agree silversandy Artem does have to earn his living and its better he does it as a model ( if a some what active one for our liking ) than doing other things less attractive , for I think he would make a very good photographic
    model .

On AOL headlines today , it says James Jordan has blown his top about the BBC SCD production , he has warned Ola that she will get stitched up this year with her partner , and says he does not agree with two females heading the show , as he believes Ballroom and Latin dances should be danced by a male & female always , and that goes for the same for announces too , He likes both Tess and Claudia but not as a pair . I think James has shot his bolt now with SCD now , and it wont help Ola either , such ashame though.

Thanks for yuur good wishes, Yungathart. The weather here today has been slightly better than yesterday - just grey skies and cosntant drizzle, but if the weather forecast is accurate, it should be hot tomorrow. Fingers crossed! (as someone we know used to say!)

I wish James wouldn't carry on so much about SCD - it doesn't put him in a very good light. Who does he think will stitch Ola up, the judges? I can't think of any reason why they should - she has always done quite well with her partners. I do agree with him on one point though: I think I said before, when we were all wondering who would replace Bruce, that I hoped it wouldn't be Tess and Claudia together. Like him, I like them both as individuals but agree that it's better with a man and woman sharing the presenting.

As far as same sex couples dancing together, there's quite a lot about it in the DT today, (including a picture of two women dancing together in the Israeli version of SCD) but it says quite plainly that, although they haven't anything against same sex couples dancing together in principle, it won't be happening on SCD anytime soon. So that's a relief. It also goes on to say that banning same sex couples from taking part in dancing competitons is under consideration, so we shall have to see what happens. Apparently there is already one British male dancer (I forget his name) who regularly competes in competitions with his male partner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is an article in my local weekly paper about dancing , and one special part is about Lillia Kopylova and her husband Darren Bennett , who lived about 5mins away from me , They have been spending a few days at home having a small summer break before heading for the Lebanon where they are about to start work on TV shows So you think you can Dance and DWTS ,Darren is to be Head judge and Liilia is to be Head Choreographer to the pro dancers on the shows.

Darren said it was great to be home for a couple of days so went to help at a charity Safe @ Last Not So Strictly Dancing , showing volunteers how to polish their 10 week training for this charity , they were sorry they would not be able to be at the big night , and would love to there but Darren said they will have headed back to the ballroom by then , and will be busy with the TV shows.

Being a pro dancer does not allow for a settled home life , as we have seen while following Artem last four years , Its a hard life even if at times a dancer soars to the top on world tours or top TV work .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for yuur good wishes, Yungathart. The weather here today has been slightly better than yesterday - just grey skies and cosntant drizzle, but if the weather forecast is accurate, it should be hot tomorrow. Fingers crossed! (as someone we know used to say!)

I wish James wouldn't carry on so much about SCD - it doesn't put him in a very good light. Who does he think will stitch Ola up, the judges? I can't think of any reason why they should - she has always done quite well with her partners. I do agree with him on one point though: I think I said before, when we were all wondering who would replace Bruce, that I hoped it wouldn't be Tess and Claudia together. Like him, I like them both as individuals but agree that it's better with a man and woman sharing the presenting.

As far as same sex couples dancing together, there's quite a lot about it in the DT today, (including a picture of two women dancing together in the Israeli version of SCD) but it says quite plainly that, although they haven't anything against same sex couples dancing together in principle, it won't be happening on SCD anytime soon. So that's a relief. It also goes on to say that banning same sex couples from taking part in dancing competitons is under consideration, so we shall have to see what happens. Apparently there is already one British male dancer (I forget his name) who regularly competes in competitions with his male partner.

Here's hoping your area gets the promised hot weather tomorrow , its been very hot and eventuallly sunny here all day ,and the sun has only just gone down , so we have been lucky again .

I have been looking back at Artem's dances with all of his partners since starting on SCD , and so Ive seen a lot of how Brucie has presented on the show , and noticed how kind and encouraging he was to the celebs and pro dancers , It showed how professional he was and time and time again he was not afraid to get quite severe when a judge has stepped overthe mark & when what he thought was unkind or unjust criticsim , He also had so many years experience dancing and singing he did know what he was talking about when he saw something extra special he would comment on it , and also knew how well a pro dancer had done for his celeb , as he often shouted to Artem how good work he done ,after a dance through out his four years on the show .

I like Tess and when she has taken over she has blossomed , but as she is not a dancer she has a different way when talking to the couples , there is nothing wrong with her way , its just a females way , so even though she and Claudia are real buddies and love one another , as they often tell us , I can understand why it is though it might have been better to have a man and Tess , rather than Tess and a quirky slightly zany female . Time will tell as to how it turns out , but though Bruce did get a little vague in the last two years programmes he was pretty good in his time , so Claudia has a big pair of shoes to fill .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Here's the start line

All I can say about that really good picture of James is : Thank the lord he hasnt got Artem over there with him , other wise they would have been competing with one another on THAT DANGEROUS COURSE,:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its a glorious saturday morning here,its so hot I will have to find the factor 30 sunscreen as I am off to watch cricket , shortly , G/son got really burnt at the test match on thursday , they did not take the sunscreen as the forecast was rain , some one got it wrong !!!!!!!! , and two others also got it wrong too,they were not sensible enough to to put the suncream in the rucksack along with the food and drinks .:confused:
This discussion has been closed.