Options

It has been confirmed. Live feed axed. (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    Soulrebel1980Soulrebel1980 Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    I take it we've all given up on this charade now then?
  • Options
    livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member

am waiting for viacom to speak ,i don't think i've got much else to say until then
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member

not having watched any of this year's nonsense i don't thin I'm missing anything

I think it won't be too long before we know the truth from Endemol/Viacom as to
    what the plans are for BB if any at all
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I haven't posted much I've had my morphine increased to rockstar levels
    waiting to see how much BS been said so once Viacom take over if what the promised happens brilliant if not I go down the Viacom route and screw Channel 5.
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    oathy wrote: »
    waiting to see how much BS been said so once Viacom take over if what the promised happens brilliant if not I go down the Viacom route and screw Channel 5.

Hope you are OK, Oathy ??? :(
  • Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    happybbfan wrote: »
    not having watched any of this year's nonsense i don't think I'm missing anything

Well I have been watching it and sadly I can confirm that you haven't missed anything.
    It's that bad that not watching it is probably the best option of the two. It would probably raise your blood pressure seeing just how bad it has become.
  • Options
    Forum Member

take it easy for a while and make sure you are feeling well enough for battle
    you have done enough already in the quest for BB fans etc
    really hope that there is no more fighting needed and we can at last return to the BB we all want and love
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope you are OK, Oathy ??? :(

Oh just going through more medication changes.
    this new Anti TNF stuff is taking a bit longer than expected to work :D
    would have been nice having a live feed whilst totally stoned.
    I wish I could say more but those charming people at endemol apparently have something planned and I cant say ***** about it.
    If they let us down again I swear they wont know what's hit them next time.
    because if this is another email full of bull plops when does it stop? and namely cant they see its that very reason we are getting so angry and despondent with them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Endemol are saving up all the remaining live feed left for the series on the final week?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    and keep strong Oathy, when it all inevitably goes tits up we will need you to lead the charge!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Endemol are saving up all the remaining live feed left for the series on the final week?

1 hour a night that would be then for 9 nights……
    there must be some reason why the 9 hours left of live feed has vanished though
  • Options
    livefeed24/7nowlivefeed24/7now Posts: 8,801
    Forum Member
    Oh just going through more medication changes.
    this new Anti TNF stuff is taking a bit longer than expected to work :D
    would have been nice having a live feed whilst totally stoned.
    I wish I could say more but those charming people at endemol apparently have something planned and I cant say ***** about it.
    If they let us down again I swear they wont know what's hit them next time.
    because if this is another email full of bull plops when does it stop? and namely cant they see its that very reason we are getting so angry and despondent with them.

as long as the daily star don't promise anything positive ,we just might sort of be ok

viacom will only get one shot at this ,they need to do it properly first time
  • Options
    Forum Member
    1 hour a night that would be then for 9 nights……
    there must be some reason why the 9 hours left of live feed has vanished though

All depends on when BB finishes? They might do 2 hours a night for 4 days, an hour on the last day! and the moon is made from cheese, I know
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A few of us were having a discussion about the Ch5/Viacom merger on Twitter earlier and I also posted the following on the broadcasting forum:

Any "legal eagles" about?
    I've been looking at the EU Commission site about the merger, came across this--
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...01.0038.01.ENG

part that I found interesting/confusing was--

(Council Regulation (EC) No. 139/2004)

On 10 June 2014, the Commission received a notification of a proposed concentration between Viacom and Channel 5 Broadcasting. On 20 June 2014, the notifying party informed the Commission that it withdrew its notification.

Anybody about who could decipher it? I'm confuzzled
  • Options
    Forum Member
    desperation stepping up a level now…..new housemates being thrown in
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doing anything but a live feed by the look of things at the moment, It will never work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few of us were having a discussion about the Ch5/Viacom merger on Twitter earlier and I also posted the following on the broadcasting forum:

Any "legal eagles" about?
    I've been looking at the EU Commission site about the merger, came across this--
    http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-conte...01.0038.01.ENG

part that I found interesting/confusing was--

(Council Regulation (EC) No. 139/2004)

On 10 June 2014, the Commission received a notification of a proposed concentration between Viacom and Channel 5 Broadcasting. On 20 June 2014, the notifying party informed the Commission that it withdrew its notification.

Anybody about who could decipher it? I'm confuzzled

utterly no idea.
    But if its anything like the other EU matters as seen via the live debates in the Parliament more than likely nothing. I had contact with Samwell-smith after the 20th and he mentioned Viacom a lot.

Had the deal fallen through it would have been major news.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    desperation stepping up a level now…..new housemates being thrown in
    Doing anything but a live feed by the look of things at the moment, It will never work.

expect anything and everything.
    There is no way midseries they wont put new HM;s in there. I don't care what Emma Willis says a series bumping along at 1.1 million isn't what Ben Frow wanted or needs.
    when a Repeat of NCIS gets the same and a lot cheaper. Next week is going to be a mini reboot without it being classed as such.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    expect anything and everything.
    There is no way midseries they wont put new HM;s in there. I don't care what Emma Willis says a series bumping along at 1.1 million isn't what Ben Frow wanted or needs.
    when a Repeat of NCIS gets the same and a lot cheaper. Next week is going to be a mini reboot without it being classed as such.

Its going to take more than a mini reboot to save it now I`m afraid.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doop wrote: »
    Its going to take more than a mini reboot to save it now I`m afraid.

Any reboot needs live coverage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Any reboot needs live coverage.

it does but next week isn't a reboot just a planned twist to recoup some lost viewers
    with a few friends/family thrown in to the mix and some more product placement to revenue to line there pockets with.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pretty depressing a sleazy headline got people watching
    rather than watching because of the Quality of the show/Hm's and what the show offers people. Sadly that old saying goes "sex sells".
    If anyone really wants to see the panic even earlier this week Emma and Co stated no new HM's and look here come the new HM's. Its a shame they can muster new ideas when it suits them and the idea of extra coverage this series is coated in such cryptic language you can barely make out if they mean right now or in the future.
  • Options
    Leathertrouser2Leathertrouser2 Posts: 412
    Forum Member
    This is why I am kinda convinced. Bear with me, I appreciate it is a bit long but I more often than not have sat here over the years and said nothing but here is my synopsis for what it's worth.

Oathy I note there and I remember Emma saying "there will be no new housemates" and then a stupid laugh as if to say "**** you". I have noticed these little digs from both her and Rylan, remember his live feed comment not to mention the constant mentioning about being in the camera runs.

I stopped watching last Thursday but I got the impression that both Rylan and Emma's head weren't in this series and they're almost acting (unless that fits with this years more than ever scripted Big Brother) I think they know this will be the last civilian one and so don't care. Willis used to be cool but this year she seems to have lost this and become a ****. At no point in Big Brother 10 did Davina act in this way when live feed was partially removed.

Other evidence would be her comments on "evolution of the show". This is woman that apparently loves Big Brother, and I almost believed her but I think I can honestly say that Davina would never have approved of the current state of affairs and I defiantly think she wouldn't of done 3 years of doing interviews with chavs a few yards away other than finale nights. I also find it interesting she doesn't comment on it no more. Moral of this paragraph is, as a die-hard fan and as many have been for 14 years, the bollucks Emma came out with about evolution, she can't possibly believe that can she? Money clearly talks but Davina had a good relationship with all exec producers and I believe she had a lot of influence on things. Something Brian and Emma could only have dreamt of.

In closing, I may of drifted off live feed and the reasons scream why there isn't any. Money had nothing to do with it, it was so it could be scripted, Channel 5 didn't want to lose the identity of Big Brother and hoped that the fans wouldn't notice that they were clearly scripting it. How many ****ing dumb arse questions can HM's randomly ask for Christ sake? Or standing randomly all the time in front of their photos and having those random discussions wink wink. The sex scene the other night, I think that was rigged. Prove me wrong Channel 5, breaking the final taboo of Big Brother, sex, never really been done although I disagree, it was done in Teen Big Brother. Simple as but Channel 5 airbrushed history.

Thanks for reading, Oathy, please, keep ****ing hounding these *****.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I am kinda convinced. Bear with me, I appreciate it is a bit long but I more often than not have sat here over the years and said nothing but here is my synopsis for what it's worth.

Oathy I note there and I remember Emma saying "there will be no new housemates" and then a stupid laugh as if to say "**** you". I have noticed these little digs from both her and Rylan, remember his live feed comment not to mention the constant mentioning about being in the camera runs.

I stopped watching last Thursday but I got the impression that both Rylan and Emma's head weren't in this series and they're almost acting (unless that fits with this years more than ever scripted Big Brother) I think they know this will be the last civilian one and so don't care. Willis used to be cool but this year she seems to have lost this and become a ****. At no point in Big Brother 10 did Davina act in this way when live feed was partially removed.

Other evidence would be her comments on "evolution of the show". This is woman that apparently loves Big Brother, and I almost believed her but I think I can honestly say that Davina would never have approved of the current state of affairs and I defiantly think she wouldn't of done 3 years of doing interviews with chavs a few yards away other than finale nights. I also find it interesting she doesn't comment on it no more. Moral of this paragraph is, as a die-hard fan and as many have been for 14 years, the bollucks Emma came out with about evolution, she can't possibly believe that can she? Money clearly talks but Davina had a good relationship with all exec producers and I believe she had a lot of influence on things. Something Brian and Emma could only have dreamt of.

In closing, I may of drifted off live feed and the reasons scream why there isn't any. Money had nothing to do with it, it was so it could be scripted, Channel 5 didn't want to lose the identity of Big Brother and hoped that the fans wouldn't notice that they were clearly scripting it. How many ****ing dumb arse questions can HM's randomly ask for Christ sake? Or standing randomly all the time in front of their photos and having those random discussions wink wink. The sex scene the other night, I think that was rigged. Prove me wrong Channel 5, breaking the final taboo of Big Brother, sex, never really been done although I disagree, it was done in Teen Big Brother. Simple as but Channel 5 airbrushed history.

Thanks for reading, Oathy, please, keep ****ing hounding these *****.

Will do and no that's why this thread is still going. For that very reason.
    the great experiment has failed. "its a gameshow"..hmm not sure how many Game shows focus on a couple having very tacky sex as a premise but there's still time for Stand by your man.

I remember just after the feed was axed on C4. Willis tweeted me after seeing a conversation on the live feed and basically tried shutting it down. When I replied in a polite manner not a peep. Its like when Jamie east had nothing better to talk about he was drag out the live feed issue knowing it would get a reaction. By his last series everyone was wise and didn't take the bait.

I know it sounds like I am toying with people I promise that's not the case. If endemol's last email doesn't materialize I am going back to the Chairman of endemol with a copy of the email sent and asking him what the hell is going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its amazing Jeff ford said about the night time feed yet again footage from that very boring part of the house makes the top slot.