Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 60)

Comments

• Options
    jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Nice boost for BB. And three new housemates incoming? Great stuff. Well on the road to recovery potentially.

Strange. A few nights ago on BOTS, when an audience member suggested new housemates would liven up the series, Emma Willis replied that it "wasn't happening".
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has Channel 4 guaranteed DOND another series as ratings it's had recently suggest it's flatlining?
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cylon6 wrote: »
    Ronant do you have a final rating for episode 1 of The Honourable Woman?

I'm not ronant but: 3.21m (13.7%)

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the subject of Deal or No Deal:

- Monday 30th June was its lowest ever rating for a weekday airing on Channel 4 - an average of only 397k (5.0%).

Channel 4 really need to let it die.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    D.M.N. wrote: »

- Monday 30th June was its lowest ever rating for a weekday airing on Channel 4 - an average of only 397k (5.0%).

Countdown needs to be swapped with Deal Or No Deal then as it may rate better. DOND will be better off airing at 10am.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member

Thanks DMN, impressive timeshift of 1.08m (up 50.7% from its overnight: 2.13m), shame the overnight fell for the second episode. It's very good, already up there with Happy Valley and Line of Duty imo, so I hope it can stabilise.
  • Options
    hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not really bothered about ratings now until September when the TV season is back.
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am not really bothered about ratings now until September when the TV season is back.

Ok, go away then.
  • Options
    Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Posts: 11,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ronant wrote: »
    Not at all scientific of course but...

@theawayfans: Retweet if you'll watch the World Cup Final on the BBC or Fav if you will watch on ITV. http://t.co/yK0OANsPsG

Currently -
    12,000 retweets for BBC
    305 favourites for ITV.

I know this is Just A Bit Of Fun but of course polls like that are always useless because you don't see favourites on your Twitter feed but you do see Retweets, so obviously Retweets always has a massive advantage because if you see it it'll be because one of your friends has retweeted it.

And also, people just want to slag off ITV because they're ITV.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

They won't until they squeeze the last penny out of such a banal format, that mercifully most people have seen through. Unfortunately shows now seem to be on for years now so long as a small profit is still made.
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OK see you then, have a good break
  • Options
    cylon6cylon6 Posts: 25,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks DMN.
    Thanks DMN, impressive timeshift of 1.08m (up 50.7% from its overnight: 2.13m), shame the overnight fell for the second episode. It's very good, already up there with Happy Valley and Line of Duty imo, so I hope it can stabilise.
    A good start for The Honourable Woman but will probably be around 2m in consolidated ratings unless interest is rekindled.
  • Options
    Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC advertising the World Cup final as being 'live and uninterrupted' on BBC1.

We all know they will win by a country mile, particularly with it being Hansen's last show and because 'everyone on Twitter' hates Adrian Chiles, so I don't think they need to play the adverts card. Stay classy as someone said yesterday.

It doesn't do them many favours when there are some people who want to abolish the BBC/licence fee (not me I hasten to add)

ITV will get 2m, BBC1 will get the remainder, how ever high that will be.
  • Options
    PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nick202 wrote: »
    Aaaaah that makes me want to boil my own head! >:(
    You can boil mine while you're at it.
    How about how both Emmerdale's beat EE yesterday. That's noteworthy.
    We missed you last Friday, Roscoe. Were you busy? ;-)
  • Options
    jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »

Does that mean no Eastenders advert? :D;).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amanda Holden has tweeted she will cover Holly Willoughby's absence on maternity leave from ITV's This Morning reports the Daily Express
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

We all know they will win by a country mile, particularly with it being Hansen's last show and because 'everyone on Twitter' hates Adrian Chiles, so I don't think they need to play the adverts card. Stay classy as someone said yesterday.

It doesn't do them many favours when there are some people who want to abolish the BBC/licence fee (not me I hasten to add)

ITV will get 2m, [/b}BBC1 will get the remainder, how ever high that will be.

That sounds like the usual massive underprediction - although I agree it wont be large.

Dont get what the sudden problem with BBC advertising its programs is - they have always done it as do every other channel. :confused:
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    yorkie100 wrote: »
    That sounds like the usual massive underprediction - although I agree it wont be large.

Dont get what the sudden problem with BBC advertising its programs is - they have always done it as do every other channel. :confused:
    I think Andy's issue is the use of the word "uninterrupted" on it, not the advert itself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorkie100 wrote: »

Presumably ITV will not be interrupting the actual game to show adverts so I suppose you could say their coverage will be ''uninterrupted'' as well although they do pack the ads in at half-time but then they are a commercial broadcaster. I suspect a 4-1 win for the BBC.
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

ITV will get 2m, BBC1 will get the remainder, how ever high that will be.

Any TV channel or business will play to their advantages and a reminder that the BBC will be uninterrupted is selling there advantage, their fir the only time up against ITV from the agreement on the matches and for both sides it's important to show the viewers preferred thst side.

We know it will be in the newspapers as soon as the ratings are out and if the BBC didn't do well the Daily Nsil will make a meal of it.

So Benefits BBC.

Uniterrupted.
    Gary Lineker.
    Good commentary team.
    Hansens last punditry.
    Alan Shearer.
    Games have rated better so far.
    Seem to have picked the best games with the most astonishing results.

Benefits ITV.

OK to be fair the adverts a great to interrupt seeing Adrain Chiles.
    To have a laugh when they hit an advert just before a goal is scored.
    Or leave the game two minutes before the end and leave the last few minutes on ITV4.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The One Show: 2.58m (16.6%)
    The Great Property Race: 2.36m (13.9%)
    EastEnders: 5.44m (30.1%)
    Celebrity Masterchef: 3.96m (20.6%)
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    "EastEnders" sinking in the Friday night timeslot and pulling its averages further down. Moore needs to address the problem around this episode by cutting or moving.
  • Options
    burbeburbe Posts: 1,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Masterchef did very well over the 90 minute timeslot! I imagine 9pm onwards dragged it up, and we could have seen 4m+ if it were a 1 hour show.
    johnnymc wrote: »
    "EastEnders" sinking in the Friday night timeslot and pulling its averages further down. Moore needs to address the problem around this episode by cutting or moving.

It's a lack of overall viewers that's dragging EE down on Fridays. 30% is average for its Friday episode since last year. It's just the time of year means it's only mustering around mid-5m with such a share.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The One Show: 2.58m (16.6%)
    The Great Property Race: 2.36m (13.9%)
    EastEnders: 5.44m (30.1%)
    Celebrity Masterchef: 3.96m (20.6%)
    johnnymc wrote: »

Sinking in the Friday night timeslot? On a 30% audience share which is largely unchanged from Thursday's, and on par with Emmerdale?
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    burbe wrote: »
    Masterchef did very well over the 90 minute timeslot! I imagine 9pm onwards dragged it up, and we could have seen 4m+ if it were a 1 hour show.

It's a lack of overall viewers that's dragging EE down on Fridays. 30% is average for its Friday episode since last year. It's just the time of year means it's only mustering around mid-5m with such a share.

Is it burbe. I've no idea about its share. But there is no point in having a forth episode if viewers don't want it. It just drags the other ratings down over the whole week. Its a lacklustre rating 5 and half million overnight is below the likes of "Country file" and "Coronation Street" never drops to those lows. Is it now to be on par with "Emmerdale" then which is an inferior drama, if indeed it can be described as drama. It should be above "Emmerdale" and certainly not be stretched below it. The extra episode should be moved to Monday or Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.