Options

Do you think it's disrespectful when people light up a **** next to you?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Indoors, that is. I personally do.

Comments

• Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    I don't smoke in the house or car, I always go outside. I don't know anyone who smokes indoors these days.
  • Options
    DoctorQuiDoctorQui Posts: 6,428
    Forum Member
    If it was in my house then yes, if it was in a public place its illegal, if its in their house, no!
  • Options
    netcurtainsnetcurtains Posts: 23,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course not.
  • Options
    Old BlokeOld Bloke Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Grief, no!
  • Options
    sorlosorlo Posts: 621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Inconsiderate - yes. Disrespectful - not at all.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorlo wrote: »

I'd agree with this
  • Options
    Aspen123Aspen123 Posts: 238
    Forum Member
    No, I wouldn't mind though it very rarely happens nowadays. I find when I'm out and about with my toddler people sometimes looks sheepish if they are smoking near her. I don't mind though - I'm sure she will survive breathing in a bit of diluted cigarette smoke occasionally. Probably much less damaging than all the car exhaust fumes she regularly inhales...
  • Options
    neelianeelia Posts: 24,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would think it thoughtless
  • Options
    IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    DoctorQui wrote: »
    If it was in my house then yes, if it was in a public place its illegal, if its in their house, no!
    Oh, so why aren't the police/CSOs giving everyone walking down the street with a cigarette in hand on the spot fines. I'll think you find it's only illegal in enclosed public venues, vehicles that are used to ferry passengers or vehicles that are used by more than one person for business related purposes.

As for whether it would be disrespectful. I'd be more miffed that they hadn't offered me one as opposed to finding it disrespectful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sorlo wrote: »

Wrong word. I meant inconsiderate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but if they fart or pick their nose, I might get a bit restless.
  • Options
    Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're making nuclear weapons and genetically engineered bird flu and you're worried about a bit of cigarette smoke, what in the actual f-ck? :confused:
    :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know a single person who smokes in their home.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do so love when the bloke above me smokes outside on the balcony, his second hand smoke makes for a great fragrance in my flat.

but then Im a bitter ex smoker ...why cant I smoke anymore ..why couldnt it be good for you:(
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just come back from Greece where the smoking ban is blatently ignored. Every restaurant we ate in, people were smoking at the tables. The Brits were the worst though as they probably couldn't beleive they could get away with it.

The only thing that stopped it being a nightmare was the fact that they all had the aircon on full blast some you didn't really notice the smoke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it is disprespectful, if they have not offered me one as well.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really couldn't bring myself to care whether they do or not. Guess that's a no.
  • Options
    BogzBogz Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DianaFire wrote: »
    I really couldn't bring myself to care whether they do or not. Guess that's a no.

This.
  • Options
    peonpeon Posts: 1,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it is if you're halfway through getting a BJ off him in the dark corner of a nightclub
  • Options
    Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member
    Yes. I hate anyone smoking right beside me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As has been said already ... depends where it is.

As a smoker myself, it wouldn't bother me in the slightest if it was in my house, their house or somewhere where smoking is still permitted.

Speaking for myself, I would only light a cigarette in somebody else's house if they had said it was OK for me to do so or if they sparked up first themselves .. otherwise, I would gladly go outside or wait until I left their home.

In all other places (where smoking is permitted of course) - I would light my cigarette as and when I felt like it.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know a single person who smokes in their home.

Interesting - when I smoked (back in the '80s) I used to smoke in the home, even when I flat shared with non-smokers:o I suppose thats becouse that was the done thing then - certainly my dad and my other smoking relatives would just spark up without asking when at home.
    As I live alone if I still smoked I'd certainly smoke at home, but I do know of single smokers who dont - always struck me as odd...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shrike wrote: »
    Interesting - when I smoked (back in the '80s) I used to smoke in the home, even when I flat shared with non-smokers:o I suppose thats becouse that was the done thing then - certainly my dad and my other smoking relatives would just spark up without asking when at home.
    As I live alone if I still smoked I'd certainly smoke at home, but I do know of single smokers who dont - always struck me as odd...

I always stand at the back door because it makes the soft furnishings smell and turns paint yellow.

Sometimes after a few drinks I will just get past caring and get an ash tray out (probably once a week) but any other time I stand at the door.
  • Options
    orchoverorchover Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I hate it and I will deliberately and obviously move away from anybody who smokes near me.
  • Options
    Nard DogNard Dog Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is both but I dont know anyone who smokes or would do this.