Options

scoring slightly unfair from Len?

I'm only posting this - just to see if people feel the same way about it. I like Len Goodman as a judge but I'm finding his scoring is becoming more and more erratic.

He scored Ben and Natalie last week the same - both with 9's. I just find that I little unfair as Natalie's dance was clearly a lot better in technique and had a real grace to it, and I appreciate lens thoughts on the parts out of hold.
Ben's dance was fantastic as well, and was his best, but did not have the same standard of technique as far as the dance was concerned. I agreed his performance was great and the acting was great but technique wise it wasn't as good as it could have been. Thats why I found an 7/8 a good mark for it.

I just dont see how then you're able to compare the dancers that way. (?)

I both love Natalie and Ben and their performances every week - but I just feel that the scores are becoming a bit bizarre! I know craig always gets the rough end of the stick - being brandished as the mean judge - but I actually think he is really consistent in his scoring.

Just throwing this out there, just wanted to see if other people feel the same. :)

Comments

• Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Considering that Natalie's dance was only 25% Viennese waltz, she should have been graded out of 3 :p 9 was very generous.
  • Options
    j4Rosej4Rose Posts: 5,482
    Forum Member
    It seems like Len would have given Natalie a ten if the choreography had been more traditional.

Ben deserved a 5/6 in my opinion. If he looked like Mark or Dave and danced like that, then his scores would be much lower/realistic.
  • Options
    StigOfTheKrumpStigOfTheKrump Posts: 36,363
    Forum Member
    Psychosis wrote: »
    Considering that Natalie's dance was only 25% Viennese waltz, she should have been graded out of 3 :p 9 was very generous.

The best-danced dance of the night would have scored a 3 - lower than Dave Myers - from you due to a decision made by her partner (which wasn't against the rules, of which there are pretty much none. Most pros just decide to include more in-hold content than others, but now the dancing show focussed has been lessened, they can take a more 'artistic' route with their choreo especially seeing as this was part of a theme week)? I think I'll stick with Len's slightly high scores, thanks. :p
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards amsterdamanna.

If you'd joined earlier you would have seen the many, many posts about Len having 'lost the plot' and at least one thread on this very subject.
  • Options
    parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you'd joined earlier... etc...

When I saw Anna's thread title I thought "She must be new" :p

Welcome, Anna :)

Len has his own agenda and that doesn't include marking according to performance :mad:
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    parthena wrote: »
    When I saw Anna's thread title I thought "She must be new" :p

Welcome, Anna :)

Len has his own agenda and that doesn't include marking according to performance :mad:

He very, very, very generously marked the performance of the Viennese Waltz. The reason it wasn't a ten is that it wasn't a VW. If they're not going to be marked on the dances that they're doing then what's the point in doing separate dances at all? Why not just do a series of showdances?
  • Options
    JVSJVS Posts: 12,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Head judge' (presumably because of age) Len Goodman never uses the scoring system properly. Tonight he gave a 3 point spread between the best and the worst dances!!! He's a disgrace.

And it was obvious he gave Ben an extra point because he was annoyed at Craig's remarks.
  • Options
    ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He overmarked Ben tonight in my opinion.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    ilovesooty wrote: »
    He overmarked Ben tonight in my opinion.

Possibly making up for Craig undermarking him?
  • Options
    LurchergirlsLurchergirls Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    Lens scoring is abysmal, he constantly uses the same paddles, I'm beginning to this he can only count from 6 to 9 :confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tissy wrote: »
    Possibly making up for Craig undermarking him?

Suspect Craig marked very low, because he knew Len would over mark. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Suspect Craig marked very low, because he knew Len would over mark. ;)

This.
    I like Ben but again he danced the jive content very badly and had to be lead by Kristina. I think Kristina is working with what she has very good but ben seems to be unable to deliever the cheography with conviction.
  • Options
    celfyddydaucelfyddydau Posts: 1,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    what confused me was the 10 from Darcy when she had said that the dance wasn't perfect!
  • Options
    ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what confused me was the 10 from Darcy when she had said that the dance wasn't perfect!

Yes what score will she give for 'perfect'? I think Bruno overall is fair with his scores, although he is a bit of a showman