England v costa Rica on ITV4

Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
Forum Member
By rights it should be nothing game, for either team now as Costa Rica are group winners what ever happens,and the main game should be on ITV1 with Italy v Uruguay
The big. Game now

Comments

• jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Won't happen.
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    Won't happen.
    Know should do though, can't see many wanting to see it though
  • ComputerComputer Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your logic would work for any other group, but since England friendlies rate very highly for ITV1 it would be ludicrous for them not to show an England World Cup match on the main channel!
  • Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    Know should do though, can't see many wanting to see it though

It'll get higher ratings than the timeslot average.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    We'll be out watching it.

To us it's not much more than a friendly match but some of the young players may get a game and a chance to appear in the world cup.

We might actually have a good game :D
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many people who'll watch England v Costa Rica will do so out of grim curiosity to see if England reach the nadir of losing to Costa Rica and making it a clean sweep of defeats.

I'll be watching Italy v Uruguay as that could well turn into something of a tear-up.
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,085
    Forum Member
    No reason for it to be on ITV4. England v Costa Rica with England already out would probably get at least double the ratings of Italy v Uruguay in terms of which game should be on ITV1. ITV won't throw that chance away.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its on Itv 1, what a disgrace, Italy/Uruguay should have been on 1, Englands game is a nothing game now. :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    Its on Itv 1, what a disgrace, Italy/Uruguay should have been on 1, Englands game is a nothing game now. :/

Do you not have access to ITV4?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you not have access to ITV4?

Yes, but only in SD. :(
  • stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,085
    Forum Member

A disgrace? Really? Talk about an overreaction. The England game would get massive ratings compared to Italy v Uruguay, and advertisers will have paid for ITV1 England match slots, ITV aren't going to throw those ratings and that money away. If it wasn't England, it'd be on ITV4, but it is England, so it'll be on ITV1. Simple as that. NEVER going to change, even 50-100 years down the line if the situation was the same, then it'd be England on ITV1.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should be relegated to 4, as its just a friendly, its not part of the World Cup.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm sure you'll survive. ITV can't pass up the advertising revenue. The fact is the England game will rate higher than Italy v Uruguay even though it is a dead rubber.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure you'll survive. ITV can't pass up the advertising revenue. The fact is the England game will rate higher than Italy v Uruguay even though it is a dead rubber.

Oh yeah i'll survive :D
  • Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    My local has just said after tonight's results this game will now Not be on big screen outside only on tv inside
    Talk about fickle fans
  • SouthCitySouthCity Posts: 12,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should be relegated to 4, as its just a friendly, its not part of the World Cup.

As I understand it Costa Rica are not yet guaranteed top place in the group, and they will want to avoid Colombia, so it isn't a friendly.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    Don't you just love fairweather supporters.

It's the final chapter in our national team's tournament. If you don't like it, stick itv4 on. But ratings suggest it's a no brainer.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact is the England game will rate higher than Italy v Uruguay even though it is a dead rubber.

It's true, but it is a shame that that is the case.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbedin73 wrote: »
    By rights it should be nothing game, for either team now as Costa Rica are group winners what ever happens,and the main game should be on ITV1 with Italy v Uruguay
    The big. Game now

It's not gonna happen: this is the same company that's showing Brazil-Cameroon on ITV (the hosts need a point against a team who couldn't score in a brothel with a fistful of £50 notes) whilst putting Mexico-Croatia (the winner of which will qualify for the knock-out stages) on ITV4.
  • coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats the disgrace :)
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my TV listings on Monday they have Spain/Australia on ITV1 which is about as dead a rubber as they come. meanwhile on 4 the top two are playing for the chance to play....Brazil. Think one or two own goals are in order, Holland and Chile!!

(I expect common sense will prevail and the games be switched on ITV)
  • Paul254Paul254 Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It is, and we will stand by our boys and cheer them on to hopefully exit with a victory!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    howard h wrote: »
    In my TV listings on Monday they have Spain/Australia on ITV1 which is about as dead a rubber as they come. meanwhile on 4 the top two are playing for the chance to play....Brazil. Think one or two own goals are in order, Holland and Chile!!

(I expect common sense will prevail and the games be switched on ITV)

Netherlands v Chile is on ITV, Spain v Australia on ITV4. ITV were just pre-empting when they released their original schedules.
  • corh5corh5 Posts: 357
    Forum Member
    SouthCity wrote: »
    As I understand it Costa Rica are not yet guaranteed top place in the group, and they will want to avoid Colombia, so it isn't a friendly.

Correct, goal difference could still play a part.
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Costa Rica need a draw to guarantee top spot. England need a win or draw to avoid humiliation.

Even though Uruguay v Italy will be a fierce battle for qualification, I will probably watch the England game assuming we'll be playing younger guys (Barkley, Lallana, Shaw, Wilshere). That, and the lack of ITV4 HD.

Let's not forget that the reason we got an awful group this time around was due to our poor FIFA ranking. We've already lost two competitive games so we really need a win against Costa Rica to avoid slipping further for Euro 2016.