Anyone else disappointed with Rachel tonight?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitman-X wrote: »
    look at her attitude tonight, trying to tell simon what to do etc. She needs to learn to listen to other people. If she won't listen to someone as high profile as simon then what will she be like to other people?

But she totally backed down and stepped back and acknowledged what Simon had said.
  • Hitman-XHitman-X Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipGypsy wrote: »
    But she totally backed down and stepped back and acknowledged what Simon had said.

cos simon made her. simon had to say "you're making it worse for yourself" like 3 times before she shut up.
  • lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZipGypsy wrote: »

She did. I think those who are heavily criticising her on her hated her before tonight anyways. So they are going to pick and choose the moments so to speak.

She did admit she shouldn't have opened her mouth.
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She has a great voice but I didn't enjoy her interpretation of the Snow Patrol song. I agree that her attitude stinks, she comes across as arrogant and manipulative IMHO.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muppeteer wrote: »
    She has a great voice but I didn't enjoy her interpretation of the Snow Patrol song. I agree that her attitude stinks, she comes across as arrogant and manipulative IMHO.

Care to elaborate on that please?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muppeteer wrote: »

not surprising for a druggy who had a kid when she was like 12-13 :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well there you go. Evidence if needn't be. Certain people will dislike her no matter what she does due to her past.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I didnt like her singing Chasing Cars, but it wasnt the "arrangement" it was the song itself, it didnt suit her voice (IMO).
    Her attitude was a bit cheeky but not all that bad, she was just standing up for herself, its all right for Simon :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lala wrote: »
    Well there you go. Evidence if needn't be. Certain people will dislike her no matter what she does due to her past.

she says she wants to change, but if she wants to she must at least show a bit of respect to someone as high profile as simon. if she can't respect simon, then who can she possibly respect? simon shouldn't need to tell her 3 times to shut up.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh, when she was a child, you mean? Drug use and pregnancy in childhood are not an 'attitude' problem. Gawd knows what the girl went through.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep. It would seem so.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she says she wants to change, but if she wants to she must at least show a bit of respect to someone as high profile as simon. if she can't respect simon, then who can she possibly respect? simon shouldn't need to tell her 3 times to shut up.

Funny. Posh totty Will Young stands up to Simon, and is hailed as a hero. Working class ex-druggie from a council estate tries to do the same, she's a witch. Welcome to the United Kingdom.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny. Posh totty Will Young stands up to Simon, and is hailed as a hero. Working class ex-druggie from a council estate tries to do the same, she's a witch. Welcome to the United Kingdom.

Well said, lala. :)
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    If she gets through to the live shows I won't be voting for her judging by tonight's behaviour.

She used the "I'm nervous" excuse - everybody was nervous love. Then she started trying to talk over the judges with no respect.

Nobody will want to work with her from managers to record companies. She's too much of a gobshite.

She has no right to be there more than anybody else - and I thought her song tonight was awful - it was ages until I knew what she was trying to sing. And it was all on one note! Awful. So awful performance and awful behaviour.

Horrible woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    good voice but awful personality sums her up
  • Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member

I'm working class and from a council estate but I certainly don't have an attitude problem like Rachel.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't much like her voice,and it's not because of her past or whatever,I just don't like her voice,and went off her even more tonight.
    That said,there are loads there whose voices I don't like.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she gets through to the live shows I won't be voting for her judging by tonight's behaviour.

She used the "I'm nervous" excuse - everybody was nervous love. Then she started trying to talk over the judges with no respect.

Nobody will want to work with her from managers to record companies. She's too much of a gobshite.

She has no right to be there more than anybody else - and I thought her song tonight was awful - it was ages until I knew what she was trying to sing. And it was all on one note! Awful. So awful performance and awful behaviour.

Horrible woman.

Plenty of contestants have done that in the past. Yet they've not been slapped with such venom. She wasn't even aggressive. And I think she was genuinely nervous. As Simon says, she a bit self destructive.

I've seen a lot, lot worse in this city I'm living in. She's practically respectable compared to some I've met.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Horrible woman.

Why do you think some singers are described as 'diva's'? lol...

What do you think that diva attitude consists of exactly?

Rachel was just behaving abit divaerrish.

So many overexaggerations its kinda sad to read.
  • MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
    Forum Member

But Will is just one exception. Since then, in most of these kind of talents shows like TXF or even The Apprentice and BGT, these shows are very anti posh/privelleged/rich/good backgrounded people, regardless of their ability or talent. Trust me, if Will were to say what Rachel said today nowadays, then he would be vilified. But back then it was new, and everyone was against Simon. Recently he has built up support. And I think, if anything, people think she is a "witch" because she is a woman.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm working class and from a council estate but I certainly don't have an attitude problem like Rachel.

I don't get this talk of attitude? What attitude. All I saw was a girl who cocked things up a bit by nervously babbling crap. I didn't see any ghetto behaviour. And if people think that is ghetto behaviour..... Than they haven't been to Tottenham I tell ya.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,918
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum never disappoints me, certain posters have an undying need to act superior and be overly moral. I am surprised no one has called her "vile" and "cow" yet or is that only used on the BB forum?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moloko wrote: »
    But Will is just one exception. Since then, in most of these kind of talents shows like TXF or even The Apprentice and BGT, these shows are very anti posh/privelleged/rich/good backgrounded people, regardless of their ability or talent. Trust me, if Will were to say what Rachel said today nowadays, then he would be vilified. But back then it was new, and everyone was against Simon. Recently he has built up support. And I think, if anything, people think she is a "witch" because she is a woman.

Sorry to go off topic here..... But I hope that's the case in the State in regards to Sarah Palin.

Okay..... off topic over now lol.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    Well she's got a long way to go to improve both vocally and with controlling her gob.

There are much better singers in there than her so shouting the loudest will just get her kicked off. Think Big Brother. Big gobs are out first.

I think she'll find criticism very hard to take and she won't listen but will be likely to stomp off in a rage. She can't behave like that on the live shows in front of the viewing public - the public who will be voting.

She has to change and quick.
  • muppeteermuppeteer Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Care to elaborate on that please?:confused:

I got the impression tonight that she was acting up a bit for the cameras by being diva-ish. I think she may not be as genuine or reformed as she wants us to believe.