Options

Davina McCall - 5th most watched person this year

MolokoMoloko Posts: 7,871
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a139225/chiles-is-most-watched-man-on-tv.html

Despite BB's falling ratings, Davina is the UK 5th most watched person this year! Dermot, whose show has 10m a night, is below her, and Ant and Dec, who get 8m per night for 3 weeks, made 7th.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't forget Britain's Got Talent as well for Ant & Dec. I like Davina but theres something not right on that list. My bet would be that figure is for the entire series of Big Brother, not the live shows she presented.
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    403 mill = about 4 mill a day for 13 weeks, seeing as Dav was on once a week most weeks shows how deceptive those figs are.......
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamW25 wrote: »
    Don't forget Britain's Got Talent as well for Ant & Dec. I like Davina but theres something not right on that list. My bet would be that figure is for the entire series of Big Brother, not the live shows she presented.

Ant & Dec have Saturday Night Takeaway as well so I cant believe that IAC, SNT and BGT would pull in less viewers than BB's HL shows.................similarily Dermot on XF
  • Options
    BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oilcat wrote: »
    Ant & Dec have Saturday Night Takeaway as well so I cant believe that IAC, SNT and BGT would pull in less viewers than BB's HL shows.................similarily Dermot on XF
    BB is on every day for 13 weeks not once a week tho
  • Options
    oilcatoilcat Posts: 27,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    BB is on every day for 13 weeks not once a week tho

Yeah but Davina is only on once a week
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oilcat wrote: »

But remember Big Brother was on for 93 days pulling in an average of 3.6m which is equivalent to 13 episodes of a show with 25.2m viewers.
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Davina has also been on shows like Nevermind the Buzzcocks, Paul O'Grady etc
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    But remember Big Brother was on for 93 days pulling in an average of 3.6m which is equivalent to 13 episodes of a show with 25.2m viewers.
    Its more than that, there are two shows on Eviction nights. One with the highlights/announcement and then another for the eviction.

Not forgetting the 2 one hour shows for Mo/Kat's evictions.. plus the show where Lisa/Sara got 25k each. Plus a BBLB appearence each week. Plus a week presenting Big Mouth.

Plus any other appearences anywhere else on other shows.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    Its more than that, there are two shows on Eviction nights. One with the highlights/announcement and then another for the eviction.

Not forgetting the 2 one hour shows for Mo/Kat's evictions.. plus the show where Lisa/Sara got 25k each. Plus a BBLB appearence each week. Plus a week presenting Big Mouth.

Still doubt it would equal more than Ant and Dec or Dermot O'Leary. Very questionable calculations there - a tad misleading I dare say.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    InMyArms wrote: »

Well adding up the figures for the main show alone:

For arguments sake lets say the first eviction show averaged at 4m viewers and the second at 3.5m. All were roughly in line with that. Thats (4 + 3.5) x 12 which is 90. Then add on 5.8m for the final, and 4.5m and 5.4m for the final, thats now 105.7. Now lets add 8.1m for the live nominations/goldenballs shows (combined), and a further 8m for the secret evictions (again combined). Thats now on 121.8m. The highest BBBM with her got was just over 1m, and the lowest was around 250,000 (I think) so lets just add on 4m (1m per show) even though it wasn't that, and still shes only on 125.8m, and she hasn't been on anything else so frequently to gain just under another 300m.

[/saddo :o]
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Moloko wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a139225/chiles-is-most-watched-man-on-tv.html

Despite BB's falling ratings, Davina is the UK 5th most watched person this year! Dermot, whose show has 10m a night, is below her, and Ant and Dec, who get 8m per night for 3 weeks, made 7th.

Most watched is a silly idea if they count hours times people. The answer is one of the main BBC newsreaders is on most if they count it that way.

The figure for Davina looks silly even under that counting system - more like the total for BB as a whole to get anywhere near people who are on every day like Anne Robinson or Paul O Grady or Noel Edmonds. Its an odd figure too when you can get an hours credit for being on screen for 10 minutes.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Well adding up the figures for the main show alone:

For arguments sake lets say the first eviction show averaged at 4m viewers and the second at 3.5m. All were roughly in line with that. Thats (4 + 3.5) x 12 which is 90. Then add on 5.8m for the final, and 4.5m and 5.4m for the final, thats now 105.7. Now lets add 8.1m for the live nominations/goldenballs shows (combined), and a further 8m for the secret evictions (again combined). Thats now on 121.8m. The highest BBBM with her got was just over 1m, and the lowest was around 250,000 (I think) so lets just add on 4m (1m per show) even though it wasn't that, and still shes only on 125.8m, and she hasn't been on anything else so frequently to gain just under another 300m.

[/saddo :o]

The criteria would have to be personmillionviewer hours so you would need to multiply that by time on air. Time on air though is misleading because most of the time she's not on air but a VT is.
  • Options
    MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    False numbers... the whole thing is humbug.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,118
    Forum Member
    davina is only on bb because of inertia.

no new show would want to try to poach her as everything else she touches turns to dross.

her interviews are bland, and banal. they also seem to bear less and less context to events inside the house.

why so sugary towards luke? why the venom towards amy bb8 and rachel bb9?

just weird, and bad presenting.

not funny, not entertaining, and very much past her sell by date.
  • Options
    La LunaLa Luna Posts: 159
    Forum Member
    I think Davina is a yummy mummy MILF.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 54,990
    Forum Member
    "Statistics showed that Adrian Chiles broadcast to a total audience of 1.04 billion in 2008."

May I suggest he did not.....the UK population is around 60 million.

It's more likely he broadcast to the same 2-3million people nightly and if Davina is in the top 5 then then it indicates this chart is utter nonsense and meaningless.

Does anyone really watch or take note of those hair ads she does?