Options

Rachel was Brilliant ....?

RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've just ( I know it's a bit sad) watched the quater, the semi and the final again this afternoon.

It was a magnificent feast of dancing.

Honourable mention to Austin for showmanship and enthusiasim.

To Lisa for a great quickstep (awkward shoulders - I can't help myself.)

To Tom - that Foxtrot - I loved it - the only time you really, really understood what it was all about. I nearly cried myself because I thought you understood.

But to Rachel and Vincent - that Tango - MAGNIFICENT

That At - totally incredible - not even in the same ballpark, no league, as any other I've seen on this programme - LEGENDARY.

Their AS - as beautiful and smooth and professional a dance as ever a professional has done on the show!:) marvellous.

Not denying Tom deserved to win - but praise praise praise Rachel and Vincent for some of the most accomplished and beautiful dances I have ever seen, Thanks SCD.

Rachel was Brilliant

Comments

• Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Every dance of theirs just gets better to me on repeat viewing. I'm so happy that they were a part of SCD, so happy that I get to see them on tour :D

And may I add, they are my favourite partnership in any series :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A more appropriate adjective may be 'amazing.' :D
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Winehouse wrote: »

:D along with 'a dream come true' and others:D

Saying that they WERE the best dancers, along with Erin & Austin.
    Tom got the shallow female vote, and Camila the sympathy vote:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They really made it for me this year, and repeat viewings add and add and add to the quality and beauty of what they've done this year. I really love the dancing and I really appreciate Vincent's dedication to the dancing. That - and the way he, and his partner expressed themselves through it, moved me again today.

Thank you Psychosis - I hope you enjoy the tour. Couldn't really do that this year. The nearest is Cardiff and I'd be flying solo as nobody can make it and It's a long way from where I am anyway.

But I've a ticket to a 'private event' and am seeing V&F in March hehe.:)

I've heard Vincent is spectacular live and I'm really looking forward to it.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winehouse wrote: »

Winehouse, that was too easy a pop. I expect far more wit from you. Not that you care, but remember I could, for all you know, actually be Heather.
  • Options
    PsychosisPsychosis Posts: 18,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Psychosis - I hope you enjoy the tour. Couldn't really do that this year. The nearest is Cardiff and I'd be flying solo as nobody can make it and It's a long way from where I am anyway.

But I've a ticket to a 'private event' and am seeing V&F in March hehe.:)

I've heard Vincent is spectacular live and I'm really looking forward to it.:D

:o I could only find one single ticket but it was in row F so I decided to go by myself, lol. It's a matinee performance so I can go and come back on the same day by train.

The things I do for R/V! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trunkster wrote: »

Cheers trunkster - realise she wasn't the most animated and intellectually challenging and animated as an interviewee - but I've watched few real artists and performers that are, it's a sort of extra skil.

Saw Hockney - totally inarticulate - I think it's odd because words are where I live, but, for many, some of the really greats even, words don't do it - they have to express themselves in other ways. I've got to say, artist or not, Rachel can't half dance. I'd rather she did that, than dance less well and talk a bit better:D
  • Options
    MikayMikay Posts: 10,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The true Strictly Champions!

Marvelous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member

Excuse me? I am a female, and voted for Tom not on the basis of shallow looks, but because in my opinion, he was by a mile the best allrounder there.

He had the technique good enough to be good (yes, the girls may have technically been better, but it's not all about technicality, hence why for example in figure skating they mark technical and performance SEPARATELY), but he captured us and showed us his enjoyment while, HAVING FUN.

I reckon a new scoring system should be based on performance and technique separately, with marks out of 20 for each judge for each dance. Then they can do whatever they like.
  • Options
    arddunolarddunol Posts: 12,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whilst admiring her progress in dancing , I continued to find her performances bland and lacking in wow factor right through, including the showdance .

I don't think for one minute she can relaunch her carer on the basis of SCD . I was actaully quite sad to see the photo on the front of one of yesterday's tabloids.
  • Options
    jjackson42jjackson42 Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    arddunol wrote: »
    Whilst admiring her progress in dancing , I continued to find her performances bland and lacking in wow factor right through, including the showdance .

I don't think for one minute she can relaunch her carer on the basis of SCD . I was actaully quite sad to see the photo on the front of one of yesterday's tabloids.

My feelings exactly!!!!

JJ
  • Options
    ava2007ava2007 Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    I have loved Vincent ever since he danced with Louisa, who was a favourite of mine - I thought Rachel was so different from how I imagined she would be and I am sure most people thought she would be another loud, look at me , gobby popster - she completely took a lot of people by surprise IMO, and I did cringe sometimes when she was interviewed, but there again I preferred that to the in your face types like Zoe Ball - she is full of contradictions but I find her very endearing and loved her and Vincent together.
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    arddunol wrote: »

Me too. I thought that her efforts at SCD indicated she was prepared to graft at a showbusiness career. But it was back to fingering her crotch in lingerie shots yesterday. Easy money but limited shelf life. Sad.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So its fine that several male celeb dancers have shown off their bodies on the dancefloor & in magazines !!! I was also surprised when seeing a picture in the Dstar online a few weeks ago that the picture of Rachel they used was taken 6-7 years ago, didn't know they held onto pics that long!!

Anyway discussing the dancing- yes I have rewatched several of Rachel's dances & others & the detail that you miss on the first view is surprising. I loved their Tango /At
    Waltz & even their first dance the Salsa. I also enjoyed Tom's Foxtrot, Lisa's waltz, Austin's jive. But have loved many of Vincent & Rachel's dances.
  • Options
    LilySueLilySue Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    I loved Rachel and Vincent's partnership.

I've never seen Strictly before so started without any pre-conceptions, and initially my favourite was Tom because he danced with such joy. However I watched Rachel gain confidence and learn to trust Vincent, and from then on I was rooting for them as a couple.

I thought their Argentine Tango was simply amazing, even my husband was yelling " Well done" from the sofa :D
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG Rachel's Tango was DULL
  • Options
    Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lovely to see something positive about Rachel and Vincent. I too think they were the best dancers technically this series. I agree with the poster about having the scoring system differently, as it would have stopped so many people moaning about over marking because technically she more than deserved her scores and it would have been unfair for the judges to 'deduct' points because she was quiet and more subdued on the dance floor than some other people. Everyone looks for WOW but gets it in different ways, the sheer brilliance of their Argentine Tango and Tango were enough to WOW me, Tom was just too manic for me and too lax technically. I always knew that Rachel was not popular enough to win, so I would have been happy to see Austin take the crown as he was technically better than Tom but put in more 'performance' than Rachel, but it wasnt to be unfortunately.
  • Options
    blueabublueabu Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rachel's execution of the dance may have been good, but she was D.U.L.L. as dishwater and showed no personality for me at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, she just lacked personality in her dances, she was boring, and it dosent help that im not a fan of vincents either.. never really like Sclub7 either.. Dull.Dull.Dull!!
    Sorry :o
  • Options
    SideshowStuSideshowStu Posts: 11,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What a lovely simplistic view to have of people you don't know trunkster :)

Assuming you're right though, why didn't you include Austin as someone else who benefited from the 'shallow female vote'? As I recall it there was as much talk about Austin's 'guns' as his actual dancing...Ironic really as the lack of proper free movement in those 'guns' cost him dearly in the end :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I cant see her being a massive star now or relaunching her music career as she does have quite a mellow personality and her solo stuf was never that great.
    Possibly she could do the modelling agian as shes so pretty?

Regarding her dancing, i thought she was fantastic. The best female celeb dancer on the show i hope her and vincent win a lot of tour dates. They were great together.
  • Options
    WinsomeWinsome Posts: 12,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Rachel to be a beautiful dancer. She worked hard, and got it right for the most part. As for her personality, it would seem to be frowned upon to be a quiet person, who doesn't want to share her personal life with the world, but I quite like that about her.
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    How well did she do in the champions scd.? ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How well did she do in the champions scd.? ;)
    You mean the Xmas special?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueabu wrote: »
    Rachel's execution of the dance may have been good, but she was D.U.L.L. as dishwater and* showed no personality for me at all.
    Totally agree.