• Options
    Andrew_ReidAndrew_Reid Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    What a load of crap!!!
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched this and 12 Years A Slave yesterday (what a depressing Monday night that was!)

Brilliant performance from Matthew McConaughey, he's already getting awards for it, but I think it'll be tough between him and Leonardo DiCaprio for Best Actor and not forgetting Chiwetel Ejiofor either...
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,966
    Forum Member
    Watched this last night, superb film, pretty depressing in parts but great acting from both Matthew McConaughey and Jared Leto.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see it in a couple of weeks :)
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    Can't wait to see it in a couple of weeks :)

feel like I have been waiting forever to see it, lol!

The anxiety is after looking forward to it for so long, hoping it lives up to my pretty high expectations!
  • Options
    stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very moving, especially Jared Leto. The performances of the leads really do stay with you long after the film is over. Hope both win an Oscar, they obviously invested a great deal of effort into the parts.
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    Where are you all seeing the film?

I can't wait to see this.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »

Presumably online - every year screeners leak and are uploaded. Or maybe for this one's it could even be recordings from a cinema, given it's already been released in the US.

I'm waiting for it to be released here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Presumably online - every year screeners leak and are uploaded. Or maybe for this one's it could even be recordings from a cinema, given it's already been released in the US.

I'm waiting for it to be released here.

I think that I'm going to wait for the UK cinema release too. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that I'm going to wait for the UK cinema release too. :)

Films I'm really excited to see I always want to see in the cinema first to see them how they were intended to be seen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    This film was made on the back of a **** packet!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

I can't wait to see this.

Screeners are very easy to find.
  • Options
    Forum Member

What does that mean exactly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Meanwhile the insight you have provided in to a film you have supposedly seen could be written on the back of a postage stamp. In large print.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yip,i was right on the edge of my seat,waiting to see what happened next.NOT!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yip,i was right on the edge of my seat,waiting to see what happened next.NOT!!

I hope Claudia Winkelman isn't reading this, she'll be sh*tting herself about losing her job.
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    Decided to give this a chance and I feel bad now for judging Matthew McConaughey based on my apathy towards his past romcom stuff. It was very moving and Jared Leto was a complete revelation!

It certainly gets you thinking, especially about what goes on behind the scenes with these pharmaceutical companies and I'm so glad that HIV is no longer the death sentence that is used to be. I can see why people would go to those extreme lengths to hold onto life, whatever the risk if they felt as though the medical professionals were messing them about, even though the doctors were just following the rules and tied by all the bureaucracy involved. Matthew's character was certainly a very canny businessman!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One week till I see it at the BFI preview screening :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 472
    Forum Member
    pretty good film , it needed to be really if MM had to lose 3 stone to play the role !!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The film comes out on Friday. I'm hoping to see it on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an interesting subject and the film is not bad with great performances from the leads. However, it's in a completely different league to the Wolf of Wall Street and the leads had much simpler roles to play than Di Caprio and Hill. Leto should not get best supporting actor over Hill, but I'm sure the subject-matter of Dallas Buyers Club will sway it in Leto's favour.
  • Options
    looney lauralooney laura Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    My local cinema isn't showing this film will have to wait for dvd release grrrrrr:(:(:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My local cinema isn't showing this film will have to wait for dvd release grrrrrr:(:(:(

I've just found this with my local Odeon. Does anyone know if Cineworld have deals on tickets on certain days in the same way that Odeon do?
  • Options
    Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,277
    Forum Member
    I've just found this with my local Odeon. Does anyone know if Cineworld have deals on tickets on certain days in the same way that Odeon do?

Cineworld do a 'Bargain Tuesday' offer.

You can check the prices here: -

http://www.cineworld.co.uk/prices
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it's pretty good , goes by very fast (always a good sign) , Mcoghnahey is very good , but it does feel a bit like a tv movie .